Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 6.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeffrey Alsip
Forum: Compaq Servers January 9th 07, 01:01 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 19
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Smartstart 5.5 Download

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
its available from HP ... search on SmartStart 5.50 ISO and you will find
the download page. Burn the CD at the slowest possible speed, and you should
be ok.

- LC

Here's...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 5th 07, 08:38 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 19
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Proliant 1600 and IMD LCD Y-Cable

Jeffrey Alsip wrote:
NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
Mr Alsip probably has more up-to-date, hands-on experience with those older
systems.

These cables are ABSOLUTELY the same. Many of the IMD's that...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 5th 07, 08:20 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
MC from LC

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
funny ... looking at your spelling, i would have guess you had "tied" one on

Man, you called THAT one right. I am just now starting to feel like my
normal self again. It really...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 5th 07, 07:32 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
Mr Alsip probably has more up-to-date, hands-on experience with those older
systems.

These cables are ABSOLUTELY the same. Many of the IMD's that I am using
in the 1600's, came...
Forum: Compaq Servers December 28th 06, 05:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
MC from LC

Phil wrote:
Same to you LC and gang.
Hope all stays safe this holiday season.

Happy Hlidays to all.

I got a tie.

Jeffrey Alsip
Forum: Compaq Servers December 21st 06, 04:28 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Need drive array config disk for proliant 1850

Scott wrote:
I'm just curious but wouldn't that be more of an issue with the burner

or burner software?

It appears to be entirely related to the burn speed. If possible, burn
the disk at 4x...
Forum: Compaq Servers December 21st 06, 08:06 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 8
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Need drive array config disk for proliant 1850

Nut Cracker wrote:
ACCCKKK !!!!!

no, use THIS link:
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/22678.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

sorry,

- LC
Forum: Compaq Servers December 17th 06, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 19
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Proliant 1600 and IMD LCD Y-Cable

mchero wrote:
Please, Tell me what they are telling me Jez T

In short....you have just been "jezzed".

Phil, Thanks for the reply! The Y-cable is about 3 inches long, long
mail pin on one...
Forum: Compaq Servers November 20th 06, 08:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 1
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Challenges

Nut Cracker wrote:
Come, on guys .... I need a challenge.

It HAS been a while, hasn't it? I hate to see you sitting idle like
this.

I'll try to come up with something.

Jeffrey Alsip
Forum: Compaq Servers November 17th 06, 05:50 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Proliant 1600 CDROM issues

Dean Malandris wrote:
Aaaaargggh.

I don't care if we just have the DVD in there or both the CDROM and the
DVD, all I want to do is be able to have the machine with a DVD drive in
it and not...
Forum: Compaq Servers October 29th 06, 01:26 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 44
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Windows server 2003 licencing

Will wrote:
Technically you are right, but not in a way that provides any useful new
direction.

Check this out! He just got "re-jezzed"!!! I'm having a hell of a time
reading this thread. If...
Forum: Compaq Servers October 29th 06, 01:18 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 44
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Data on server, OS and apps backed up

Will wrote:
You aren't following the conversation, which is okay because you came in
late.

I have nothing to add, I just had to pipe-in when I saw Jez get
"jezzed" here! How cool is...
Forum: Compaq Servers October 22nd 06, 09:40 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Memory Request

Nut Cracker wrote:
I appreciate it, Jeffery .... but right now I am stacked with 256M dimms

need bigger ....512M or 1024M x 4 .....

-LC

Sorry, I'm here for ya...but I lack your...
Forum: Compaq Servers October 21st 06, 07:09 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Memory Request

Nut Cracker wrote:
Most likely will be 2003 Enterprise for IA64 ... although, i could run a
couple of linuxes if i wanted to (debian, redhat, suse, white box, etc ...)

- LC

I have some spare...
Forum: Compaq Servers October 9th 06, 02:36 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
proliant 3000

Nut Cracker wrote:
You might consider losing the 4/8 tape drive as its not even large enough to
store a local system state backup of your W2K installation. Also, consider
removing the DLT from...
Forum: Compaq Servers October 8th 06, 09:03 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
proliant 3000

franklin wrote:
The DLT drive is also connected to the external connector of the
SMART-2DH.

Never work. Your arrangement of hard drives is fine, but you CAN NOT
connect a DLT to the Smart 2DH....
Forum: Compaq Servers October 4th 06, 05:16 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Sound card for a Proliant 800 600mhz? OS question too

Nut Cracker wrote:
actually ... there is ONE application that i can think of where you MUST
have a soundcard in your server .... building a shoutcast server

I am absolutely certain that this is...
Forum: Compaq Servers October 4th 06, 02:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Wake Up ... Q about a ML370 G1

Nut Cracker wrote:
Thanks for the repsonse,

- LC

I have never played with an ML370, so I have nothing to add. I just
hated feeling left out.

Jeffrey Alsip
Forum: Compaq Servers October 4th 06, 02:10 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Sound card for a Proliant 800 600mhz? OS question too

Nut Cracker wrote:
sound cards: none. its a server ;)

LC, you are so predictable!

the real question is ... what are you planning on doing with it?

- LC

Good question! I have successfully...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 18th 06, 02:59 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Resurecting a ProLiant 3000?

***** charles wrote:
Yes. I have read several horror stores about getting raid controllers
to work especially under Linux. I would assume that Windows
would be no problem. The service packs...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 15th 06, 03:10 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Resurecting a ProLiant 3000?

***** charles wrote:
depends on the seller, ask them
depends on the seller, where are they?

Somehow I mistakenly thought you were.

later....

Perhaps you were responding to my offer...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 13th 06, 07:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Resurecting a ProLiant 3000?

Nut Cracker wrote:
It doesn't matter. The only cards that are slot sensitive are the Remote
Insight Boards.

Exactly

Great! Then in the 3000 you want the Array Controller to be in the...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 13th 06, 12:24 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Resurecting a ProLiant 3000?

Nut Cracker wrote:
the only 'special' thing you will need is the ACU (Array Configuration
Utility) ... which is on the smartstart CD.

Also, run the SCU (System Configuration Utility) after...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 12th 06, 11:17 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Resurecting a ProLiant 3000?

Nut Cracker wrote:
Yes
Yes
Probably
No
Not Really
Pretty Much

Yeah...what he said.
Forum: Compaq Servers September 12th 06, 06:43 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 34
Posted By Jeffrey Alsip
Resurecting a ProLiant 3000?

***** charles wrote:
I am sure that the 5.5 cd's were burned at the fastest speed.
That is sure weird about the speed part. I will burn one at
the slowest speed the software will allow.

Yeah,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49