Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 1.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: just bob
Forum: Dell Computers February 23rd 09, 06:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By just bob
Third-party warranty for old Dell server?

We have a server we will need for one more year and since it is more than
five years old Dell will not sell us maintenance contract (yes, that is one
more reason to use HP for servers).

Is there a...
Forum: Dell Computers August 6th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By just bob
Low processing power on battery

I have not tried speedswitchXP yet but just to give you an idea of what
happened when I disabled SpeedStep in the BIOS: the machine ran dog slow,
and took two hours to process 1,000 12MB Camera...
Forum: Dell Computers August 6th 08, 05:56 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By just bob
Low processing power on battery

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

I don't know if your findings are typical, but I would not be surprised.
I'd assume...
Forum: Dell Computers July 30th 08, 04:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 7
Posted By just bob
Low processing power on battery

We have a bunch of Dell D630 and D830 laptops and it seems somewhere along
the previous Dell laptop product releases - we think when Intel eliminated
the SpeedStep application - we lost the ability...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 20th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 0
Posted By just bob
Storevault NAS/SAN

Anyone here using Storevault product?

Can you tell me if you are using it for Exchange or SQL?

Likes/Dislikes?

Many thanks!
Forum: Compaq Servers June 5th 08, 11:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 2
Posted By just bob
Reboot server with ILO?

OK, so we figured out the virtual power button.

Now how to eject a CD-ROM which might be in the drive? We seem to not be
able to run the remote console. We can move the mouse but we cannot see the...
Forum: Compaq Servers June 5th 08, 09:38 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 2
Posted By just bob
Reboot server with ILO?

We have a DL380 G3 server with the latest BIOS, firmware,etc.

When we login to the ILO, where and what are we supposed to click on to
force the server to reboot when it's hung?

We are testing this...
Forum: Compaq Servers April 27th 08, 12:04 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By just bob
Proliant DL380 G3 random reboots

"Phil" wrote in message

"just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote in message
Forum: Compaq Servers April 23rd 08, 11:02 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By just bob
Proliant DL380 G3 random reboots

Running Windows Server 2003 SP2 we cannot figure our why a Compaq DL380 G3
server is randomly rebooting and I would like some advice on diagnostics and
troubleshooting before I call Compaq.

This...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 17th 07, 11:59 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By just bob
reuse encrypted hard drive?

Thanks for the quick response, Rod.

We are not worried about the system partitions because I expect the
manufacturer can run a rebuild disk or similar which will create the
original partitions. I...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 17th 07, 11:38 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By just bob
reuse encrypted hard drive?

If a hard drive, say from a laptop, has a hard drive password, is there a
way to wipe the drive of the password, the data, and everything so the drive
could be reimaged?

We are testing some...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 8th 07, 07:36 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By just bob
NAS Replicaiton

"Arno Wagner" wrote in message
Previously just bob kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:
I recently started peeking at SAN features including...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 7th 07, 07:05 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By just bob
Need a box for SATA hard drives

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
just bob kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:

I've been putting single drives in a USB or firewaire...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 7th 07, 06:03 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By just bob
NAS Replicaiton

I recently started peeking at SAN features including replication but I'm
wondering if a NAS devices can have this feature, too.I would love to buy a
couple inexpensive NAS devices and have them...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 25th 07, 12:24 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By just bob
Need a box for SATA hard drives

"Timothy Daniels" wrote in message
"just bob" wrote:
I've been putting single drives in a USB or firewaire unit for...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 24th 07, 10:38 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By just bob
network backup service providers

The livevault service is great. www.livevault.com

But I use them for small remote offices which do not have databases, tape
drives and people to manage both. We do not use them for exchange or...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 24th 07, 10:01 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By just bob
Any external 1GB drives that DON'T use two physical drives?

I am sure there are others but just today I was reading about one: Buffalo
has a unit which holds four drives, 1TB each.

"Fred Finisterre" wrote in message...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 24th 07, 09:52 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By just bob
Need a box for SATA hard drives

I've been putting single drives in a USB or firewaire unit for a long time.
These boxes are cheap, like $30, right? So I want to find me a box I can
stick four disks in for say $100.

Do you have...
Forum: Dell Computers August 8th 07, 05:04 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By just bob
Slower Than Dell

I can only say every time we order any computer from Dell, most recently
D420 and D630, it takes more than a week.

"Greg" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers August 7th 07, 06:59 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By just bob
What happened to Intel Speed Step?

We've got a bunch of Lats D800, 810, 820, 620, 630 and 420.

Recently a guy asked me how he could conserve battery on a plane and
reviewing the Windows XP power and Quickset controls it seems I can...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 7th 07, 12:29 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By just bob
LTO3 vs DLT-S4? (Magnum 224 vs a SuperLoader3)?

"markm75" wrote in message
On Jul 4, 1:50 am, "just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:
The Brightstor log reports...
Forum: Scanners July 7th 07, 12:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.scanner
Replies: 3
Posted By just bob
large format Scanner rental in SF Bay Area?

"Father Kodak" wrote in message
On Mon, 2 Jul 2007 11:39:38 -0700, "just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom
wrote:

Any...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 5th 07, 05:24 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By just bob
LTO3 vs DLT-S4? (Magnum 224 vs a SuperLoader3)?

"markm75" wrote in message
On Jul 4, 8:59 am, markm75 wrote:
On Jul 4, 1:50 am, "just bob"...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 5th 07, 05:22 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By just bob
LTO3 vs DLT-S4? (Magnum 224 vs a SuperLoader3)?

"markm75" wrote in message

So the 472 MB/min is your server, across network, to backup
workstation speed? ...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 4th 07, 06:52 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By just bob
Installing XP on Sata Raid - ARRGGH !!

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" ritaberk2O04 @aol.com wrote in message
just bob wrote:

Maybe I'm wrong but a real RAID system does not need drivers to
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51