Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Smith
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 19th 07, 09:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By John Smith
Motherboard and CPUs Temps Confusing as Reported

Mystery solved:

The bizarre temp readings, (even after blowing air thru the front bays),
were the result of the Asus utility, PC Probe II. After uninstalling PC
Probe II and Everest, and then...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 18th 07, 07:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By John Smith
Motherboard and CPUs Temps Confusing as Reported

System: Asus P5W DH mb - Intel E6600 2 gb ram - Gigabyte 7600 GT fanless
video card, WD 150 gb raptor, Lian Li aluminum case.

I cannot figure out what is up w/my temperature probe. Last week my...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 22nd 07, 06:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By John Smith
eSATA on Asus P5WDH - Vista Compatiblity - Configuation - Speed comparison

From what I can see you need to turn of the JMicron SATA controller and set
it to Basic Mode.

Is there only one type of eSATA cable?

SATAI and SATA II appear to refer to types of SATA drives and...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 22nd 07, 05:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By John Smith
eSATA on Asus P5WDH - Vista Compatiblity - Configuation - Speed comparison

the eSATA port on the back of my P5WDH. I have these ?s:

1. Do you need any special drivers for it?
2. Does it work w/Vista out of the box?
3. I have one internal SATA drive and the ICH7R...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 2nd 07, 05:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By John Smith
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe board - ASUS Probe for Vista

Asus Probe does not install with Windows Vista. Is there a program anyone
could recommend until Asus updates Probe?
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 2nd 07, 05:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By John Smith
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe board - Disabling motherboard options and effect on power output

What does this mean: I assume yhou would use Artic5

"lapping it??" and using a better thermal compound."

"Mitch Crane" -three wrote in message...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 2nd 07, 02:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By John Smith
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe board - CPU Temperature vs. CPU Core Temperature

Are the readings below reasonable/safe.

"Phil" wrote in message
"John Smith" wrote in message
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 1st 07, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By John Smith
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe board - CPU Temperature vs. CPU Core Temperature

My Core duo CPU is reported as having a temp of 23 C w/both cores at 35C.

How to I interpret that. Which figure is more relevant.

BTW - this is done w/out a CPU fan - I am using the new...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 1st 07, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By John Smith
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe board - Disabling motherboard options and effect on power output

Does disabling mb options, ie. Firewire contibute to a cooler running
motherboard?
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 1st 07, 11:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 0
Posted By John Smith
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe board - USB speeds high speed vs. maximum (full) - Difference

Why does the bios support two these options for USB 2.0?

Is there any reason to use anything other than high speed?
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 1st 07, 11:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 0
Posted By John Smith
ASUS P5W DH Deluxe - Sleep Mode No Longer Works

As in every Windows OS I have ever had, the sleep mode stopped working. I
installed the shipping version of Vista Enterprise. Sleep mode worked for a
while and then stopped. My guess is that its...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 1st 07, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By John Smith
Vista and Graphics - Is Matrox really that good for text? - Summary

"Celebrating the "Fuzzy 2D" of yesteryear, I present to
you this 7 year old article describing the cruddy circuitry of certain
GeForce 2-3 and 4 cards."

I am glad my intial post stimulated such a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 1st 07, 10:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By John Smith
Vista and Graphics - Is Matrox really that good for text? - Please enlighten me

I have been using Matrox cards since the early 1990s. My sole reason is
their superlative text quality.

I just built a new PC based on the PCI-e spec running Windows Vista. I have
Vista Enterprise...
Forum: Matrox Videocards January 1st 07, 10:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 2
Posted By John Smith
Fan on P650 PCIe

Did you ever get an answer on the fan?

"AS" wrote in message
For now I am using a P650 and I am very happy with it. Mainly Pgotoshop,
Forum: Matrox Videocards January 1st 07, 10:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox
Replies: 0
Posted By John Smith
Vista and Graphics - Is Matrox really that good for text? - Please enlighten me

I have been using Matrox cards since the early 1990s. My sole reason is
their superlative text quality.

I just built a new PC based on the PCI-e spec running Windows Vista. I have
Vista Enterprise...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 31st 06, 06:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By John Smith
Vista and Graphics - Is Matrox really that good for text? - Answering your comments

1. I have been using a DVI cable from the start.

2. I have been running in native resoution from the start. 1920 X 1200

3. Cleartype has always been a negative for me. It seems to add a bluriness...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 31st 06, 12:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By John Smith
Version 96.85 - Should I update driver

I have a GIGA N 7600GT GV-NX76T256D-RH R

Are drivers card specific or chipset (or whatever 7600GT is) specific.

I am running this driver installed by MS in the Enterprise shipping version
of...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 31st 06, 11:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 23
Posted By John Smith
Vista and Graphics - Is Matrox really that good for text? - Please enlighten me

Dell Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW - 1920 x 1200 - the monitor is listed as
generic PNP in windows since I doubt that Dell has a vista driver.

Running with the Matrox card under XP w/the same monitor had...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18