Showing results 1 to 25 of 86
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Olcott
Forum: General January 25th 10, 04:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter Olcott
Welcome screen now take a minute to process

"Peter Olcott" wrote in message

"peter" wrote in message
Forum: General January 25th 10, 04:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter Olcott
Welcome screen now take a minute to process

"peter" wrote in message
What is it loading when your starting??
Start/Run...type in msconfig
go to the startup tab and see what can...
Forum: General January 24th 10, 06:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter Olcott
Welcome screen now take a minute to process

My total reboot time on Windows XP 32 took one minute, now
the welcome screen takes that long by itself. How can I fix
this?
Forum: General January 21st 10, 02:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter Olcott
Only 3.24 GB of my 4.0 GB show up on Control Panel/System ???

"philo" wrote in message
Peter Olcott wrote:
Why would less than the full 4.0 GB show up on the
control panel-System...
Forum: General January 21st 10, 01:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter Olcott
Only 3.24 GB of my 4.0 GB show up on Control Panel/System ???

Why would less than the full 4.0 GB show up on the control
panel-System dialogbox?
Forum: General January 19th 10, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter Olcott
Video Card Performance Characteristics Effecting Text Glyph Rendering?

"kony" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 07:09:52 -0600, "Peter Olcott"
wrote:

I want to...
Forum: General January 18th 10, 01:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Peter Olcott
Video Card Performance Characteristics Effecting Text Glyph Rendering?

I want to understand the specification details of video
cards so that I can choose one that provides the fastest
glyph rendering.
My current guess is that memory throughput (bandwidth) is
one of...
Forum: General September 4th 09, 03:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter Olcott
Connecting one keyboard and mouse to two computers

At work we need to be able to connect one USB keyboard and
one USB mouse to two computers. I am guessing that a
hardware switch with two in-ports and four out-ports would
work. Does anyone know...
Forum: General May 15th 09, 05:07 PM Posted to microsoft.public.vc.mfc,comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.vxd,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter Olcott
Writing to a USB port to simulate a USB keystroke?

Is this possible? If it is possible is it also possible to
simulate mouse actions this same way? I am looking for a
solution that will always work in any Intel based platform
regardless of the...
Forum: General Hardware May 15th 09, 05:15 AM Posted to comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter Olcott
Writing to a USB port to simulate a USB keystroke?

Is this possible? If it is possible is it also possible to
simulate mouse actions this same way?
Forum: General March 5th 09, 12:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Olcott
Quad Quad Core Motherboard?

I am guessing that this does not currently exist for the
Intel (or compatible) architecture. I already know about
dual quad core motherboards.
Forum: General March 5th 09, 12:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Peter Olcott
Can Sata and IDE drive co-exist?

I installed a new sata drive yesterday, and my IDE drive has
quit working. I am guessing that this is probably a BIOS
setting.
Forum: General February 17th 09, 10:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter Olcott
ClearType font smoothing is not working correctly

I don't think that this is the issue, at least the symptoms
are not consistent with this being the issue. On some things
ClearType font smoothing is working perfectly, on other
things black text...
Forum: General Hardware February 17th 09, 10:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Peter Olcott
ClearType font smoothing is not working correctly

I don't think that this is the issue, at least the symptoms
are not consistent with this being the issue. On some things
ClearType font smoothing is working perfectly, on other
things black text...
Forum: General February 15th 09, 02:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter Olcott
ClearType font smoothing is not working correctly

I bought a new ViewSonic VA2226w monitor and text on the
screen appears more blurry than on my conventional aspect
ratio ViewSonic monitor. Is this because the 1680 x 1050
widescreen aspect ratio?
Forum: General Hardware February 15th 09, 02:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Peter Olcott
ClearType font smoothing is not working correctly

I bought a new ViewSonic VA2226w monitor and text on the
screen appears more blurry than on my conventional aspect
ratio ViewSonic monitor. Is this because the 1680 x 1050
widescreen aspect ratio?
Forum: General February 7th 09, 03:40 PM Posted to comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter Olcott
Can a laser printer cartridge with an expired datecode be safely used?

I bought a laser printer cartridge from the web the other
day, and found out that it had a date of manufacture of four
years ago. Can this cartridge damage my printer?
Forum: General Hardware January 27th 09, 01:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Olcott
Color laser printer prints colors much darker than screen colors

"kony" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:44:14 -0600, "Peter Olcott"
wrote:

I want to be able...
Forum: General January 27th 09, 01:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.hardware

"kony" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:44:14 -0600, "Peter Olcott"
wrote:

I want to be able...
Forum: General January 24th 09, 04:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Olcott
Color laser printer prints colors much darker than screen colors

I want to be able to print the standard basic colors**
exactly the same way that they appear on the screen. A
specific instance of this is that cyan*** is printed as a
much darker shade of blue...
Forum: General Hardware January 24th 09, 04:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Olcott
Color laser printer prints colors much darker than screen colors

I want to be able to print the standard basic colors**
exactly the same way that they appear on the screen. A
specific instance of this is that cyan*** is printed as a
much darker shade of blue...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 28th 08, 03:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Peter Olcott
Can RAID Controllers act as non RAID controllers?

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Somewhere on teh intarwebs "kony" typed:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 06:29:18 -0500, "Peter Olcott"
Forum: General September 28th 08, 03:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Somewhere on teh intarwebs "kony" typed:
On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 06:29:18 -0500, "Peter Olcott"
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 19th 08, 12:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Peter Olcott
Can RAID Controllers act as non RAID controllers?

"Paul" wrote in message
Peter Olcott wrote:
I want to build a software based RAID system, and need to
have simultaneous access to 24...
Forum: General September 19th 08, 12:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt