Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: M Bourgon
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 14th 09, 09:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By M Bourgon
Hardware problem - RAM or MOBO?

What's odd is that I opened a trouble ticket with Foxconn, and from
what I can tell the board supports 800mhz RAM, but 1066 if
overclocked.

"The motherboard chipset spec does support 800mhz...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 14th 09, 09:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By M Bourgon
Hardware problem - RAM or MOBO?

On Dec 2, 7:56*am, "Fishface" wrote:
M Bourgon wrote:
So I need to (or should) stay at this current speed of 1:2? *Sorry,
not sure

Well, is it stable? *Does...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 2nd 09, 06:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By M Bourgon
Hardware problem - RAM or MOBO?

On Dec 1, 1:23*am, "Fishface" wrote:
M Bourgon wrote:
They're specified to require 2.0 to 2.1 volts at rated speed. *All the
motherboard BIOS configuration...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 1st 09, 04:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By M Bourgon
Hardware problem - RAM or MOBO?

They're specified to require 2.0 to 2.1 volts at rated speed. *All the
motherboard BIOS configuration settings seem to vary, but it's
generally very easy to set the memory multiplier wrong and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 30th 09, 10:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By M Bourgon
Hardware problem - RAM or MOBO?

For dual channel operation and maximum performance, you want
*to have the two sticks in like-colored slots, usually 1+3 or 2+4. *As
*I recall, you purchased DDR2 1066 memory. *Maybe...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 09, 07:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By M Bourgon
Hardware problem - RAM or MOBO?

On Nov 21, 3:33*pm, "Kent_Diego" wrote:
It could be RAM, motherboard or power supply. Sometimes the power supply
connector does not make good contact and gets better if moved. Do...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 09, 04:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By M Bourgon
Hardware problem - RAM or MOBO?

I just built a new machine and have been plagued with crashes. When I
first ran MEMTEST on it, everything came out okay. Both sticks in
bank 1 & 2 work fine (except for one set of errors when...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 16th 09, 09:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By M Bourgon
Want new ($400) desktop. I have a Foxconn MARS: better to buildw/that or buy a Shuttle?

In case you're interested, Fry's does have the TruePower 550 on sale for $70,
which is rated for 45 amps (540 watts) worth of 12 volt power. *It is a newer
design, and modular (which some...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 16th 09, 09:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By M Bourgon
Want new ($400) desktop. I have a Foxconn MARS: better to buildw/that or buy a Shuttle?

On Nov 14, 9:03*am, "peter" wrote:
Marketing jargon

Oh, I don't doubt it, but it does appear that they are indeed split.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 14th 09, 06:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By M Bourgon
Want new ($400) desktop. I have a Foxconn MARS: better to buildw/that or buy a Shuttle?

"Dual +12V rails, over-volt, over-current and short circuit protection
provide rock solid reliability and safety"http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgr550wgspsu.aspx

More specifically:
"By splitting the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 14th 09, 05:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By M Bourgon
Want new ($400) desktop. I have a Foxconn MARS: better to buildw/that or buy a Shuttle?

It's the AMP that count on the 12v line. So on that score you need to
check the power on the 12v line and see if each 6 pin connector is actually
on a different line. I remember a few years...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 11th 09, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By M Bourgon
Want new ($400) desktop. I have a Foxconn MARS: better to buildw/that or buy a Shuttle?

One last followup - so I slightly changed things out, here's what I
got:
e7500 (yes, a little slower)
GTS260 (came bundled with a game I was going to buy anyhow, so I wound
up saving...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 16th 09, 05:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By M Bourgon
Want new ($400) desktop. I have a Foxconn MARS: better to buildw/that or buy a Shuttle?

On Oct 14, 6:59*pm, "Fishface" wrote:
M Bourgon wrote:
Finally, not terribly interested in overclocking. *I've done
it in the past, but right now I want a stable,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 13th 09, 10:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By M Bourgon
Want new ($400) desktop. I have a Foxconn MARS: better to buildw/that or buy a Shuttle?

Well obviously I think that would be a good idea. *(!) *But here is why I think it's a good idea... it is going to be tough to find a good quality power supply somewhere else for less money...or...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 13th 09, 04:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By M Bourgon
Want new ($400) desktop. I have a Foxconn MARS: better to buildw/that or buy a Shuttle?

On Oct 12, 6:38 pm, "Fishface" wrote:
Dave C. wrote:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130339

I think that's a 65nm card judging by the 675...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 12th 09, 08:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By M Bourgon
Want new ($400) desktop. I have a Foxconn MARS: better to buildw/that or buy a Shuttle?

On Oct 11, 5:25*am, "Dave C." wrote:
There ya go. *HD 4770 is said to outperform more expensive cards on some games, and use less power, so it's the obvious choice for a budget...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 11th 09, 05:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By M Bourgon
Want new ($400) desktop. I have a Foxconn MARS: better to buildw/that or buy a Shuttle?

I'm trying to build a new box, and I have a 400$ budget. I currently
have a SATA hard drive, a SATA DVD-RW drive, and a Windows OS. I also
happen to have a new-in-box Foxconn Mars mobo.

I'm trying...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17