Showing results 1 to 25 of 454
Search took 3.94 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sparky Spartacus
Forum: Dell Computers May 17th 07, 11:53 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
Windows Recovery Console password.

Brad wrote:
My dell 8400 won't boot, I get a blue screen Stop: 0x0000007B

The 0000007B stop means a problem with the disk subsystem. Any changes,
anything new, anything getting flaky, etc.?
Forum: Dell Computers May 10th 07, 02:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
(OT) Do you consider WildTangent to be spyware?

Journey wrote:
On Wed, 09 May 2007 13:12:07 -0400, Ben Myers
wrote:

WildTangent. Spyware? Adware? Slimeware? All of the above. Get rid of
Forum: Dell Computers May 10th 07, 02:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
Which Video Card?

Compulady wrote:
Both NVIDIO and ATI cards are the same price on the 1505 laptop. Why
would I choose one card over the other?

I'd go with the nvidia based on prior problems with ATI drivers and...
Forum: Dell Computers May 10th 07, 02:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
Intermittent NMI Parity Error BSOD's on an XPS700

S.Lewis wrote:
"Sparky Spartacus" wrote in message

snip

Sparky -

Interesting you mention the systemboard as I've...
Forum: Dell Computers May 9th 07, 04:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

S.Lewis wrote:
"Sparky Spartacus" wrote in message
The subject pretty much says it all. I can take 2 hits in a day or go
Forum: Dell Computers May 8th 07, 07:49 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
Intermittent NMI Parity Error BSOD's on an XPS700

The subject pretty much says it all. I can take 2 hits in a day or go
weeks without one. I ran memtest for hours (plus PC memory isn't parity
checked anyway) without a pee, as well as Dell's...
Forum: Dell Computers April 30th 07, 01:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 36
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
Browser Hijack - Help

Dowell wrote:
"Hank Arnold" wrote in message
I would suggest you look into FireFox as an alternative to IE.

Bottom line, though,...
Forum: Dell Computers April 30th 07, 01:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 36
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
Browser Hijack - Help

Fergus wrote:

snip

restore from you back up..............you do have a back up don't you.

If you mean do I have a separate system that makes an exact copy of my
entire computer...
Forum: Dell Computers April 21st 07, 02:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 31
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
XP and Vista

Ben Myers wrote:
I like that comparison of Gates and a drug dealer. "Hey, wanna taste of
Windows?" Very creative... Ben

Thanks, Ben, and the "**** you, pay me!" is straight from Goodfellas. ...
Forum: Dell Computers April 21st 07, 10:07 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 31
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
XP and Vista

Ben Myers wrote:
First, I heard on the radio today that Dell has stopped shipping systems with
Vista due to poor customer experience, so it's back to XP. WOW! What a
concept.

Second, I...
Forum: Dell Computers April 19th 07, 11:33 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 0
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
Moving Day for That Vista Machine

April 19, 2007
Basics
Moving Day for That Vista Machine
By LARRY MAGID

BUYING a new computer is a lot like buying or renting a new home. First
you have to pick it out and pay for it, and then you...
Forum: Dell Computers March 19th 07, 01:59 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 34
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
More Vista Horror from someone who downloaded it and had problems-- no DVD to fix it!

Ben Myers wrote:
Can't you Google?

Lom people, a Gypsy group, mainly in the Caucasus.
Herbert Lom is an international film actor.

Was, he's been seriously dead for many years now. Best...
Forum: Dell Computers March 19th 07, 01:57 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 34
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
More Vista Horror from someone who downloaded it and had problems-- no DVD to fix it!

Ben Myers wrote:
Windows NOT running a car has been beaten to death. A Windows-controlled
toothbrush, now that's a brilliant idea. No doubt it would have a root canal
option? ... Ben...
Forum: Dell Computers March 17th 07, 06:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
Steer Clear of Windows Vista Basic

Steer Clear of Windows Vista Basic
ARTICLE DATE: 02.14.07
By Lance Ulanoff

Windows Vista Home Basic could be the most pointless edition of Windows
that Microsoft has ever released. Let me be...
Forum: Dell Computers March 17th 07, 06:38 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 34
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
More Vista Horror from someone who downloaded it and had problems-- no DVD to fix it!

Doug Jacobs wrote:
Ben Myers wrote:
Microsoft is appealing to a lot of people who are not in their right minds, and
succeeding. Ka ching goes the...
Forum: Dell Computers March 17th 07, 06:37 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Nicholas Andrade wrote:
Ben Myers wrote:
Microsoft is appealing to a lot of people who are not in their right minds, and
succeeding. Ka ching goes the Microsoft cash register.

Forum: Dell Computers March 17th 07, 06:35 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 34
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
More Vista Horror from someone who downloaded it and had problems-- no DVD to fix it!

Doug Jacobs wrote:
RnR wrote:

So far everything I've read indicates XP runs faster than Vista but
whether you can actually see it I can't say. Some people who have
tried Vista want to...
Forum: Dell Computers March 17th 07, 06:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 34
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
More Vista Horror from someone who downloaded it and had problems-- no DVD to fix it!

Ben Myers wrote:
I hate to sound cynical again, but I have NEVER seen a Windows release faster
than its predecessor with the possible exception of Windows 95. And Windows 95
was faster on a...
Forum: Dell Computers March 17th 07, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 34
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
More Vista Horror from someone who downloaded it and had problems-- no DVD to fix it!

journey wrote:
On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:15:29 -0500, Ben Myers
wrote:

Stay tuned. Vista may push people over the edge to Linux or Mac OS X... Ben

Forum: Dell Computers March 17th 07, 01:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
Rcvd Outlet X410, only Recognizes 3G RAM

Tom Lake wrote:
Don't follow you here. If the computer has 4GB of RAM, then a 64 bit OS
makes no difference because PCI devices, video cards, etc., must still be
mapped into the 4GB.

Forum: Dell Computers March 16th 07, 07:26 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
Rcvd Outlet X410, only Recognizes 3G RAM

Phil wrote:

snip

If I understand correctly, 32-bit operating systems have a maximum
memory address space of 4GB,

True

part of which will be allocated to various
Forum: Dell Computers March 16th 07, 07:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 74
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
Will Dell OEM Vista install on another Dell PC?

Lez Pawl wrote:
"Barry Watzman" wrote in message
Such rationalization.

There is a big difference between...
Forum: Dell Computers March 16th 07, 07:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 74
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
Will Dell OEM Vista install on another Dell PC?

Lez Pawl wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message ...
PeterD wrote:
On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:15:55 -0400, "Pinger"
Forum: Dell Computers March 16th 07, 07:00 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 74
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
Will Dell OEM Vista install on another Dell PC?

Tom Scales wrote:
Sorry, but you have no clue if you believe this to be true.

The operating system is 'owned' by the computer on which it came. Same with
any eligible upgrades. It is...
Forum: Dell Computers March 16th 07, 06:55 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 74
Posted By Sparky Spartacus
Will Dell OEM Vista install on another Dell PC?

Journey wrote:
On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:12:55 -0400, "Tom Scales"
wrote:

Wow, what a great rationalization.

So, for companies and owners that are losing money,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 454