Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ant[_2_]
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 24th 11, 07:57 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 28
Posted By Ant[_2_]
DiskWarrior and other good disk utilities under Mac OS X 10.5.8?

Thank you for reviewing. What's power off retract?

The heads are retracted before the drive stops spinning. Normal to do
that with a laptop running on batterys to maximise the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 24th 11, 07:57 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 28
Posted By Ant[_2_]
DiskWarrior and other good disk utilities under Mac OS X 10.5.8?

On Oct 24, 1:32*am, "Rod Speed" wrote:

or used it in an express elevator, or on a rollercoaster, or ... *;-)

Ant is a cripple. Dont expect it has too much to do...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 18th 11, 02:37 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 28
Posted By Ant[_2_]
DiskWarrior and other good disk utilities under Mac OS X 10.5.8?

On Oct 17, 5:17*pm, (Your Name) wrote:

Whatever you use, you need to make sure you have the version designed for
the version of Mac OS X you're using. Trying to recover...
Forum: Dell Computers June 25th 11, 10:44 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 25
Posted By Ant[_2_]
Upgrading Dell Studio XPS 8000 Desktops' 3 GB to more with onlyone free memory slot #4.

On Jun 17, 12:06*pm, Ant wrote:
On Jun 16, 8:42*am, BillW50 wrote:

So I got this one -- "8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 PC3-10600 ??? CL=9 ??? Unbuffered
Forum: Dell Computers June 17th 11, 08:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 25
Posted By Ant[_2_]
Upgrading Dell Studio XPS 8000 Desktops' 3 GB to more with onlyone free memory slot #4.

I am! ;-) And yes a troubled UPS could cause computer problems. Do you
few comfortable without it for awhile to see if the problem goes away?
Most of the time those UPS only need a new...
Forum: Dell Computers June 17th 11, 08:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 25
Posted By Ant[_2_]
Upgrading Dell Studio XPS 8000 Desktops' 3 GB to more with onlyone free memory slot #4.

On Jun 16, 8:42*am, BillW50 wrote:
So I got this one -- "8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR3 PC3-10600 ??? CL=9 ??? Unbuffered
??? NON-ECC ??? DDR3-1333 ??? 1.5V ??? 512Meg x 64 Part...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 24th 10, 06:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Ant[_2_]
Refresh rate through VGA switch box

On Nov 14, 2:07*pm, yaugin wrote:

Are there any switches that have these already? I am not a handy man
since I have disabilities (can't even use a screwdriver or open...
Forum: General June 27th 10, 01:45 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.os.linux.hardware
Replies: 95
Posted By Ant[_2_]
"TLB parity error in virtual array; TLB error 'instruction"?

I found a way to get more chances of kernel panics now. If I run
VirtualBox with Windows XP Pro. SP3 (IE6) virtual machine that uses
256 MB of RAM, I have better chances of getting kernel panics. I...
Forum: General April 30th 10, 10:39 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.os.linux.hardware
Replies: 95
Posted By Ant[_2_]
"TLB parity error in virtual array; TLB error 'instruction"?

On Mar 16, 1:02*pm, wrote:
Having a better look through your logs, I see this addr is
very common (almost all errs are at this addr). *Aren't
you curious about the...
Forum: General April 25th 10, 07:11 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 95
Posted By Ant[_2_]
"TLB parity error in virtual array; TLB error 'instruction"?

The crashes seem to happen during idled time. I do
not use AMD's Cool'n' Quiet and PowerNow-K8.

FYI. For the first time, I got a kernel panic when I was my computer.
Mostly, surfing the Web in...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 12th 09, 09:39 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 37
Posted By Ant[_2_]
Unable to read my burned CDs and DVDs in various DVD-ROMdrives...

I recalled doing firmware upgrades to remove region blockings on these
old DVD-ROM drives. Can this affect its reading of burned discs?

On Sep 13, 1:49 am, Ant wrote:
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 29th 09, 07:10 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.cd-rom,alt.comp.periphs.cdr,alt.cd-rom
Replies: 25
Posted By Ant[_2_]
What's the best external USB disc reader and writer to get?

My client would like to know what's the best portable external USB
disc (both CD and DVD) reader and writer/burner for PCs (mainly
netbooks) fromhttp://cdw.com/.

I prefer LG...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 26th 09, 10:48 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By Ant[_2_]
Unable to recover huge files?

On Jul 26, 4:30 am, " wrote...

Weird that your last newsgroup reply/post did not show up in
news.giganews.com, but did in Google Groups!
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 26th 09, 10:47 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By Ant[_2_]
Unable to recover huge files?

FAT32 does not support files greater than 4GB

Oh, then maybe NTFS ones then only from past experiences.

The MFT records do not show a type 0x80 (128) record which stores the
file dataruns. ...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 20th 09, 03:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By Ant[_2_]
Corrupted vertical mouse cursors once in a while...

OK, it seems to only happen if I have dual clone mode going (19" LCD
monitor + 13 years old 20" CRT TV). If I have corruptions and go back
to single mode, then the corruption stays. I have to get rid...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 7th 08, 08:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Ant[_2_]
Is there a way to have 640x480 resolution on my old CRT TV?

I forgot to mention that this is for clone setup. I can get 640x480 if
I use dualview.

On Sep 26, 7:44 am, Ant wrote:
Hi!

NVIDIA driver only gives 800x600 resolution as...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16