Showing results 1 to 25 of 149
Search took 0.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob F
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 23rd 21, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob F
Dust warning for telecommunication companies

On 4/22/2021 2:07 PM, Paul wrote:
skybuck2000 wrote:
Hello my dear telecommunication companies ! =D

It is only fair that I give you a warning about your bussinessszzzz ! :)

Because...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 14th 21, 11:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob F
Dead motherboard?

On 3/14/2021 1:27 PM, Larc wrote:
Symptoms: started rebooting occasionally, progressively increasing with prior mouse
pointer fadeout or freeze (cordless and corded mouse) - stopped seeing USB...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 11th 21, 07:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Bob F
The wall computer / the wall processor

On 2/11/2021 7:04 AM, Steve Hough wrote:
skybuck2000 presented the following explanation :
My only concern would be: The radiation ?

Is it dangerous or is it liveable ?!

Bye,
*...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 30th 21, 10:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob F
Corona Update 9, January 30, 2021, Immediately stop corona tests,DNA information falls into Chinese hands

On 1/30/2021 12:29 PM, skybuck2000 wrote:
Corona Update 9, January 30, 2021, Immediately stop corona tests, DNA information falls into Chinese hands

1. Corona tests, test streets have always...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 16th 21, 08:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob F
WDMyStore device not seen as network drive on Win 8.1

On 1/16/2021 10:10 AM, Paul wrote:
Bob F wrote:
On 12/21/2020 4:56 PM, Bob F wrote:
I use my 4TB older WDMyCloud drive as network storage. It works great
on my Win 7, XP, Vista PC's,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 16th 21, 06:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob F
WDMyStore device not seen as network drive on Win 8.1

On 12/21/2020 4:56 PM, Bob F wrote:
I use my 4TB older WDMyCloud drive as network storage. It works great on
my Win 7, XP, Vista PC's, but I cannot get it to work reliably on the 2
8.1 PC's I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 2nd 21, 02:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 35
Posted By Bob F
New Build - Followup

On 12/20/2020 7:52 AM, SC Tom wrote:

"SC Tom" wrote in message ...
snip

As suggested by Bill and Larc, I got an SSD (Samsung 860 EVO...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 2nd 21, 02:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 35
Posted By Bob F
New Build

On 12/17/2020 12:30 PM, Larc wrote:
On Thu, 17 Dec 2020 13:26:25 -0500, "SC Tom" wrote:

| I decided to give an SSD a chance on my current PC (I haven't bought the
| components...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 25th 20, 07:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Bob F
What hardware to best speed up processing large Word file?

On 12/21/2020 9:08 AM, Paul wrote:
Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:
On Mon, 21 Dec 2020 02:21:07 -0500, Paul
wrote:

Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:
My genealogy program...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 24th 20, 05:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 12/22/2020 10:57 AM, Paul wrote:
Bob F wrote:
On 12/21/2020 7:49 PM, GlowingBlueMist wrote:
On 12/21/2020 6:56 PM, Bob F wrote:
I use my 4TB older WDMyCloud drive as network storage....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 24th 20, 04:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob F
USB External Harddisk warning related to water on table !

On 12/23/2020 7:40 AM, skybuck2000 wrote:
Yesterday I had a "close call".

There was a power outtage, the laptop continued to function.

There is a usb external harddisk attached to the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 22nd 20, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 12/22/2020 4:18 AM, Paul wrote:
Bob F wrote:
I use my 4TB older WDMyCloud drive as network storage. It works great
on my Win 7, XP, Vista PC's, but I cannot get it to work reliably on
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 22nd 20, 07:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob F
WDMyStore device not seen as network drive on Win 8.1

On 12/21/2020 7:49 PM, GlowingBlueMist wrote:
On 12/21/2020 6:56 PM, Bob F wrote:
I use my 4TB older WDMyCloud drive as network storage. It works great
on my Win 7, XP, Vista PC's, but I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 22nd 20, 01:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob F
WDMyStore device not seen as network drive on Win 8.1

I use my 4TB older WDMyCloud drive as network storage. It works great on
my Win 7, XP, Vista PC's, but I cannot get it to work reliably on the 2
8.1 PC's I have here.

It shows up as a "Storage"...
Forum: General December 14th 20, 07:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.microsoft.windows,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 22
Posted By Bob F
Have you ever had a working PC that wouldn't go into the BIOSmode?

On 12/13/2020 12:27 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 12/12/20 7:47 PM, Arlen Holder wrote:

[snip]

Have you ever had a working PC that wouldn't go into the BIOS mode?
o...
Forum: General November 20th 20, 06:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob F
Is cable both power and data?

On 11/18/2020 8:33 AM, micky wrote:
I have a Y-shaped USB cable, 18" long, with type A at one end and the
two previously most common mini's at the other end, the one that used to
be used for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 29th 20, 05:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 0
Posted By Bob F
Space Company in Wuhan connected to Corona Virus ?

On 10/27/2020 6:55 PM, skybuck2000 wrote:
Did you know there is a "space company" in wuhan ?!

Wow, now with this chinese space race and also spacex the possibility of bringing back a dangerous...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 3rd 20, 05:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Bob F
Macrium Reflect image restored to dissimilar x64 hardware doeswhat? Paging Paul, Flasherly, Mr. Chang

On 10/2/2020 8:49 AM, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
On 10/2/20 10:20 AM, RayLopez99 wrote:
The scenario:Â* I have a x64 bit Windows 10 machine that's a laptop
with decent but 5+ year old...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 9th 20, 03:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Bob F
PC erratic behaviour

On 8/30/2020 7:59 AM, Peter Johnson wrote:

The fan resistors that I mentioned are intended to slow the fans down,
to make them quieter. Taking them out I haven't noticed any difference
in fan...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 14th 20, 04:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob F
Post problem with Z77H2-A3 motherboard

On 4/2/2020 9:05 PM, Paul wrote:
Bob F wrote:

This problem showed up while I had a second power supply hooked up to
it, but carried over to the original when I went back to it. I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 2nd 20, 08:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob F
Post problem with Z77H2-A3 motherboard

On 4/2/2020 2:41 AM, Paul wrote:
Bob F wrote:

The BIOS seems to default to running at the 1600MHz the RAM is rated
for. If I change memory clk multiplier to manual at 10 instead of 12,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 2nd 20, 02:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob F
Post problem with Z77H2-A3 motherboard

On 4/1/2020 2:16 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 4/1/2020 1:48 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 4/1/2020 11:05 AM, Paul wrote:
Bob F wrote:
My ECS Z77H2-A3 V1.2 motherboard with an I5-2500K processor worked...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 1st 20, 10:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 4/1/2020 1:48 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 4/1/2020 11:05 AM, Paul wrote:
Bob F wrote:
My ECS Z77H2-A3 V1.2 motherboard with an I5-2500K processor worked
fine for years, then started having...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 1st 20, 09:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On 4/1/2020 11:05 AM, Paul wrote:
Bob F wrote:
My ECS Z77H2-A3 V1.2 motherboard with an I5-2500K processor worked
fine for years, then started having occasional problems when turned
on,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 1st 20, 09:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob F
Post problem with Z77H2-A3 motherboard

My ECS Z77H2-A3 V1.2 motherboard with an I5-2500K processor worked fine