Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gil
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 20th 07, 05:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Gil
GeForce 6800GA @ 61C , time to worry???

On Oct 17, 10:34 pm, "First of One" wrote:
It could idle at 70C for all I care. The important number is the load
temperature. Run the strip chart in Rivatuner in the background...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 4th 07, 01:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Gil
Upgrade from GeForce FX 5200 to?

Upgrade from Geforce FX5200 to anything. It will be a major
improvement.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 16th 07, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Gil
Video mode 1440x900 on nVidia 6200

Yes. My 6600GT works fine at that res on my 19" widescreen LCD. Pretty
zippy, too!
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 21st 07, 10:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 13
Posted By Gil
Temperature story 6600GT

Actually, I was standing on a carpet with the vacuum, I probably was
lucky that I didn't zap the PC, but I didn't and it works fine. Wanted
to clean the thing out, don't think compressed air would...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 21st 07, 02:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 11
Posted By Gil
Have you tried this ?

With an LCD, no matter what resolution you choose, the display only
shows the native resolution. Even if you select a lower res, the card
will interpolate that to the native display res. Might as...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 21st 07, 02:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 13
Posted By Gil
Temperature story 6600GT

During the 2-1/2 hour racing session temps never went above 61C.
Sucess! The temperature gauge is actually a dust-measuring device.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 20th 07, 10:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 13
Posted By Gil
Temperature story 6600GT

After running 2-3 hour sessions of NR2003 at 1400x900 with 8X AA and
4X AF, my vidcard temps were in the low 90's. I read a few posts here
and thought that might be a bit high.

Opened the case, took...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 3rd 06, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 13
Posted By Gil
Is Nvdia GeForce FX 5200 good enough for my purposes?

Had an FX5200, it's not really good for anything. Sold mine a week
after I bought it.

Gil

Doc wrote:
"Cuzman" wrote in message