Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nospam
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 2nd 08, 12:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By nospam
Help me fix a system that I can't afford to replace right now

"nospam" wrote in message ...
Check for any updates from AMD, Via (if using a Via chipset), and
especially Adaptec.

And Logitech.
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 2nd 08, 12:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By nospam
Help me fix a system that I can't afford to replace right now

"Andrew Hamilton" wrote in message ...
I was all set to replace this system is a quad-CPU system with 8 GB
running Vista...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 28th 08, 06:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 13
Posted By nospam
No more fullscreen video mirror controls in NVIDIA drivers 178.

"Ant" wrote in message ...
On 9/27/2008 12:35 AM PT, Skipai Otter typed:

I saw "Removed Full-screen video mirror...
Forum: Ati Videocards September 24th 08, 07:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 10
Posted By nospam
Hardcore gamers - Radeon HD 3850 AGP 512 MO GDDR3 - great power for old computers

"First of One" wrote in message ...
7800GT? You mean the Gainward 7800GS+ (which wasn't distributed in North
America)? I don't...
Forum: Ati Videocards September 20th 08, 09:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By nospam
Comcast Dropping Usenet

http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/

I guess to make bandwidth available for their crappy digital phone
service.

It's Comcastic!
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 20th 08, 09:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By nospam
Comcast Dropping Usenet

http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/

I guess to make bandwidth available for their crappy digital phone
service.

It's Comcastic!
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 20th 08, 09:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By nospam
Comcast's AUP policy/FYI

"2CA001" wrote in message ...
nospam wrote:
They're also dropping Usenet as of 9/25/08 (existing customers will
be...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 20th 08, 07:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By nospam
Comcast's AUP policy/FYI

They're also dropping Usenet as of 9/25/08 (existing customers will
be able to access newsgroups until 10/25/08).

"BigJim" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 17th 08, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By nospam
WinXP and drive letter assignments

"Andy" wrote in message ...
On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:03:20 -0700, "nospam" wrote:

"nospam" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 16th 08, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By nospam
Can I turn on PC without pressing the big case button?

wrote in message ...
On Sep 15, 10:48 pm, "\(!\)" wrote:
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 16th 08, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By nospam
WinXP and drive letter assignments

"John Doe" wrote in message ...
"nospam" wrote:

So my plan is to Ghost drive C: to G: as a backup, then...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 16th 08, 07:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By nospam
WinXP and drive letter assignments

"nospam" wrote in message ...
Hi All, this probably isn't the best group to post this question, but I'm
hoping Paul and other resident...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 16th 08, 06:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By nospam
WinXP and drive letter assignments

Hi All, this probably isn't the best group to post this question, but I'm
hoping Paul and other resident gurus will help me out here.

On one of my desktops I'm currently running Win2K SP4, and I'd...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 16th 08, 04:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By nospam
What is that blue wire from my power supply??

wrote in message ...
I have an Antec True Power TP3-550 power supply and it has a thin blue
wires that...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 16th 08, 04:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By nospam
Is Dell worth considering?

"Peto" wrote in message ...

Can you guys advise me please.

The sort of system I want to get is a desktop PC for...
Forum: General September 16th 08, 04:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By nospam
Is Dell worth considering?

"Peto" wrote in message ...

Can you guys advise me please.

The sort of system I want to get is a desktop PC for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 13th 08, 09:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By nospam
cooling the northbridge?

"james" wrote in message ...
Just put together a Q6600 + ga-ep35-ds3l. The northbridge runs about 60
degree C. The southbridge runs about 40 degreee...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 22nd 08, 03:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.pc.hardware.homebuilt,alt.os.windows-vista
Replies: 5
Posted By nospam
Chkdsk on external HD (w/Vista OS on it) ??

"Orv" pcbidderathotmail.com wrote in message ...
Have a Hitachi 120gb SATA hd with bad sectors and will not boot up (Vista).
The drive does have...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18