Showing results 1 to 25 of 120
Search took 0.34 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kent_Diego
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 21st 08, 03:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Kent_Diego
Newegg Open Box items?

What's your luck with Newegg Open Box items? In your experience,
what percentage are defective beyond expected usability?

I got a video card and a motherboard. They both had the accessories...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 19th 08, 07:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 13
Posted By Kent_Diego
cat's 8.4 are outtttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

And how many of those cards you listed are AGP?

I have one Vista 32 and two XP systems with X800/X850 AGP cards. My dxdiag
runs fine on all of them. No hot fix needed. I am sure this is a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 6th 08, 01:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 10
Posted By Kent_Diego
flashing the BIOS for the A7N8x e

all I have is the file called AWDFLASH.exe
I need a bios.bin file also?

What (newer?) BIOS file are you going to flash to the mother board? Go here
and get the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 5th 08, 10:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 10
Posted By Kent_Diego
flashing the BIOS for the A7N8x e

What is the BIOS.bin? I saw this mentioned in another post that I found.
I have the flash.exe file ..

I had BIOS.bin as a generic name for th actual bios binary file. It could
have any...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 5th 08, 08:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 10
Posted By Kent_Diego
flashing the BIOS for the A7N8x e

.... Is there an alternative to using the floppy for my mobo in regards to
updating the bios? ...

Updating from a floppy can kill a motherboard as floppy disks often have
errors. My favorite...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 27th 08, 05:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Kent_Diego
MEMTEST86, when is it completed?

After ONE pass or more?

thanks

I like to let run all night but after one pass thought things are likely to
be OK.
Forum: Ati Videocards February 19th 08, 12:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By Kent_Diego
Slightly Cheaper HD3870 with GDDR3

Cheap, yes, but Sapphire with GDDR4 is only $10 more.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102719
"First of One" wrote in message
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 5th 08, 01:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Kent_Diego
P5B BIOS Pleeeese help!!!

I killed two P5Bs a while ago, one after the other, trying to flash the
BIOS in XP64.

That is how I killed mine too.
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 2nd 08, 05:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Kent_Diego
P5B BIOS Pleeeese help!!!

Here's your smile for the day. I tried to flash the BIOS of my P5B mobo
with winflash and of course I screwed it up royally. (I can see you
smiling) Now the mobo won't post. The manual says...
Forum: General January 18th 08, 11:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By Kent_Diego
HD dying or dead?

... beep and starts to load windows , but keeps going back to a screen
telling me that a recent hardware or software failure your has
occured. I am given the options of starting windows normally...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 07, 04:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Kent_Diego
Quick SATA Question

... If I buy a new computer for my home system,
with an onboard SATA controller, can I hook up my current IDE drive to
it? Or do I need to buy a SATA hard drive? In other words, can a run-
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 18th 07, 06:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Kent_Diego
Refurbished Gateway GT5473E Desktop PC - better value than Home Build?

"T. T." wrote in message
Hi there, I'm just curious what people think about this PC:

Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 14th 07, 11:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Kent_Diego
PC shuts down immediately after POST

Test the memory with Memtest86, 2nd poss is PSU.

I have seen bad motherboard do this as well. Be sure to blow the dust out of
the power supply too.
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 9th 07, 08:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 31
Posted By Kent_Diego
Puzzling Problems -- Pulling Hair

I went into BIOS and made a change. Now look:

http://paintrock.net/cpu-z_memory.jpg
http://paintrock.net/cpu-z_spd.jpg

So did I accomplish anything? Am I better off? Memtest...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 9th 07, 05:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 31
Posted By Kent_Diego
Puzzling Problems -- Pulling Hair

Here's the info you asked about. I confess I'm in over my head with this.
I've never tried to overclock or adjust voltage or whatever. But I would
be very interested to know whether...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 9th 07, 02:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 31
Posted By Kent_Diego
Puzzling Problems -- Pulling Hair

Kent, the problem is solved -- at least I think so. I am typing this from
a newly-reinstalled Vista partition, which I was beginning to think would
be impossible. Memtest 86 didn't do...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 8th 07, 07:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 31
Posted By Kent_Diego
Puzzling Problems -- Pulling Hair

Nothing is getting too hot? I would start with RAM. I have seen bad RAM
corrupt files on hard drive and cause many problems. Run MemTest86. Try
increasing voltage or slowing speed and timings to...
Forum: General December 8th 07, 05:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 28
Posted By Kent_Diego
My case is hot enough to cook a turkey

".....
If that Coolermaster case didn't come with a rear exhaust
fan (I vaguely recall reading some review where it might've
had a fan in front of the HDD bay but not the rear exhaust
fan),...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 8th 07, 05:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By Kent_Diego
My case is hot enough to cook a turkey

".....
If that Coolermaster case didn't come with a rear exhaust
fan (I vaguely recall reading some review where it might've
had a fan in front of the HDD bay but not the rear exhaust
fan),...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 2nd 07, 08:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 19
Posted By Kent_Diego
Bad BIOS Flash P5B-Plus -=- Follow up

The safest way to do BIOS updates is still from a bootable floppy
on a PC that's on a UPS.

Yeah. However, that won't be for much longer. Already my P5K-E's BIOS
doesn't fit in a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 1st 07, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 19
Posted By Kent_Diego
Bad BIOS Flash P5B-Plus -=- Follow up

I send another request to ASUS support asking for clairifacition as to the
BIOS chip location and if I was really suposed to unsolder the chip and send
it in for programming. I got this back:

The...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 30th 07, 03:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 19
Posted By Kent_Diego
Bad BIOS Flash P5B-Plus

I was hoping to see a BIOS chip socket but no luck! Not sure which chip. I
can do simple soldering but the chips on the motherboard have very small
leads. There is no way I going to get the chip...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 30th 07, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 19
Posted By Kent_Diego
Bad BIOS Flash P5B-Plus

I was hoping to see a BIOS chip socket but no luck! Not sure which chip. I
can do simple soldering but the chips on the motherboard have very small
leads. There is no way I going to get the chip...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 29th 07, 05:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 19
Posted By Kent_Diego
Bad BIOS Flash P5B-Plus

Hi All,
I tried to upgrade my BIOS using the latest version of ASUS Update
on Vista x64 system. The first try erased present BIOS and flashed 100%. The
checksum verification failed at 0%...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 23rd 07, 04:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By Kent_Diego
Newegg has 5 different HD 3870's and they are all out of stock. What's with that?

The stock cooler is very good this time around. Visiontek offers a
lifetime warranty, which to me is a strong selling point, even over an
ATi-branded one, if and when it becomes...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 120