Showing results 1 to 25 of 109
Search took 0.19 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Keith
Forum: Dell Computers June 30th 10, 01:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By Keith
Built to Fail: Unsealed Documents Show Dell Knowingly Sold Faulty PCs

Built to Fail: Unsealed Documents Show Dell Knowingly Sold Faulty PCs

Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards May 27th 10, 02:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 15
Posted By Keith
Which board is better?

what are your RAM settings- on my P35 board with Corsair PC6400
(CM2x1024-6400C4) RAM, I cannot run 4 x 1 GB at 400 MHz only 270 , so I run
only 2 x 1 GB at higher speeds to avoid RAM...
Forum: Dell Computers May 13th 10, 03:01 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Keith
Graphics Card Fan Noise

The solutions available are specific on a specific video card or family of
video cards. Before buying, it is important to make certain that you
identify the video card you wish to upgrade...
Forum: Dell Computers May 11th 10, 02:20 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Keith
Graphics Card Fan Noise

http://www.svc.com/vga-cooler.html

This link will allow you to find video card cooler replacments for various
video cards.

"Ben Myers" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers May 9th 10, 06:19 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Keith
Graphics Card Fan Noise

depending on the card, you can replace the fan with a quieter one if it is
an issue

(or replace the card)

"Daddy" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers May 7th 10, 03:49 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Keith
OT-url in outlook 2007 email

Thank yuo for the advice. I tried to restore defaults- I will try the advice
on the link next

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers May 1st 10, 10:47 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Keith
OT-url in outlook 2007 email

On a Win 7 64 bit OS with Outlook 2007, urls in emails will not launch my
browser-I get a dialog stating check with administrator.

IS there a security setting somewhere?

IE is set as the default...
Forum: Dell Computers March 17th 10, 03:30 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Keith
The Last Word - From Me - On The Win7 Disc

I see-so if the hard drive dies, no reinstall?

"MJMIII" wrote in message
Ctrl+F11 at bootup.

--

Forum: Dell Computers March 16th 10, 02:24 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By Keith
The Last Word - From Me - On The Win7 Disc

What is the offical restore process without a disk?

"Daddy" wrote in message
I think we can agree that I have beaten the...
Forum: Dell Computers December 8th 09, 02:01 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Keith
Why So Few With Core i7 and i5?

from http://www.sharkyextreme.com/guides/WCPG/article.php/10705_3851086__2

Core i5 750 2.66GHz LGA1156 (Retail)
$200
NewEgg
800-390-1119
Forum: Dell Computers December 5th 09, 03:45 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Keith
Why So Few With Core i7 and i5?

I noted that the jump from the Core i7 920 to thenext llevel is much more
expensive than the retail difference for those two chips.

Until the pricing gets more 'normal', I will be holding off on a...
Forum: Dell Computers November 10th 09, 03:50 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 27
Posted By Keith
Dell netbooks

can they run 32 bit and 64 bit Win 7?

"Brian K" wrote in message
I'm ashamed to say Win7 runs a little faster...
Forum: Dell Computers November 8th 09, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 27
Posted By Keith
Dell netbooks

I am looking for a device that is light enough so I'll carry it arounf (I
have a 5+ pound Inspiron 5000 at work that is too heavy) from which I can
run powerpoints, get email, do web browsing and...
Forum: Dell Computers November 7th 09, 08:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 27
Posted By Keith
Dell netbooks

Sorry I wasn't more clear.
"RnR" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 05:29:04 -0800 (PST), Bob Villa
Forum: Dell Computers November 7th 09, 06:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Keith
AVG9.0 free

I'm running AVG 9.

After optimizing and defraging the PC- my Pc seems fasting than it was with
AVG 8.5

In each case, I did not Install linkscanner

"William R. Walsh"...
Forum: Dell Computers November 7th 09, 02:30 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 27
Posted By Keith
Dell netbooks

So what is better for 200 dollars?

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Keith wrote:
Which is better the Inspiron 10 or 10v...
Forum: Dell Computers November 6th 09, 05:14 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 27
Posted By Keith
Dell netbooks

Which is better the Insiron 10 or 10v (N280 Atom vs Z520)?
Forum: Dell Computers September 11th 09, 02:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Keith
OT--Trend Micro--any good?

I had a free copy of Tredn aV from work (the company was trying to promote
the product)

I ended up uninstalling it because it used too many resources. I am back to
using AVG, which I find leaves...
Forum: Dell Computers August 8th 09, 01:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By Keith
Dell Mini CPU's

How do the Dell mini CPU's compare the Atom N270 to the Z520 & Z530?
Forum: Dell Computers June 27th 09, 07:40 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 37
Posted By Keith
Dimension XPS D266 Front panel power switch has no effect.

Stupid question perhaps -but is there a switch on the power supply in the
back of the case?

"NeoPhyte.Rep" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers June 6th 09, 05:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Keith
vista not so bad

Are you comparing XP to Vista on the same machine?

"pacca" wrote in message ...
I know a lot of people hate vista,but did a clean install of vista 64...
Forum: Dell Computers May 4th 09, 02:13 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Keith
Mini 12

The web site says it weighs 2.72 pounds -starting weight.

Can anyone share the actual weight and battery life? For a 12 inch, it seems
to good to be true.
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards April 26th 09, 03:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 0
Posted By Keith
suppress PCI device listing

Is there a way to supress the PCI device listing on a ga-p35-(d)s3l revsion
2 mobo during startup?

Full logo enabled or disabled does not make a difference
Forum: Dell Computers March 14th 09, 03:10 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Keith
Dell mini

thank you all for the great input

I need to give powerpint presentations using an lcd projector.

Can these machines output via VGA to 1024 x 768 resolution?

"Christopher Muto"...
Forum: Dell Computers March 13th 09, 02:36 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Keith
Dell mini

I'm looking at the dell mini 9 semms light, cheap and functional at 2.26
pounds. The mini 10 & 12 are a bit heavier.

Is the Atom N270 acceptable or is it underpowered for office/web/email?
Showing results 1 to 25 of 109