A computer components & hardware forum. HardwareBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » HardwareBanter forum » Search Forums
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Showing results 1 to 25 of 185
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: [email protected]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 5th 18, 07:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Views: 27
Posted By [email protected]
RAM temperature sensors needed soon.

This is probably a golden opertunity for companies like ASRock which have patents on or licenses patents on overheat protection circuitry for motherboards.

This type of invention/circuitry could and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 5th 18, 07:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Views: 27
Posted By [email protected]
RAM temperature sensors needed soon.

Cryptocoins may start using algorithms which can be executed fast only on CPU-RAM chips.

Problem with this is current hardware has no RAM temperature sensors ?!?!?

Therefore I am requesting this...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 21st 18, 09:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 60
Views: 520
Posted By [email protected]
Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda needtesting/connection/communication service to diagnose it ???)

Oh I forgot to mention... he didn't just replace tv cable...

He also replaced the wall socket... with something new.

The one in there was very old.

He also shortened the green cable a little bit...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 21st 18, 03:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 60
Views: 520
Posted By [email protected]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 21st 18, 03:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 60
Views: 520
Posted By [email protected]
Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda needtesting/connection/communication service to diagnose it ???)

Ziggo network engineer has replaced tv cable, noise is now gone.

Shaky image on one tv channel remains but this is a problem somewhere else.

Have not yet tested getting into cable modem or testing...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 17th 18, 05:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 60
Views: 520
Posted By [email protected]
Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda needtesting/connection/communication service to diagnose it ???)

Today I performed some more tests, from wi-fi hotspot to somewhere else/cable modem.

From these test I learned that windows security center and windows firewall must be running (with that the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 17th 18, 05:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Views: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

Today I performed some more tests, from wi-fi hotspot to somewhere else/cable modem.

From these test I learned that windows security center and windows firewall must be running (with that the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 16th 18, 06:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Views: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 5:39:08 AM UTC+2, Char Jackson wrote:
On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 16:29:09 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

(Modem works fine for internetting, just can't...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 16th 18, 06:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Views: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

On Tuesday, October 16, 2018 at 5:57:09 AM UTC+2, Char Jackson wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2018 13:49:21 -0400, Paul wrote:

My guess is, your line needs to be verified by a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 16th 18, 06:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Views: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

4. Press reset button with a tiny screw driver.

That's the 15-second reset, I hope.

Yes.

I disagree. I'd say the event log is the least interesting of all. I
suggest ignoring the log...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 18, 09:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 60
Views: 520
Posted By [email protected]
Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda needtesting/connection/communication service to diagnose it ???)

Ok I called ziggo a couple of times to try and get to the bottom of this.

At least the television section of ziggo was usefull, they will send a network engineer to try and diagnose the problem when...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 18, 09:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Views: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

Ok I called ziggo a couple of times to try and get to the bottom of this.

At least the television section of ziggo was usefull, they will send a network engineer to try and diagnose the problem when...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 18, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Views: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

On Monday, October 15, 2018 at 7:49:21 PM UTC+2, Paul wrote:
wrote:
Brief update:

New splitter has arrived, mailman stuffed it into the mailbox.

New...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 18, 07:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Views: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

I went to a free wifi hotspot in my city, took brother's laptop with me.

This time connected the wireless laptop via wife with my home computer via team viewer.

This did work, so it does somewhat...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 18, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Views: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

Brief update:

New splitter has arrived, mailman stuffed it into the mailbox.

New splitter installed, green cable is hanging a bit though.

Did not help.

TV Signal is now even worse and more noisy.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 18, 01:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 60
Views: 520
Posted By [email protected]
Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda needtesting/connection/communication service to diagnose it ???)

Why do these subnets even exists ?

Why can't the internet function with one gigant routing table ?

Tech don't exist for it ? No automatic join/leave/acquire ip address/etc.

Subnets are needed...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 18, 01:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Views: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

I forgot to mention the method of debugging this modem and producing the log:

Being a programmer myself I used the logging functionality of the cable modem as a "debugger" by using the refresh F5...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 18, 12:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Views: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

(Modem works fine for internetting, just can't get into the menu, resets connections when attempting too, may be a weird DHCP misconfiguration ?!?)

Bye,
Skybuck.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 18, 12:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Views: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

Little typo corrected, I think I ment to write the last line as follows:

"...probably because of more advanced protocol from their side which may now be incompatible with this older modem."

Bye,
...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 18, 12:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Views: 72
Posted By [email protected]
Diagnosis/conclusion of Skybuck's UBEE cable modem from 2009(tutorial how to get into it even if corrupted)

Hello,

My diagnosis/conclusion concerning my UBEE cable modem is:

Corruption of download signal over COAX is somehow locking the modem out, or it's done by ISP provider, mostly it is caused by...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 15th 18, 12:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 60
Views: 520
Posted By [email protected]
Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda needtesting/connection/communication service to diagnose it ???)

I finally managed to get into this ubee cable modem, by disconnecting white/coax cable, this is what I managed to captu

(XXXXX = blacked out by me)

Basis...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 14th 18, 11:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 60
Views: 520
Posted By [email protected]
Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda needtesting/connection/communication service to diagnose it ???)

I was able to see the status screen for a few seconds/on first load of website 192.168.1.1

How I did it was as follows:

1. Read this manual:

https://modemly.com/Ubee-EWV3200-router-setup

It says...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 14th 18, 11:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 60
Views: 520
Posted By [email protected]
Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda needtesting/connection/communication service to diagnose it ???)

Performed network scan of a certain range did find some ips but probably not my modem.

I am now pretty sure the cable modem is located on 192.168.1.1.

I can ping it, but when attempting...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 14th 18, 09:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Views: 61
Posted By [email protected]
Port-Restricted Cone NAT Router (Game Ranger)

On Saturday, October 13, 2018 at 7:46:28 AM UTC+2, Char Jackson wrote:
On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 13:11:27 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Game ranger claims my computer/internet...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 14th 18, 12:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Views: 155
Posted By [email protected]
Storing brains inside computer + Gaming = Ouch Horror.

On Monday, August 13, 2018 at 3:18:48 PM UTC+2, Ant wrote:
Future? It's happening already like mine! :P


wrote:
I just had a terrible vision of the futu

...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 185

 
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 HardwareBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.