Showing results 1 to 25 of 98
Search took 0.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jez T
Forum: Compaq Servers February 29th 08, 07:54 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 1
Posted By Jez T
ML370G2 not supported?

Nope - Won't work. Probably, as you've already worked out, a PCI issue.

"dougf" wrote in message
Forum: Compaq Servers January 31st 08, 11:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By Jez T
PS Pinout, HP/Compaq Proliant DL320S?

wrote in message
Does anyone happen to have the pinout (really, more of an edge-
connector-out) for the...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 3rd 08, 03:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Jez T
Anyone have a DL360 G2 to sell real cheap?

"msg" wrote
I think Jez T has posted in the recent past...

I tend to stick to technical posts.
Forum: Compaq Servers November 7th 07, 12:18 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Jez T
Can DL380 G4 Convert to SAS?

Indeed. I'm consusing it with an ML350, where the ML350G4 does have a "P"
version that does take SATA drives, but not SAS at first view.

"Will" wrote in message...
Forum: Compaq Servers November 5th 07, 10:40 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Jez T
Can DL380 G4 Convert to SAS?

Given that a DL380G4 may well be under warranty, ring up the helpdesk and
ask them what parts you'd need.

I would expect that you can do the conversion, as there is a SAS/SATA
version of the...
Forum: Compaq Servers October 28th 07, 08:53 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Jez T
Any reason to NOT get a use Proliant DL580?

900Mhz = DL580 G1.

Don't hold your breath on a reduction in power consumption. Rather, work out
how much it will cost you to run over the lifetime of the server and compare
that against the cost...
Forum: Compaq Servers October 14th 07, 12:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 1
Posted By Jez T
Configuring ILO remotely?

"Bob Mgr" wrote in message
I just was talking with someone who said my most recent server, a ML350 G5
could be booted into...
Forum: Compaq Servers October 4th 07, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 11
Posted By Jez T
Problem installing NT 4 Server on DL380 G2

Make sure your system partition is less than 8 Mb. Old trick (very old)

Good idea Vince!

"VinceV" wrote in message
As...
Forum: Compaq Servers October 2nd 07, 10:30 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 11
Posted By Jez T
Problem installing NT 4 Server on DL380 G2

All you need to download is he
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/7_1342.html

Update the Firmware - BIOS + SmartArray card at the very minimum

Boot to SmartStart CD and run...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 30th 07, 11:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 12
Posted By Jez T
single file/driver for fan control

wrote

Hello

I'm having problems with my ML350 server fan speed. Running at full
speed all the time. I'm running Ubuntu 7.04 and I don't know how to
install the Linux...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 19th 07, 04:57 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 12
Posted By Jez T
single file/driver for fan control

"Phil" wrote in message
Hello NuT CrAcKeR,
The DL380's and the Few ML370's G1 we have left DO have built in fan
Forum: Compaq Servers September 19th 07, 04:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Jez T
Any know the compaq part number for a VRM for an ML350?

"Trojan Hussar" wrote in message
I have a ML350 (G1) which is currently running a single PIII 600
(133MHz...
Forum: Compaq Servers August 29th 07, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By Jez T
DL380 Setup software

"ka1ifq" wrote in message

Hello,

New to the server scene, just picked up a DL380 and am looking for...
Forum: Compaq Servers August 14th 07, 08:12 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 12
Posted By Jez T
OT Interesting Note

"Big Bob Smith" wrote

Other than Service Packs (which seem to fiz alot of MS created
problems and break more stuff) .........its not like MS provides any
Forum: Acer Computers August 9th 07, 08:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 8
Posted By Jez T
OT Interesting Note

"- Bobb -" wrote
I do think that front line folks should have it on their laptops if trying
to sell it to their clients. So I would give sales folks a Vista/XP dual
boot...
Forum: Compaq Computers August 9th 07, 08:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 8
Posted By Jez T
OT Interesting Note

"- Bobb -" wrote
I do think that front line folks should have it on their laptops if trying
to sell it to their clients. So I would give sales folks a Vista/XP dual
boot...
Forum: Compaq Servers August 9th 07, 08:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 12
Posted By Jez T
OT Interesting Note

"- Bobb -" wrote
I do think that front line folks should have it on their laptops if trying
to sell it to their clients. So I would give sales folks a Vista/XP dual
boot...
Forum: Compaq Servers August 8th 07, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 12
Posted By Jez T
OT Interesting Note

"Kevin Childers" wrote in message
Spoke to one of HPs Road Warriors today. Helped him get set-up for some
sales event on the road...
Forum: Compaq Computers August 8th 07, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 8
Posted By Jez T
OT Interesting Note

"Kevin Childers" wrote in message
Spoke to one of HPs Road Warriors today. Helped him get set-up for some
sales event on the road...
Forum: Acer Computers August 8th 07, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 8
Posted By Jez T
OT Interesting Note

"Kevin Childers" wrote in message
Spoke to one of HPs Road Warriors today. Helped him get set-up for some
sales event on the road...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 24th 07, 12:50 AM Posted to comp.sys.hp.hardware,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 1
Posted By Jez T
SATA Controller to Backplane

"Nigel" wrote
Thanks for the reply. You can probably tell by now I have not had much
involvement in 'proper' server choices before, and my frustration is
showing.

You have to start...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 4th 07, 09:40 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 2
Posted By Jez T
HP 349239-B21 250GB Hotswap SATA

"Will" wrote
The HP option number 349239-B21 is the hotswap 250GB SATA drive. If you
order using that number you can end up with Maxtor or Western Digital,
Forum: Compaq Servers July 4th 07, 12:18 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Jez T
Rack Rail for MSA50

"Will" wrote in message
I'm aware of the standard format of Option and Spare numbers. The
3R-A5281-AA number...
Forum: Compaq Servers June 30th 07, 10:47 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Jez T
Rack Rail for MSA50

"NuT CrAcKeR" wrote in message
"Will" wrote in message
Forum: Compaq Servers April 23rd 07, 11:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 9
Posted By Jez T
Question about redundant power supplies

"Rick F." wrote
Hi all.. Seems busy in here lately.. Anyway, just a quick question about
redundant power supplies on any Proliants (since I suspect they'll all
pretty much act...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 98