Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jarod (the puppy)
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 21st 07, 09:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Jarod (the puppy)
Video card blocking pci slots.

"KW" == "Kevin Weaver" writes:

Kevin, I am not one to spend other's money, but I would get a new
MoBo with more slots if that is the problem.

If the new heat exchange system doesn't work correctly,...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 21st 07, 09:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Jarod (the puppy)
Really need help with ongoing problem with slow FPS on a game.

"SF" == "Skybuck Flying" writes:

Bad news.

I powered up the machine and went into the BIOS. There are no AGP
settings there.

Nor is there settings for the apature size.

So sorry, but it doesn't...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 18th 07, 12:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Jarod (the puppy)
Really need help with ongoing problem with slow FPS on a game.

"P" == "Paul" writes:

AARRGGHH!!

That is the "Last resort" option.

I dread having to go through the motions of remembering all the
programs I have installed, having to re-install them, then...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 18th 07, 12:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Jarod (the puppy)
Really need help with ongoing problem with slow FPS on a game.

"MES" == "Mr.E Solved!" writes:

Ok, going through your replies:

Oh, did I mention I am on DIAL-UP? (and the 'C' key doesn't always
work)

I don't want to say "no" to you but I am confused to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 17th 07, 11:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Jarod (the puppy)
Really need help with ongoing problem with slow FPS on a game.

"SF" == "Skybuck Flying" writes:

Thanks Skybuck.

Now I really make myself look silly.

1: Where?

2: Done. Yes cable connected.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 17th 07, 12:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Jarod (the puppy)
Really need help with ongoing problem with slow FPS on a game.

This problem is OLD.

I think it was about a year ago when it first happened and I still am
stuck to what is going on.

Since then the machine has hardly been used, so details are sketchy
at best.
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 25th 06, 01:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 11
Posted By Jarod (the puppy)
DMI memory pool errors. HELP! - all ok now.

To all who replied.

Thanks for the help.

I've given up on the probelm as such.

My other problem was a faulty power supply.

I'm guessing it could be the same with the first problem too,...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 18th 06, 07:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 11
Posted By Jarod (the puppy)
DMI memory pool errors. HELP! Update - new problem.

Barry,

Thanks for the help with the "initial" problem.

Chols, thanks for the "extra settings" in the bios too.

Handy.

Things learnt in the mean time:
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 12th 06, 10:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 11
Posted By Jarod (the puppy)
DMI memory pool errors. HELP!

"C" == "Chols" writes:

Thanks.

I'll try that.

I think I tried that, but nothing happened. Dunno. Shall try again
though.
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 10th 06, 10:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 11
Posted By Jarod (the puppy)
DMI memory pool errors. HELP!

"BW" == "Barry Watzman" writes:

Is memtest (either version) part of windows XP or a program from the
net?

Yes granted about the new disc, new format etc....

But how do I force the boot from that...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 10th 06, 09:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 11
Posted By Jarod (the puppy)
DMI memory pool errors. HELP!

"BW" == "Barry Watzman" writes:

Barry, thanks for the info.

Someone else has this diagnostic CD which shall soon be sent to me.

I don't know what it is called, but it is supposed to be good. ...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 9th 06, 09:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 11
Posted By Jarod (the puppy)
DMI memory pool errors. HELP!

Barry, update:

Ok, I tried a couple of other things first, but they failed.

Couldn't get to the battery easily, so I had to get the machine out
and finally get it out.

For the sake of curiosity, I...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 8th 06, 09:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 11
Posted By Jarod (the puppy)
DMI memory pool errors. HELP!

"BW" == "Barry Watzman" writes:

Thanks.

Shall try.

Dumb question: Where's the battery? Don't worry. I'll dig up the
manual and find it.

Just a quickie, for the sake of trying, I did a "load...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards November 7th 06, 11:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 11
Posted By Jarod (the puppy)
DMI memory pool errors. HELP!

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-8IPE 1000 Pro2