-----Original Message-----
From: Juan Kerr ]
Posted At: Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:54 AM
Posted To: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Forum: Dell Computers May 9th 08, 06:12 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 18
Posted By Geoff
XP Home service pack 3???

MZB wrote:
Has anyone installed this?
Any problems?

Mel

i installed it on about err 10 pc's so far
Forum: Dell Computers April 14th 08, 01:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 16
Posted By Geoff
not telling the 3GB vs 4GB limitation

liketofindoutwhy wrote:
hm... i just got a Dell with 4GB of memory, and just found that it is
known that only about 3.1 to 3.5GB can be used...

(after upgrading to Vista SP1, it reports 4GB...
Forum: Dell Computers March 18th 08, 08:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Geoff
Amazon Says Vista SP1 to Arrive Tuesday

Tony Harding wrote:
Amazon Says Vista SP1 to Arrive Tuesday

The Associated Press
Tuesday, March 18, 2008; 7:44 AM

snip
Forum: Dell Computers March 11th 08, 07:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 24
Posted By Geoff
OT--should I upgrade to IE 7.0

MZB wrote:
OK, I use IE 6.0.

When IE 7.0 came out I was reading about problems with it, so I didn't
upgrade.

However, it's been out awhile.

Any opinions about upgrading? Should I...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 4th 08, 03:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Geoff
Question about a new video card...

News wrote:
Hey guys question..

I have a 320 meg 8800 gts video card in my system and want to upgrade.
Would a 730meg 8800gtx be worth the 500 dollars for the upgrade? My
system is a 2...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 30th 08, 12:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By Geoff
Basic desing questions on building a new dual monitor system

tanstafl wrote:
I'm planning to build a new system centered around dual 22" LCDs - one
in landscape and one in portrait mode. I'm fairly decent on PCs in
general, but years ago I decided to...
Forum: Dell Computers January 25th 08, 11:47 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Geoff
Vista SP1 -- rumors say to be available about Feb. 15th perengadget

S.Lewis wrote:
"Geoff" wrote in message
Bob Levine wrote:
I think it's much ado about nothing. For the most part...
Forum: Dell Computers January 25th 08, 10:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Geoff
Vista SP1 -- rumors say to be available about Feb. 15th perengadget

Bob Levine wrote:
I think it's much ado about nothing. For the most part all it's going to
be is a collection of fixes that have already been released.

Bob

pretty much what service packs...
Forum: Dell Computers January 24th 08, 02:12 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 29
Posted By Geoff
Why XP must be saved (according to Infoworld)

Journey wrote:
I love to see MS have problems with Vista. "Where's the beef?" --
there is none.

If I was product manager at a large corporation, I would see no reason
to upgrade to...
Forum: Dell Computers January 16th 08, 03:20 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By Geoff
Turn on Computer with 120V, not Dell Power Button

Bob Levine wrote:
Tom Scales wrote:

Nope. Shut it down properly, then turn off the power. Turn on the
power and it boots. All my machines are setup this way.

Duly noted.

Bob
Forum: Dell Computers December 30th 07, 06:22 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 22
Posted By Geoff
OT--Desktop Icons and Bootup Speed

"MZB" wrote in message
I'm wondering if this is true or not.

My desktop has a large number of icons.(uh... that IS true!)

My...
Forum: Overclocking December 29th 07, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Posted By Geoff
Computer moving really slow

"Augustus" wrote in message

"Geoff" wrote in message
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 29th 07, 09:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Geoff
3d question

"GTS" wrote in message
http://www.edimensional.com/

i remember mate getting a geforce 2 ultra and they came...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 29th 07, 03:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Geoff
3d question

"Benjamin Gawert" wrote in message
* Draggonfodder:
I have a 3d (edimensional) system for my computer. I am using an FX 5500
Forum: Overclocking December 27th 07, 04:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Posted By Geoff
Computer moving really slow

"tornado" wrote in message

ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card into
my computer....
Forum: Dell Computers December 27th 07, 03:00 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Geoff
.MOV and WMP10

Boris wrote in message
I took some 640x480 movies with my digital camera on Christmas. The
extension is .mov, which is a Quicktime...
Forum: Dell Computers December 19th 07, 12:04 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Geoff
Dimension 2400 advice

"Donald Newcomb" wrote in message
I picked up a used Dimension 2400 for $50. The owner had replaced it with a
new machine because it seemed...
Forum: Dell Computers December 18th 07, 12:45 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Geoff
Looking for an External DVD-CD writer

"Larry" wrote in message
HAve a Dimension 8200. And i am looking to find a good external dvd cd
writer unit, still...
Forum: Dell Computers December 13th 07, 12:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Geoff
Will upgrading a video driver help improve LCD image quality?

"History Fan" wrote in message
I have a Dell E510 computer, running Windows XP SP2. Pentium D
processor...
Forum: Dell Computers December 8th 07, 08:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By Geoff
Memtest errors

"Keith" wrote in message
I ran (as a control) MemTest on my Dell Dimension 8200 and recieved memory
errors on a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 22nd 07, 01:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Geoff
PCI dual view video card?

"DaveW" wrote in message
PCI video cards CANNOT handle the signal speed required for DVI. PCI to
AGP adapters are...
Forum: Dell Computers November 21st 07, 11:45 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Geoff
what is the problem here (fan??)

"MZB" wrote in message
I know these topics have come up before, but I haven't paid much attention
to them, so hopefully some patient...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 20th 07, 12:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Geoff
PCI dual view video card?

"surface9" wrote in message
I have an older PC (very quiet) that only has ONE slot, a regular PCI
(not...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 07, 05:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Geoff
Isn't all Vista 64 bit?

"S.Lewis" wrote in message