Showing results 1 to 25 of 177
Search took 5.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: GMAN[_14_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 13th 13, 06:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.computer.workshop
Replies: 6
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
Data and formatting disappeared from 1 TB WD drive

In article , Doc wrote:
Have a 1 TB WD SATA drive that I use as an archive drive. After firing
it up today...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 13, 11:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
OT gymnastics, the wheel

In article , johns wrote:
On Jan 4, 3:17=A0pm, John Doe wrote:
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 30th 12, 05:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
Capacitors repair on an LCD monitor are these Caps good ones?

In article , wrote:
On Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:09:38 AM UTC-7, Gabriel Knight wrote:

I will aslo buy a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 28th 12, 09:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 31
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
Motherboard, CPU, and Memory Timing Compatibility Match

In article , Damaeus wrote:
In news:alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt, Yousuf Khan
posted...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 28th 12, 09:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 31
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
Motherboard, CPU, and Memory Timing Compatibility Match

In article , Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 27/12/2012 8:45 PM, Damaeus wrote:
I'm going to get an Asus Crosshair V Formula Z motherboard, and...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 27th 12, 08:28 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 16
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
always hide your backups!

On 2012-12-27, Arno wrote:
The only credibly...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 26th 12, 06:08 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 16
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
always hide your backups!

In article , BW wrote:
Some villains broke in through laundry window. House behind has been
vacant for 2...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 21st 12, 07:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
Can I put a hard drive on a secondary IDE ATA buse?

In article , Flasherly wrote:
On Dec 20, 4:03 pm, (GMAN) wrote:

Has...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 20th 12, 09:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
Can I put a hard drive on a secondary IDE ATA buse?

In article , Flasherly wrote:
On Dec 20, 12:38 pm, DJW wrote:

What is the difference...
Forum: General December 19th 12, 06:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
Screw Mico$loth

In article , wrote:
Many years ago I had some [can't remember what] Toshiba device, that I was
pleased with, so I now decided by buy the 'Toshiba...
Forum: General December 19th 12, 06:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
Is This Some Sort Of Memory Card?

In article , terryc wrote:
On 19/12/12 16:52, tb wrote:
This might not be the correct newsgroup for my question. If so, please
Forum: General December 17th 12, 06:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 18
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
20-pin PSU to 24-pin MoBo disaster?

In article , wrote:
In article , Paul wrote:

There is a good chance something bad would happen,...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 17th 12, 06:23 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
Another fake external drive

In article , (Mike S.) wrote:

In article ,
Franc Zabkar wrote:
Fake...
Forum: General December 17th 12, 06:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 18
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
20-pin PSU to 24-pin MoBo disaster?

In article , wrote:
They make 20 pin to 24 pin adapters if you are really worried about
this. However, I've put a 20 pin in a 24 pin socket without a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 13th 12, 10:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
Mincing Micies over The Boardwalk of F of Q

In article , RayLopez99 wrote:
On Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:41:42 PM UTC+2, Flasherly wrote:
Wacko Logitech...
Forum: General December 8th 12, 01:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
IDE HDD into SATA Motherboard

In article , VanguardLH wrote:
" wrote:

I have a DELL Optiplex that is strictly SATA. I have a nice IDE hard
drive that I want...
Forum: General December 8th 12, 01:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
IDE HDD into SATA Motherboard

In article , "Chris S." wrote:

wrote in message
I have a DELL...
Forum: General December 4th 12, 07:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
eSATA box for a SSD drive

In article , Davide Davini wrote:
I don't wanna spend a load of money but I don't wanna something crappy
either.

How about this...
Forum: Printers December 2nd 12, 07:15 PM Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Replies: 75
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
What color laser printer is easily & cheaply refilled at homefrom non OEM toner?

In article , wrote:
On 8/20/2012 3:25 PM, J.G. wrote:
On Mon, 20 Aug 2012 15:11:47 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

Another thing to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 2nd 12, 04:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 67
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
PC only boots after on/off/on cycle ?

In article , "Chris S." wrote:

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 1st 12, 08:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 67
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
PC only boots after on/off/on cycle ?

In article , JW wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:10:58 GMT (GMAN)
wrote in Message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 30th 12, 04:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 67
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
PC only boots after on/off/on cycle ?

In article , "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Ha-ha.

The stupid thing is... I had dead motherboards with exactly these...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 30th 12, 04:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 67
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
PC only boots after on/off/on cycle ?

In article , JW wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:54:25 -0800 (PST) Flasherly
wrote in Message...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors November 29th 12, 04:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 27
Posted By GMAN[_14_]
The end of the road for the DIY PC?

In article , VanguardLH wrote:
"GMAN" wrote:

If you knew how to solder, you would know a solder wick is used to desolder

You don't know that you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 29th 12, 04:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 38