Showing results 1 to 25 of 194
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Nut Cracker
Forum: Compaq Servers September 24th 07, 11:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By Nut Cracker
power supply PL800

"Phil" wrote in message

"peacekeeper" wrote in message
Forum: Compaq Servers September 18th 07, 05:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By Nut Cracker
Multi-processor machine, only showing a single processor in OS

Yah, you have to go into the SCU and set yer OS to Unix/Other.

only then will you actually get 4 proc's in yer os.

- LC

--

"Trojan Hussar" wrote in message...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 15th 07, 10:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 12
Posted By Nut Cracker
single file/driver for fan control

its not in the service pack, and there isnt a discreet fan controller for
those servers.

Others have posted messages to this group about how to add a resister that
will slow them down.

- LC

--
Forum: Compaq Servers September 12th 07, 11:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3

"Trojan Hussar" wrote in message
I have a Proliant 5500 Xeon which currently has a pair of SL3CF (2Mb
cache)...
Forum: Compaq Servers August 21st 07, 08:29 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 1
Posted By Nut Cracker
IDE drives on an ML350

you will probably have to drop in an IDE ATA133 card to use that drive. the
onboard IDE controller on those servers (natively SCSI based) are really
only there for CDROM/DVD support, and nothing...
Forum: Compaq Servers August 10th 07, 06:03 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 12
Posted By Nut Cracker
OT Interesting Note

going from an OS that is 7 years old to one that is 4 years old is hardly
being on the bleeding edge. I understand and support the reluctance of
companies to go to Vista ... its been more of a PITA...
Forum: Compaq Computers August 10th 07, 06:03 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 8
Posted By Nut Cracker
OT Interesting Note

going from an OS that is 7 years old to one that is 4 years old is hardly
being on the bleeding edge. I understand and support the reluctance of
companies to go to Vista ... its been more of a PITA...
Forum: Acer Computers August 10th 07, 06:03 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 8
Posted By Nut Cracker
OT Interesting Note

going from an OS that is 7 years old to one that is 4 years old is hardly
being on the bleeding edge. I understand and support the reluctance of
companies to go to Vista ... its been more of a PITA...
Forum: Acer Computers August 10th 07, 03:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 8
Posted By Nut Cracker
OT Interesting Note

as an interesting aside, the engineers we have been getting from EMC for our
SAN projects, have until very very recently been given laptops that have
2000 pro for thier OS. In the 2 month or so,...
Forum: Compaq Computers August 10th 07, 03:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 8
Posted By Nut Cracker
OT Interesting Note

as an interesting aside, the engineers we have been getting from EMC for our
SAN projects, have until very very recently been given laptops that have
2000 pro for thier OS. In the 2 month or so,...
Forum: Compaq Servers August 10th 07, 03:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 12
Posted By Nut Cracker
OT Interesting Note

as an interesting aside, the engineers we have been getting from EMC for our
SAN projects, have until very very recently been given laptops that have
2000 pro for thier OS. In the 2 month or so,...
Forum: Compaq Servers August 1st 07, 03:41 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 1
Posted By Nut Cracker
MSA1500 with 300GB SATA?

no, they did not hard-code any limitation into them. you could put 750's in
there if you wanted to. the thing is, you throw your pre-failure warranty
and support out the window when you use non-hp...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 31st 07, 05:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 4
Posted By Nut Cracker
1600 will not boot

the HP Array controllers generally dont cause problems (like you are
describing) with the servers. Dell, as you mentioned ...well, thats another
discussion.

I wonder if you have/had the proliant...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 26th 07, 03:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By Nut Cracker
Creating TXTSETUP.OEM?

windows 2000 has a native SA driver which supports that controller. You
shouldnt have to do any F6 hoop-la to get it working.

Alternatively, you could do an assisted install, and use the SmartStart...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 24th 07, 10:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By Nut Cracker
Creating TXTSETUP.OEM?

which server, and which array controller are you trying to install 2000 upon
?

--

"Will" wrote in message
Many...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 24th 07, 05:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 11
Posted By Nut Cracker
Proliant 2500 BIOS/utilities?

this is what i was hoping for ...

thanks for weighing in with your input, Vince.

- LC

--

"VinceV" wrote in message
Forum: Compaq Servers July 24th 07, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 11
Posted By Nut Cracker
Proliant 2500 BIOS/utilities?

at this point, stop the smartstart process. reboot the system, and run the
F10 utilities and run the System Configuration Utility.

Someone else will need to answer the specifics on what to do with...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 23rd 07, 06:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 1
Posted By Nut Cracker
Converting DL585 G1 to SAS

Based on a quick review of the quickspec's for that machine ...

NOTE: 8-Bay SAS/SATA Cage (379090-B21) not included but is required, please
include in order. SAS Performance pack includes the Smart...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 20th 07, 02:16 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 11
Posted By Nut Cracker
Proliant 2500 BIOS/utilities?

you need to use a SmartStart 5.50 CD. Boot from it and do a system erase,
then boot from the CD again, and you will be walked through the setup/config
of the...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 13th 07, 04:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 2
Posted By Nut Cracker
Solaris 10 on Proliant ML110G4?

give it a try ... it will run solaris 8 and 9, i have no idea why it wouldnt
run 10 also.

I have run 'unsupported' operating systems on many-a proliant server. The
results have always been...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 12th 07, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 1
Posted By Nut Cracker
Maximum Boot Device Size P600

Yes, its for older versions of windows, and other old operating systems. Its
there for legacy compatability, and can be safely ignored with any MS OS
newer than NT4.0.

- LC

"Will"...
Forum: Compaq Servers June 30th 07, 04:41 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Nut Cracker
Rack Rail for MSA50

"Will" wrote in message
The quickspecs for the MSA50 SAS JBOD enclosure say the rack rail option
is...
Forum: Compaq Servers June 28th 07, 06:52 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 2
Posted By Nut Cracker
Power Saving Mode on DL385

looks like its controlled in the OS ...

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmisc/vac/us/en/sm/proliant/dl385g2-qanda.html#d5

the speeds will be kicked up when more processing power is required....
Forum: Compaq Servers June 23rd 07, 06:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 4
Posted By Nut Cracker
USB Broken on Proliant 1850R on Windows 2000

USB is not functional on the 1850R

I believe you would need to use a PCI USB Card

- LC

"Will" wrote in message
Forum: Compaq Servers June 21st 07, 04:20 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 6
Posted By Nut Cracker
Using MSA50 As SAS JBOD?

i believe it is proprietary ... its like a 16 lane SAS connector, or
something. I dont have any MSA20/50's in my environment yet, so I havent had
to dig into the specifics with this gear.

All i...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 194