Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chip Thomas[_2_]
Forum: General April 1st 08, 02:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 18
Posted By Chip Thomas[_2_]
Would like to create 2 hard drives that are identical

DaveW wrote:
You either have to buy special backup software, or you can buy a PCI RAID
card and set up a RAID 1 array. This results in all data and programs being
simultaneously being...
Forum: General April 1st 08, 02:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 18
Posted By Chip Thomas[_2_]
Would like to create 2 hard drives that are identical

dos-man wrote:
Well, my win 98 PC has crashed again. When I boot it just keeps
endlessly spinning the floppy drive. Tommorrow I have to bring the
monitor down from the attic and hook it up. ...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 25th 08, 06:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Chip Thomas[_2_]
i am buying a new video card what is good

ERIC wrote:
i'am going to spend about $120.00 to $160.00 bucks
i am now useing a pci ex *16 card 7600gt.
what do you think i should get?

Why are you buying a new card? Is the 7600gt...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 25th 08, 04:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Chip Thomas[_2_]
7600 gt any good

RICHERD PEGG wrote:
7600 gt any good ????

Depends on what you intend to do. For some applications it might be
overkill.
Forum: Ati Videocards March 22nd 08, 11:27 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By Chip Thomas[_2_]
need a videocard for cell phone

Beladi Nasrallah wrote:
Hi there,

I would like to play Tetris on my cell phone. I was told I needed a
videocard for it. Please help me choose one !!!

You first need at least a 1200VA UPS...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 22nd 08, 11:27 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Beladi Nasrallah wrote:
Hi there,

I would like to play Tetris on my cell phone. I was told I needed a
videocard for it. Please help me choose one !!!

You first need at least a 1200VA UPS...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 20th 08, 02:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Chip Thomas[_2_]
ASUS EN7600GS Silent fan mod? - update

Chip Thomas wrote:

I've sent back this card back to ASUS a couple of times for failure. A
second card was returned from ASUS and was overheating in the Antec HTPC
case we're using. It...
Forum: General March 18th 08, 06:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Chip Thomas[_2_]
Managed vs. unmanaged switches

kony wrote:
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 15:05:57 GMT, Chip Thomas
wrote:

What is robust supposed to mean? It's not like there's some
golden switch out there, any...
Forum: General March 17th 08, 04:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Chip Thomas[_2_]
Managed vs. unmanaged switches

kony wrote:
On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 04:43:00 GMT, Chip Thomas
wrote:

I don't need network segregation.

I do need high reliability / continuous availability. I...
Forum: General March 17th 08, 05:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Chip Thomas[_2_]
Managed vs. unmanaged switches

Skeleton Man wrote:
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a managed switch over
an unmanaged switch and vice versa?

I'm trying to build a very robust network for home / small...
Forum: General March 16th 08, 04:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Chip Thomas[_2_]
Managed vs. unmanaged switches

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a managed switch over
an unmanaged switch and vice versa?

I'm trying to build a very robust network for home / small business use.
I'm not...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 15th 08, 08:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Chip Thomas wrote:
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
Chip Thomas wrote:

I've sent back this card back to ASUS a couple of times for failure.
A second card was returned from ASUS and was...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 15th 08, 07:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia