Showing results 1 to 25 of 95
Search took 0.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ShutEye
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 3rd 08, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 20
Posted By ShutEye
Skybuck's Dream PC, Third Build, 100% done, or is it ? ;) (More Pictures ! ;))

The components will just have to survive it...

I am not gonna wear gloves or do anything special, except touch the
warming/heating grid of the appertment to get rid of some electrons ;)

Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 3rd 08, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 14
Posted By ShutEye
Skybuck's Dream PC, Third Build, 100% done, or is it ? ;) (More Pictures ! ;))

The components will just have to survive it...

I am not gonna wear gloves or do anything special, except touch the
warming/heating grid of the appertment to get rid of some electrons ;)

Forum: Asus Motherboards August 3rd 08, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 19
Posted By ShutEye
Skybuck's Dream PC, Third Build, 100% done, or is it ? ;) (More Pictures ! ;))

The components will just have to survive it...

I am not gonna wear gloves or do anything special, except touch the
warming/heating grid of the appertment to get rid of some electrons ;)

Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 3rd 08, 08:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 33
Posted By ShutEye
Skybuck's Dream PC, Third Build, Done 99.9% ;) (Pictures!)

http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/DreamPCThirdBuild/DSCN1136.JPG
Which way would you assume that the PS supply fan is going to rotate?

PS supply fan? Power supply fan?
There's no...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 3rd 08, 08:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 25
Posted By ShutEye
Skybuck's Dream PC, Third Build, Done 99.9% ;) (Pictures!)

http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/DreamPCThirdBuild/DSCN1136.JPG
Which way would you assume that the PS supply fan is going to rotate?

PS supply fan? Power supply fan?
There's no...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 3rd 08, 08:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 28
Posted By ShutEye
Skybuck's Dream PC, Third Build, Done 99.9% ;) (Pictures!)

http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/DreamPCThirdBuild/DSCN1136.JPG
Which way would you assume that the PS supply fan is going to rotate?

PS supply fan? Power supply fan?
There's no...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 3rd 08, 08:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 25
Posted By ShutEye
Skybuck's Dream PC, Third Build, Done 99.9% ;) (Pictures!)

Look at the photograph:
http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/DreamPCThirdBuild/DSCN1136.JPG
Which way would you assume that the PS supply fan is going to rotate?

PS supply fan? Power supply...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 3rd 08, 08:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 28
Posted By ShutEye
Skybuck's Dream PC, Third Build, Done 99.9% ;) (Pictures!)

Look at the photograph:
http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/DreamPCThirdBuild/DSCN1136.JPG
Which way would you assume that the PS supply fan is going to rotate?

PS supply fan? Power supply...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 3rd 08, 08:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 33
Posted By ShutEye
Skybuck's Dream PC, Third Build, Done 99.9% ;) (Pictures!)

Look at the photograph:
http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/DreamPCThirdBuild/DSCN1136.JPG
Which way would you assume that the PS supply fan is going to rotate?

PS supply fan? Power supply...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 9th 08, 04:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 25
Posted By ShutEye
Should I KEEP my video card?

A modern quad core system's motherboard will NOT use an AGP socket such as
your video card requires, but rather will use a PCI-E socket video card.

Though quad core motherboards with an AGP...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 3rd 07, 10:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By ShutEye
Artifact issues with agp 6800GT

I've looked at various sites and understand others have issues with
artifacts. As yet i have not found a permenant solution?

Any ideas before i consider changing the card?

If underclocking...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 1st 07, 03:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By ShutEye
PCIe 2.0 backwards compatibility

Yeah! Another happy asrock costumer!
People tend to knock this MB just based on it's price.
But you really CAN get rock-solid performance for low cash :)
And for those that doesn't know...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 1st 07, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By ShutEye
PCIe 2.0 backwards compatibility

It was the best choice for me, only had the cash for a C2D and MB.
GREAT speed upgrade for almost no money.
Next on the list is a new MB and GFX when I can afford it - 2GB PC5400
has...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 30th 07, 05:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By ShutEye
PCIe 2.0 backwards compatibility

Can't get everything for 50euro I guess.

Nor the 8800GTS 640M or G92 8800GTS based, at least based on that list
which is slightly stale.

I'm not going to knock that board, you do...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 30th 07, 04:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By ShutEye
PCIe 2.0 backwards compatibility

It really IS a good board for the money.
Paid only 50 euro for it and it's rock solid :)

Provided you don't want to put certain GeForce 8's in the slots provided,
from what I'm...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 30th 07, 08:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By ShutEye
PCIe 2.0 backwards compatibility

cut the old chestnut 'does an AGPx8 card work in an AGPx4 slot. Perhaps.
For such an unusual board (AGP, PCI-E, DDR or DDR2, 2xIDE connectors plus
2xSATA2, Core 2 Duo support, slightly quirky...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 29th 07, 08:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By ShutEye
PCIe 2.0 backwards compatibility

Are PCI-E 2.0 cards (e.g. 8800 GT) backward compatible with PCI-E 1.0
slots?
yes.

Hmm. My MB (asrock brand) has a pci-e gfx card port, but can only support
up to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 29th 07, 06:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By ShutEye
PCIe 2.0 backwards compatibility

Are PCI-E 2.0 cards (e.g. 8800 GT) backward compatible with PCI-E 1.0
slots?

yes.

Hmm. My MB (asrock brand) has a pci-e gfx card port, but can only support up
to GF8800gts.
Later cards...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 26th 07, 10:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By ShutEye
Widescreen gamer looking for gaming resolution tips: how do I make things smaller?

As fast as a CRT (a 2ms VX922 is identical to my Philips 109S4).

True. This doesn't make it better though.

It might be technically true but it's misleading. You're not comparing
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 25th 07, 06:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By ShutEye
Widescreen gamer looking for gaming resolution tips: how do I make things smaller?

LOL!
But they're still better than CRT?

Yup, I think so.

None of us have the exact same eyesight. I like sharp images with deep
colors, two things that quality LCD's are very good at...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 25th 07, 06:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By ShutEye
Widescreen gamer looking for gaming resolution tips: how do I make things smaller?

"They may not produce 100% blacks
or hit all the colors in the scale but ..."

LOL!
But they're still better than CRT?

More vibrant colors.

?
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 24th 07, 10:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By ShutEye
Widescreen gamer looking for gaming resolution tips: how do I make things smaller?

24" Widescreen CRT, infinitely better than any flat panel for gaming.

Oh my god, please... LCD's have come so far over the last several
years. If we were talking about early 2000/2001/2002...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 7th 07, 05:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By ShutEye
nforce RAID problem

But when I reset them as a raid pair, windows computer management does not
see them. Rescanning does nothing. The drivers still install, but don't
work properly, giving a ! indicator in...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 7th 07, 04:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By ShutEye
nforce RAID problem

win 2000

Well try it anyway :)
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 7th 07, 03:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By ShutEye
nforce RAID problem

I could not find a newgroup for this, maybe someone can give a hint?

My problem is, I have installed a pair of SATA drives to make a RAID set,
and the RAID untility says it is a healthy...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 95