Showing results 1 to 25 of 172
Search took 0.77 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael W. Ryder
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 19th 09, 07:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
P5Q PRO TURBO hangs up on first window when booting or rebooting

Albert wrote:
On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 23:03:46 -0600, Albert
wrote:

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 18:07:50 -0600, "peter" wrote:

You listed everything but...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 18th 09, 10:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
P5Q PRO TURBO hangs up on first window when booting or rebooting

Albert wrote:
Hi all,

Sometimes when I turn my P5Q PRO TURBO on or reboot it will hang up in
the first window and the only way I can get it to continue booting up
is to press the reset...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 14th 09, 08:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
Best Value Motherboard for E6600

Phat_Jethro aka Jethro[AGHL] wrote:
I have been upgrading my PC and collecting parts to build a better
system for my son.
So far I got my older E6600 and will get some 2 x 1Gb DDR2 PC2-6400...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 10th 09, 12:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
mixed size DIMMs on P5P800 problems

Jeff Haferman wrote:
Hi -
I have an asus P5P800, it has 4 DIMM sockets...

The blue sockets (A1, B1) had 512MB PC3200 CL3 non-ECC,
and the black sockets (A2,B2) were empty.
(brand =...
Forum: Ati Videocards September 30th 09, 11:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
HD5870X2 and 5850X2 Photos

William wrote:
"First of One" wrote in message
Looks like the added heat from the second GPU required a full-sized vent...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 15th 09, 04:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
Warranty question for (Asus) motherboards sold in The Netherlands...

Paul wrote:
Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

I bought an Asus motherboard and it became defect within two years.

Asus states on it's website that it offers 3 years of warranty.

It...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 17th 09, 12:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 12
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
AMD "Evergreen" DX11 Card Backplate Photo

First of One wrote:
http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/1040/directx11_videocard.jpg

2x DVI
1x HDMI
1x Displayport

Given the rarity of CRT monitors nowadays, this configuration...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 1st 09, 10:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 24
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
No IDE at all showing. (P5Q PRO TUBRO)

Albert wrote:
Hi all,
I am putting together a new rig based on P5Q PRO TUBRO GREEN
motherboard.
I have installed a IDE optical drive. When I boot to the bios and go
into the "Boot" menu...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 1st 09, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 24
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
No IDE at all showing. (P5Q PRO TUBRO)

Bob Knowlden wrote:
At a guess, you may need to install drivers for the JMicron JMB361
controller. It's a third-party controller; the P45 chipset has no
built-in IDE controller.

If the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 19th 09, 01:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
Memory Problem with P5Q Turbo

Paul wrote:
Michael W. Ryder wrote:
After my Gigabyte motherboard died I replaced it with a P5Q Turbo and
everything worked fine. The problem I am fighting is when I try to
replace the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 17th 09, 05:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Paul wrote:
Michael W. Ryder wrote:
After my Gigabyte motherboard died I replaced it with a P5Q Turbo and
everything worked fine. The problem I am fighting is when I try to
replace the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 17th 09, 04:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
Memory Problem with P5Q Turbo

After my Gigabyte motherboard died I replaced it with a P5Q Turbo and
everything worked fine. The problem I am fighting is when I try to
replace the 2 1GB G.Skill memory modules with 2 2 GB memory...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 15th 09, 02:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
Anyone have any idea when Corsair or other vendors will offer4GB DDR3 sticks?

greysky wrote:
"Andrew Hamilton" wrote in message
On Thu, 09 Jul 2009 14:44:14 -0400, Barry Watzman
Forum: Ati Videocards June 12th 09, 03:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
Changing Cards With Same Drivers

JB wrote:
I now have installed ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP, but want to replace it with
my HD 3850 AGP. They both have the same Catalyst driver suite for the 2000
series and 3000 series. ...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 8th 09, 08:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 15
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
Water cooling - how many case fans would still be necessary?Tower case recommendations?

Andrew Hamilton wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 00:29:18 -0500, "Ken Maltby"
wrote:

So, can anyone tell me if there are watercooling systems
with _ quiet _ radiator...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 6th 09, 01:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 15
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
Water cooling - how many case fans would still be necessary?Tower case recommendations?

Andrew Hamilton wrote:
On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 18:56:07 GMT, "Michael W. Ryder"
wrote:

Andrew Hamilton wrote:

Any suggestions for full-tower cases that are...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 5th 09, 07:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 15
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
Water cooling - how many case fans would still be necessary?Tower case recommendations?

Andrew Hamilton wrote:
I typically build full-tower systems but I'm tired of the fan noise.

For my next build, I'm probably going to do an Intel i7 920 and one of
the ASUS P6T models. ...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 31st 09, 07:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
HD4870X2 woes

Carl wrote:
Hello,

recently I have been getting lots of BSOD in Vista 64. When I reboot, I
have graphic corruption on the BIOS boot screen, and two thick vertical
bands running down the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 23rd 09, 12:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
Has anyone installed IE8?

wrote:
Just wondering if any positive or negative reactions, and do I need to
uninstall IE7 before installing 8? Thanks

I installed it Friday and had to install an Active X...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 5th 09, 08:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
computer freezes up

John Johnson wrote:
I have a 2.8gh chip on a ASUS MB, with 4 g of Ram running XP Pro with
a AIW ATI card.

In the last few days my computer will just freeze up, sometimes
accuring on a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 23rd 08, 11:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
OT? Dongle Preservation

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Just got an MS "Arc Mouse" for my Asus 901.

Pretty slick: folds to a small size for storage, unfolds for
comfort.

But it comes with the world's smallest dongle. ...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 21st 08, 12:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
Motherboard lettering?

its_timay wrote:
Generally, P# refers to the Intel CPU (P4=Pentium 4, P5=Core2Duo,
P6=Core i7). They have an A# series for the various AMD CPU's.

The P5 series started with the socket 775,...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 19th 08, 09:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
4870 compat for Striker Ex.

Dumbo wrote:
I tried installing the card again and watched the display. The PSU is
only good for 20A, is this enough?

That seems low, especially for a 850W power supply. My 450W Seasonic...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 5th 08, 09:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
1 TB Hard Drive recognized?

Karsten Heddenhausen wrote:
Michael W. Ryder wrote:

I had a similar problem with a Seagate 750GB Free Agent Drive on an
ASUS P5P800 motherboard. I contacted Seagate and they sent me a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 5th 08, 08:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Michael W. Ryder
1 TB Hard Drive recognized?

Karsten Heddenhausen wrote:
Rob wrote:

Yes. Where the difficulty may come is if you try to swap a 500GB
drive with a 1TB drive in an external USB2 enclosure, as whether it
will work is...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 172