Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Darren
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 27th 06, 09:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Darren
Asus A8V-VM mainboard

Hi Venom

AMD 3500+ can only be an Athlon 64, my original message was based on a
system I was upgrading [socket 7] to the Asus using the processor I taken
from an old systems of mine . Never said...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 27th 06, 09:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Darren
Asus A8V-VM mainboard

have tried all, so gave in today and brought a Winfast board from the local
dealer just to try another board in the system. The system boots with the
new motherboard but shuts down after 1-2 mins,...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 27th 06, 05:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Darren
Asus A8V-VM mainboard

Have tried all that and even if the ram is removed removed system does not
boot or beep.

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Darren wrote:
A8V-VM...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 27th 06, 11:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Darren
Asus A8V-VM mainboard

A8V-VM mainboard
AMD 3500+ [not Venice core]
512MB PC3200
400W ATX V2.0 PSU
Quantum Fireball ATA-133 Hard drive

This is the basic currently trying to get to work.

I'm just hoping someone may be...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 27th 06, 10:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Darren
Asus A8V-VM mainboard

PSU is Jeantech 400W ATX JNP-400P which I have also substituted with an
alternative and have the same issue.

"Geoff" wrote in message...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 27th 06, 03:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Darren
Asus A8V-VM mainboard

Hum... maybe you should read it again!

1. Updating an older socket 7 system with A8V-VM
2. CPU is from my old system

I don't recall saying they were the same system, nor would it make...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 27th 06, 02:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Darren
Asus A8V-VM mainboard

both power cables have been fitted, bios has been cleared/reset, links
checked for correct default positions.

I am disappointed there is no self-diagnostics on Asus boards to give you
some sort of...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 27th 06, 01:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Darren
Asus A8V-VM mainboard

CPU Fan was plugged in.

"RonK" wrote in message
Make sure you have a 3 wire cpu fan plugged into the cpu fan header on the
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 27th 06, 12:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 18
Posted By Darren
Asus A8V-VM mainboard

Can anyone give any info on this, ASUS boards are new to me and no error
codes, etc... as with other manufactures' are evident;

A8V-VM mainboard
AMD 3500+
512MB PC3200
400W ATX V2.0 PSU

I'm just...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 5th 06, 11:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Darren
Nvidia 7950GX2 Cards

Thks guys will do

Dazzer
"Robert Hancock" wrote in message
Darren wrote:
Guys

Can these cards work on a non-SLi board?...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 29th 06, 11:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Darren
Nvidia 7950GX2 Cards

Guys

Can these cards work on a non-SLi board? with no performance hit?

Dazzer
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11