Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: VinceV
Forum: Compaq Servers October 4th 07, 04:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 11
Posted By VinceV
Problem installing NT 4 Server on DL380 G2

As an alternative I suggest you install Windows 2003 server and then
run NT 4 on the free MS virtual server product.

I have successfully used this combination to support...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 26th 07, 05:19 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 11
Posted By VinceV
Proliant 2500 BIOS/utilities?

On Jul 19, 10:05 pm, Huub "v.niekerk at hccnet.nl" wrote:

I want to install Slackware Linux 12 on a Proliant 2500 with a
raidcontroller/3 disks, but when I try to access F10 - System...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 24th 07, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 11
Posted By VinceV
Proliant 2500 BIOS/utilities?

this is what i was hoping for ...

thanks for weighing in with your input, Vince.

- LC

I have 4 of those running Gentoo and cranking out web pages. They are
rock solid. The 1850's have...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 24th 07, 05:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 11
Posted By VinceV
Proliant 2500 BIOS/utilities?

The biggest gotcha with linux and an older Proliant like the 2500 is
that the memory detection doesn't work right. It has nothing to do
with the settings in the SCU. You'll need to manually set the...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 10th 07, 12:01 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By VinceV
Slightly OT question about network setup..

Rick,

Check out M0n0wall. (www.m0n0.ch) Its a freeBSD Based firewall/
router that meets all of the criteria that you listed.

Its designed to run on PC based hardware and there are...
Forum: Compaq Servers May 17th 07, 11:25 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 6
Posted By VinceV
Extending array

You might want to give this how to a read
http://www.howtoforge.com/linux_resizing_ext3_partitions

It deals primarily with ext3 formatted partitions. You didn't say
which one you used.

VinceV
Forum: Compaq Servers May 17th 07, 10:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 4
Posted By VinceV
Proliant 2500 not booting from SmartStart 5.50 CD

Did you burn this to a CDR? I've found that the older CD ROM drives
have a hard time with CD-RW media.

VinceV

On May 17, 4:03 am, Trojan Hussar wrote:
This is a thread...
Forum: Compaq Servers March 20th 07, 08:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By VinceV
Does anyone need some old gear?

What are the spec's on the DL360 G2 ?

I'm not sure that one is leaving, its supposed to be my SBS 2003
server when I get the add on storage array. The decision will wait
until we choose the...
Forum: Compaq Servers March 20th 07, 06:17 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By VinceV
Does anyone need some old gear?

It looks like it will soon be moving time for me so I need to unload
some gear (so I don't have to move it)

2, Proliant 2500. 1 Rack mount, 1 tower, each has 1 gig ram Dual PPro
200s, 5 9 gig...
Forum: Compaq Servers December 1st 06, 10:37 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 2
Posted By VinceV
Compaq ML350 G2 Kernel Panic

This sounds like a memory issues to me.

Have you checked the ram in the machine? (Amount and functionality)

VinceV

Maartens wrote:
Hello there,
Forum: Compaq Servers September 27th 06, 09:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 16
Posted By VinceV
Moving from an SA3200 -- SA5300..

Rick,

Expect to make changes in /etc/fstab too

The 5300 uses different drivers than the 3200.

Rick F. wrote:

Apparently my root path will change from something like :
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11