Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Paul in Houston TX
Forum: General July 20th 14, 05:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 33
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
PC camera at top of 20-foot pole, wired or wireless?

micky wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 18:57:20 -0400, micky
wrote:

I want to attach a video camera to the top of a 20 foot pole and see
what the camera sees. ...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 9th 13, 07:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
GA-Z87X-UD4H: No USB Power?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
In the process of building up a GA-Z87X-UD4H system, I notice that there
does not seem to be any power available on either the USB2 or USB3
outlets. I have not tried...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards July 31st 13, 08:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Mystery Alarm on EP45-UD3L

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
I get an audio tone from my EP45-UD3L during periods of heavy lifting -
sometimes intermittent, sometimes steady.

Right now, running an app called HandBrake which is...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 9th 12, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Looking for serial cable for ga790gpt-ud3h

robby wrote:
Looking to finally add a serial port output to my system. Do not want to
use a USB to Serial adapter. Have tried to google and just went around
in circles. Tried Newegg, about...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards April 18th 12, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Determining CPU Temp?

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Reading the docs for SpeedFan, I get the impression that a
third-party app cannot tell for sure which temperatures are
which.

Is there some GigaByte-specific utility...
Forum: General April 1st 12, 06:48 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Paperless faxing - prices dropping?

Loony wrote:
Hello Experts :-)

I have been looking for a paperless fax machine, to replace the garbage
like ImpactColor something or other.

The prices seem to be dropping quickly.
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards October 3rd 11, 03:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
NTLDR problem not a Windows problem: BIOS Corrupted

arnieb wrote:
Hi,
I have a GA-880GA-UD3H Rev 3.0 board. I was in the process of
recovering from a Win7-64 crash when I got the message, NTLDR Missing.
I swapped in my old drive with the...
Forum: Dell Computers September 28th 11, 05:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 24
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Searching for Basic PC Recommendation

Daave wrote:
A little old lady I know has a PC that's about nine years old (it has XP
Home). She basically uses it for general Web browsing and occasional
word processing. She would like a...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards July 14th 11, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Z68X-UD3-B3 Quirks

Brian Dude wrote:
It was in fact my inadequate power supply. I got a 750W and it boots
fine. Thank you.

Thanks for the update.
Glad its working again :)
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 28th 11, 12:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Z68X-UD3-B3 Quirks

Brian Dude wrote:
Hello, I recently upgraded my CPU and MB from an Intel Pentium D with an
Intel D945PSN board to a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3-B3 with a Sandy Bridge. I
kept almost all my previous...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 22nd 11, 07:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Can Gigabyte ep35c-ds3r v2.1 support DDR3 1600 RAM?

Paul wrote:
Workbug wrote:
On Jun 21, 12:11 pm, Workbug wrote:
I'm intending to upgrade this old computer of mine a little, since its
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards June 22nd 11, 12:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Workbug wrote:
On Jun 21, 12:11 pm, Workbug wrote:
I'm intending to upgrade this old computer of mine a little, since its
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40Ghz is still...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards February 10th 11, 02:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
essvr.exe shuts down at desktop. What is essvr.exe?

Bob Smith wrote:
I just bought a Gigabyte 880GM-UD2H mobo. It was a CPU mobo combo deal
(CPU - DualCore AMD Athlon II X2 255, 3100 MHz (15.5 x 200) 3.1GIG). I
keep getting this error message at...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards December 16th 10, 06:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Building a PC - bundle suggestions

Ed Light wrote:
On 12/15/2010 4:18 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:
Ed Light wrote:
Is there a utility to show the actual monitor refresh rate?

Interesting idea. I don't know the answer...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards December 16th 10, 12:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

Ed Light wrote:
Is there a utility to show the actual monitor refresh rate?

Interesting idea. I don't know the answer though.
My eyes do pretty good and can tell the difference
between 60, 72,...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards December 15th 10, 12:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Building a PC - bundle suggestions

Ed Light wrote:
Paul, what OS are you using?

Thanks.

XP2. Will probably stick with it until there is
no software left for 32 bit o/s's. :)
Yea, I know, 6 gig ram and only 3.5 works. :(
I...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards December 15th 10, 12:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 1
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Does Gigabyte RAID 5 have standby drive autorecover?

Nick Mirro wrote:
We want to replace an old HP proliant server with RAID 5. HP server
bios allows config of an unused standby drive to automatically kick
in
if any active drive in the array...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards December 14th 10, 06:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Building a PC - bundle suggestions

Ed Light wrote:
Paul, did you get the monitor driver?

Got them from HP: hp9500.inf and icm.
Tried them and generic inf and icm files.
They did not work. The refresh rate on the ATI
card cannot be...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards December 14th 10, 04:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Building a PC - bundle suggestions

Ed Light wrote:
On 12/13/2010 4:40 PM, Paul in Houston TX wrote:

The problem I had with ATI is that the are made for LCD monitors
and locked at 60 Hz. I prefer my 19" CRT at home.

Did...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards December 14th 10, 12:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Building a PC - bundle suggestions

Ed Light wrote:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128431

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-cpu-core-i3-athlon-ii-x4,2791-2.html

Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards December 13th 10, 11:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 21
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Building a PC - bundle suggestions

Phat_Jethro wrote:
Hey all,

I am looking at helping my bro build a budget mid-range gaming PC for my
niece.
To keep costs down I was thinking of going the AMD route to get good
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards December 13th 10, 01:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.perips.mainboard.giga-byte
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Official Gigabyte forum e-mail problems?

Ant wrote:
A few days ago, I signed up for a new forum account on
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk ... I have been waiting for its
activation e-mail, but it never came. I requested to...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards December 12th 10, 03:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.perips.mainboard.giga-byte
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Official Gigabyte forum e-mail problems?

Ant wrote:
On 12/10/2010 3:43 PM PT, Paul in Houston TX typed:

A few days ago, I signed up for a new forum account on
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk ... I have been waiting for its
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards December 10th 10, 11:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.perips.mainboard.giga-byte
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Official Gigabyte forum e-mail problems?

Ant wrote:
Hello.

A few days ago, I signed up for a new forum account on
http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk ... I have been waiting for its activation
e-mail, but it never came. I requested to...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards December 10th 10, 06:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.perips.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul in Houston TX
Upgrading my computer to GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R with an i7 950CPU...

Ant wrote:
On 12/7/2010 4:35 PM PT, Paul in Houston TX typed:

I am thinking of replacing my current motherboard, CPU, RAM, etc. to
an Intel i7 950 CPU, GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28