Showing results 1 to 25 of 156
Search took 0.52 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rich/rerat
Forum: Packard Bell Computers December 17th 11, 01:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Replies: 0
Posted By Rich/rerat
PB Multimedia 820 - 1.07 bios

BitAnnihilator42,
I have I PB MM955 w/K6 333Mhz that uses the 850/FR500 motherboard.
I have a copy of the v.1.09pb-850mb bios. It might be the same one that you
have, but if it is not, then I can it...
Forum: Dell Computers September 13th 11, 01:40 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Rich/rerat
How big a HD?

DotCom2,
You're Welcome.

--
Rich/rerat
(RRR News) (message rule)

"DotCom2" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers September 10th 11, 10:30 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Rich/rerat
How big a HD?

DotCom2,
Make sure to check if you need to get a SATA cable with a 90 degree
connector on one (1) end. I need to use them on my DimE521, because the HDDs
are located right against the removable...
Forum: Dell Computers March 22nd 11, 12:44 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Rich/rerat
Dimension C521 Graphics Card

"Dean-MN" wrote in message

"Rich/rerat" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers March 20th 11, 10:56 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Rich/rerat
Dimension C521 Graphics Card

Dean-MN,
EVGA 512-P3-1213-LR GeForce 210 512MB 64-bit DDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
Ready Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130541
VGA, DVI, HDMI connection for...
Forum: Dell Computers March 11th 10, 04:19 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Rich/rerat
high definition monitors

mc,
You should be able to add a AGP or a PCI video card , just make sure you
get the right size.
For the GX240, you will probably need a low profile (short bracket) AGP
card. Like the ones found...
Forum: Dell Computers December 30th 09, 02:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 25
Posted By Rich/rerat
wi-fi card

species8350,
The following product ships with a low-profile bracket, that can be changed
to fit slim PCs:

D-Link WDA-1320 IEEE 802.11b/g 32-bit PCI Wireless G Desktop Adapter ($
39.99 +...
Forum: Dell Computers December 6th 09, 04:26 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Rich/rerat
DELL precision 530 and DVD drive

ccrrrr,
After mounting the DVD player into your PC, you will need to install some
DVD Player software. If this is a new retail DVD-ROM, it should have came
with one on a CD. If this a used one, or...
Forum: Dell Computers November 2nd 09, 11:10 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Rich/rerat
modem question

MZB,
NewEgg.com has a modem that you can use, and there is no need to mess with
the router network that you already have set up.

MOTOROLA SB5101U USB and Ethernet 10/100Base-T SURFboard Cable...
Forum: Dell Computers October 23rd 09, 05:40 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Rich/rerat
Vostro 200

Jean,
I also use CA AV software. And there are some file types that it does not
play well with. I need to set in CA AV option's section, to exclude these
file types in Real-Time and On-Demand Scanner...
Forum: Dell Computers October 5th 09, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Rich/rerat
ordering a Dell

Eric,
It could be as simple as the packager's/inspector's ID code to see if the
items were packed in the box.

Such as, "Inspected by #12."

--
Have a Good Day,
Rich/rerat

galvo,
My Dim4600 came with a DVD-Rom player, and a CD burner. They started not to
be able to read CDs/DVDs at the same time. I base that on not running
CD/DVDs in them on a regular basis.

1. He...
Forum: Dell Computers September 11th 09, 02:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Rich/rerat
Dead Hard Drive

galvo,
I also have a Dim4600, if he is replacing the HDD with a "new" IDE HDD then:

With the "new" hdd" installed in the PC, connected at one end of the cable,
and it is set for "cable select"....
Forum: Dell Computers August 15th 09, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 69
Posted By Rich/rerat
OT-- do I really need to upgrade my IE 6.0??

MB_,
If you are using XP Home or Pro, IE6 will work fine, and security updates
are still available now, and in the near future, from Windows/Microsoft
Update site for IE6.

I currently am running...
Forum: Printers June 30th 09, 03:25 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich/rerat
How do I get a driver, Samsung ML-4500

mm,
You can download the driver from Samsung's UK site at:
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/download/supportDown.do?model_nm=ML-4500&mType=DR&vType=L&disp_nm=ML-4500

This is only the download for...
Forum: Dell Computers June 8th 09, 01:53 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Rich/rerat
max size hard drive (or partition) for Latitude D600

David.
I see the possible problems with installing the larger drive:
1. Running time on "battery only" may be reduced (battery drain). Laptop
attached with AC adapter should be no problem.
2. Will...
Forum: Dell Computers June 2nd 09, 03:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Rich/rerat
Dim 2350 Graphics Card

J D,
You will need to purchase a PCI Graphics card, since there is no AGP
graphics slot for that PC.

--
Have a Good Day,
Rich/rerat

"_J D_" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers May 31st 09, 03:12 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Rich/rerat
Installing Vista from Recovery OEM DVD

I purchased a Dimension E521 with XP MCE SP2 Roll-up, at the beginning of
Jan-o7. At the time, I believe just before Christmas (Dec-06), Dell was
offering the Vista's upgrade DVDs, if you were...
Forum: Dell Computers May 30th 09, 05:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich/rerat
what doe this dell ship with for ram?

Andrew,
Crucial.com shows it as PC133 RAM, with two (2) sticks, maxing out at 1024
MB (2 X 512MB).

I have had good personal experience with the WinTec brand purchased from...
Forum: Dell Computers May 27th 09, 07:32 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 26
Posted By Rich/rerat
Converting to AVI videos to WMV?

RnR,
I use the service on http://vixy.net/ to download/convert files from
YouTube. It requires you to have DivX already installed on your PC, so that
you play the files through Windows Media...
Forum: Printers May 14th 09, 04:01 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 6
Posted By Rich/rerat
Networking Canon MP780

Tony,
In addition to installing the printer drivers (based upon each PC's OS) on
every PC this computer is "networked too. You need to do the following.
1. Make sure that the Printer is on.
2. Make...
Forum: Dell Computers April 23rd 09, 12:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Rich/rerat
Reinstalling XP SP1 disk---Go right to SP3?

Carl,
You may want to download a copy of XP Service Pack 2. Some versions of XP
SP1 can not be updated directly to SP3. I need to install XP SP2 before
installing XP SP3, after doing a fresh...
Forum: Dell Computers April 22nd 09, 10:24 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Rich/rerat
Dell XP HOME SP3

GTS,
I believe that some Dell OEM versions of XP "pre" SP2, need to first be
updated to SP2, before you can apply SP3 to them. That is the case with my
Dimension 4600. I can't do a fresh install,...
Forum: Dell Computers April 17th 09, 07:13 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Rich/rerat
GX150 to GX150 drive swop?

scooterspal,
Yes you should have no problems with that. What you might experience, is the
device manager being updated, if you have different amt of RAM or hardware,
during the system check. Also...
Forum: Dell Computers April 3rd 09, 07:37 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By Rich/rerat
Best way to move files from desktop to laptop?

William R. Cousert,
If this is purely data files, and some backups from you XP machine, that you
plan to transfer over to the new machine. If you plan to repartition the HDD on
your Vista Machine,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 156