Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kent_Diego[_2_]
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 27th 10, 04:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
First Geforce GTX 480 Review

I guess the NDA expired in Germany. This site has a detailed review. Here it
translated...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 20th 10, 03:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Should I remove all these found by MalwareByte?

Those files looked like malware to me. I would let Malware Bytes fix them
all.
Forum: General March 6th 10, 01:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Heating problem with IE?

Blow the dust and dirt out of your CPU heat sink. It will not get as hot and
the fan will run slower.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 09, 09:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Hardware problem - RAM or MOBO?

It could be RAM, motherboard or power supply. Sometimes the power supply
connector does not make good contact and gets better if moved. Do you have
the latest BIOS for your motherboard? It has been...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 12th 09, 02:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Asus P5Q-E

I had to install the latest drivers from Intel and then it did the
verification when Windows started up. You will see progress in system tray
and it may take 10-15 hours to complere. Then when you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 25th 09, 05:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 14
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Failure of P35 motherboards

Jeantech 500w power supply or
Atrix 720w power supply
Intel E8400 or E7400
Nvidia 250 graphic card
Hitachi 500 gb sata h/do
2 Gb Corsair DDR3 or Corsair DDR2
2x Sata DVD Writers
2 x...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 21st 09, 03:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Asus Bios problem

I tried to upgrade my bios using Asus Update and the upgrade process
stopped during the installation.
- motherboard P4B533-E
- sochet 478

My computer refuse to start, what can I do...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 17th 09, 03:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Reliability of current motherboards?

There is no gamble. ASUS, EVGA and Gigabyte have RMA service based in USA.
If it fails, ship it to them and they will repair or send you a new one. I
am sure most of the 15% that reported DOA...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 6th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Blown PSU??

I have had about four or five go without problem. My friend had a cheap
power supply and when it when it took out everything but the hard drive. Buy
a nice name brand PS that will have over voltage...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 12th 09, 10:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
What is an inexpensive way to get dialup for a few days?

Suggestions?

This place is great. For $5.50 you cannot go wrong:
http://www.550access.com/
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 7th 09, 07:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Memtest86+ issue

I downloaded Memtest86+ v3.5. Test ran it on 2 PCs (a PII and a P4). Ran
great - found no errors.
I just finished assembling a Core i7 rig and ran v3.5 and the prog
freezes 4 seconds in,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 18th 09, 02:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
windows vista 64

Hi, my question is on Windows vista 64. Is it capable of running 32 bit
Applications? Or is it necessary to buy all new 64bits programas?

Thanks in advanca.Manuel
Go for the Vista x64. It is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 4th 09, 01:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Slow new system--how do I check for mechanical performance problem?

..... At the moment, all seems stable. The only problem which has developed
even more recently is that after I defrag my disks, chkdsk sets itself to
run, sometimes with just three stages...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 1st 09, 06:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Slow new system--how do I check for mechanical performance problem?

I have seen HD file corruption caused by bad RAM. Try MemTest86 and
IntelBurn to test your system's stability.
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 31st 08, 05:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
P5K Deluxe update software

IHC9:
I currently have V8.3.0.1011 installed. I see Intel has a newer
version (9.0.0.1008). Should I install this newer updated version or
leave well enough alone. ASUS update site only shows...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 25th 08, 07:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 10
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Corrupted Files Over LAN

Bing bing we have a winner.

Win2K is best. XP is a security nightmare, although the best MS
option for 64-bit. Vista? An outright disaster.

Funny you bring up security as...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 24th 08, 04:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,comp.os.ms-windows.networking
Replies: 10
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Corrupted Files Over LAN

I have noticed that when I transferred files over my LAN that they sometimes
became corrupted. I found it was the NIC in my main computer causing
problem. It is an ASUS P5B motherboard with onboard...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 10th 08, 02:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Which ATI brand to get and avoid for ATI Radeon 48xx video cards?

Is it me or does VisionTek have no TV out for my 15 years old 20" CRT TV
and VCR? :(

All modern video cards have TV out. It is video out, not modulated RF. You
need a TV with a...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 9th 08, 01:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Which ATI brand to get and avoid for ATI Radeon 48xx video cards?

Are there any specific brands (e.g., Sapphire, Gigabyte, or ATI?) and
models to avoid or should get? Do they all have unlimited warranty? ....

Only VisionTek has lifetime...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 6th 08, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Memtest86+ 2.1 on SDRAM PC133

I've just bought new RAM (SDRAM PC 133) on a web site.
I've made a test with Memtest86+ 2.1 using a bootable CD and after 30
minutes (4 pass), there's just one error.
What do you think...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 30th 08, 08:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 4
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Bad AGP?

.... The computer acts like it is booting
but I can't tell. Then I noticed the fan is not running on the quadro
which has
it's own 4 pin power connector. I changed video cards and still...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 30th 08, 07:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
P4S8X beeps Hi-Lo-Hi-Lo

....Instead the only thing what happens after powering on is a alternating
beep, starting 0.5 sec HI, 0.5 sec LO (an octave, FWIW), roughly.

The only time I have heard the "alarm" go off...
Forum: Overclocking November 30th 08, 06:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 1
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
INTEL ADVICE = SPAMMER crap

wrote in message
Check the new Intel advice
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 16th 08, 09:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Asus P5E-VM HDMI overclocking problem

High, I can use some help with this. I got an overclock error at boot at
pressed F2 to
set to default values. I have a Q6600 which the default is 2.4Ghz. My
problem is after
resetting back...
Forum: Overclocking November 9th 08, 05:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 9
Posted By Kent_Diego[_2_]
Intel Burn is the Best OC Test SW!

... So by this stress test, I should drop my overclock by 600Mhz and have
the E8400 run 5-7 degrees C hotter at 3.2Ghz than it does running error
free at 3.8Ghz according to every other...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 46