Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Charles
Forum: Dell Computers June 21st 10, 11:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Charles
fans in Dell Inspiron 530S

wrote:
Warm weather is here, and I want to clean the fan or fans inside my
Dell Inspiron 530S

This Dell has 1 cd/dvd drive, and 1 floppy drive. A basic bare bones
Forum: Dell Computers March 4th 10, 12:19 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 32
Posted By Charles
Clean Install = Warranty/Return Problems?

Christopher Muto wrote:
Tony Harding wrote:
On 02/28/10 12:11, Daddy wrote:
Christopher Muto wrote:
Christopher Muto wrote:
Daddy wrote:
My Studio XPS 8100 is on...
Forum: Dell Computers January 19th 10, 07:59 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Charles
VGA vs HDMI

Dave wrote:
On Jan 18, 3:47 pm, Charles wrote:
Bob Villa wrote:
On Jan 17, 2:09 pm, "Tom Scales" wrote:
Depends on the TV. Samsung and Vizio do...
Forum: Dell Computers January 19th 10, 07:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Charles
VGA vs HDMI

Bob Villa wrote:
On Jan 17, 2:09 pm, "Tom Scales" wrote:
Depends on the TV. Samsung and Vizio do...
Forum: Dell Computers January 18th 10, 08:47 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Charles
VGA vs HDMI

Bob Villa wrote:
On Jan 17, 2:09 pm, "Tom Scales" wrote:
Depends on the TV. Samsung and Vizio do well with VGA (at least the
ones I own). LG is a failure.

Make...
Forum: Dell Computers January 14th 10, 03:28 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By Charles
Latitude D610, DVD/CD ROM

Ben Myers wrote:
Charles wrote:
Ben Myers wrote:
Charles wrote:
After some extensive traveling the past week with my laptop I
realized last night that the light is on constantly...
Forum: Dell Computers January 13th 10, 02:03 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By Charles
Latitude D610, DVD/CD ROM

Ben Myers wrote:
Charles wrote:
After some extensive traveling the past week with my laptop I realized
last night that the light is on constantly on the CD/DVD drive and the
drive will...
Forum: Dell Computers January 3rd 10, 07:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By Charles
Latitude D610, DVD/CD ROM

After some extensive traveling the past week with my laptop I realized
last night that the light is on constantly on the CD/DVD drive and the
drive will not open. Rebooted several times and...
Forum: Dell Computers December 23rd 09, 05:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 32
Posted By Charles
Dell Dim 8300 - System Slow to Boot-Up

WSZsr wrote:
Run msconfig and disable the startup items to see if it boots faster

wrote in message
My system now...
Forum: Dell Computers November 24th 09, 11:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Charles
Looking for New Monitor this Season

Christopher Muto wrote:
you made no mention of the size of your current monitor.
if you have a 17" square then a 21" or 22" wide will be roughly the same
height.
if you have a 19" square...
Forum: Dell Computers November 16th 09, 01:49 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Charles
no sound from speaker of a Dell Optiplex GX280 machine

s wrote:
Ben Myers wrote:
The Optiplex GX280 has an audio chip on the motherboard. Go into
the
BIOS setup (F2 when you first power up), and make sure that the on-board
audio is...
Forum: Dell Computers November 13th 09, 02:18 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Charles
Dimension 2400 power supply

Christopher Muto wrote:
"Jim" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 21:21:50 -0500, Christopher Muto wrote:

it is a...
Forum: Dell Computers November 7th 09, 01:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Charles
modem update

Tony Harding wrote:
MZB wrote:
I Got a new refurbished linksys modem ($27 delivered from Buy.com). I
got tired of paying Charter's rental fee.

PIECE OF CAKE.

Took 2 minutes max...
Forum: Dell Computers November 7th 09, 01:30 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Charles
Auto shutdown after boot up when nothing is done

Paul-J, Kbh wrote:
I haven't seen this in more modern computers, but about 10 years ago they had power
options in the BIOS and it would bypass that Windows Power Options. Did you check this...
Forum: Dell Computers October 24th 09, 12:37 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Charles
Win 7 - Upgrading Inspiron E1505

wrote:
On Fri, 23 Oct 2009 16:13:52 -0400, "MJMIII" wrote:

wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers October 17th 09, 12:57 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Charles
Help with Monitor Resolution Setting

ecweeks wrote:
Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers from its respective
website?

If you had followed the whole thread instead of jumping at the last you
would have known that...
Forum: Dell Computers September 3rd 09, 08:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 24
Posted By Charles
Retrieving Data From Dead Hard Drive

Boris wrote:
I diagnosed that my E520's hard drive was bad. See Blue Screen - E520 -
Best Buy (9/1/09)

When in the E520, it would pass POST,...
Forum: Dell Computers August 18th 09, 05:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Charles
Inspiron 8200 that took a dive

William R. Walsh wrote:
Hi!

Recently I had a post about my I-8200 laptop (I8200+Water)
going for a swim and have some relatively good news.

The outcome actually sounds a lot better...
Forum: Dell Computers July 31st 09, 02:47 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Charles
Inspiron 8200 that took a dive

Recently I had a post about my I-8200 laptop (I8200+Water) going for a
swim and have some relatively good news. As mentioned in the other
post, the hard drive is intact and accessible and after...
Forum: Dell Computers July 26th 09, 04:40 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Charles
I 8200 + Water?

Charles wrote:
My old but very useful Inspiron 8200 recently took a dive in about 2.5
feet of water when a pipe broke in my Son's basement. It would have
been OK except the mini fridge it...
Forum: Dell Computers July 25th 09, 12:10 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Charles
Power up Problem

Tom Lake wrote:
I have a Vostro 200 that recently began this:

When I turn it on, it turns off after a second or two.
I press the power switch again and it will start up fine.

Any Ideas?...
Forum: Dell Computers July 16th 09, 04:29 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Charles
Running Laptop With Lid Closed - Overheating

olfart wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
Camper wrote:
Forum: Dell Computers July 16th 09, 04:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

olfart wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message
Camper wrote:
Forum: Dell Computers July 16th 09, 02:08 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Camper wrote:

"Robert McMillan" wrote in message
I think this will depend on the model of the laptop. I imagine the
Forum: Dell Computers July 16th 09, 02:29 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Charles
I 8200 + Water?