Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 6.85 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: gg
Forum: Intel July 17th 10, 05:15 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 3
Posted By gg
i3 540 vs core quad q8300

thx all. your input is much appreciated.

"gg" wrote in message
pardon my ignore, which system would be faster for widows 7 as workstation
Forum: Intel July 15th 10, 08:35 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 3
Posted By gg
i3 540 vs core quad q8300

pardon my ignore, which system would be faster for widows 7 as workstation
running ms office 2007 suite, accounting (simply, quickbook):
i3 540 (3.06GHz) with 4 GB ddr3, Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2H
vs core...
Forum: Intel June 8th 10, 07:13 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 16
Posted By gg
New unlocked Intel CPUs hit the market, for cheap

1. Why would someone read comp.sys.intel for advice about buying AMD
processors?
for one, I don't expect AMD but Intel
if the group named something like intel-compatable or x86 I would expect...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 24th 10, 08:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By gg
p5q-e raid 5 question

I am currently using a 3 500GB Seagate Sata Drive raid 5 volume and is about
to run out of space.

Is it wise to add a brand new Seagate 500GB Sata drive to the volume. The
volume is the system boot...
Forum: Intel November 12th 09, 01:36 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 3
Posted By gg
dg31pr and vt

apparently it also depends on the cpu, the particular E7400 I had did not
support VT

that is very confusing and frustrating!

"gg" wrote in...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 13th 09, 03:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By gg
Asus P5Q-E

thank you, everyone.

looked like it was the Microsoft ergo keyboard keyboard 4000 v 1 driver that
caused the initial crash. unfortunately, so far, have not found a newer
version of driver.

Last...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 11th 09, 06:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By gg
Asus P5Q-E

The Vista ultimate 64 crashed last night from driver power state on the
keyboard.

When I reboot I saw the raid volume 0 being labelled in yellow as Rebuild.
when I select to see detail I saw
"Raid...
Forum: Intel August 31st 09, 01:50 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By gg
Vista Ultimate 64 bit

I got vista 64 running office xp Pro. no problem with word or any part
thereof.
The only problem I have is with a tablet which the vendor did not make the
proper vista driver for.

I have usb drives,...
Forum: Intel August 29th 09, 09:20 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 3
Posted By gg
dg31pr and vt

looks like dp31pr does not support vt fully as windows 2008 x64 complained
it could not add the hyper-v feature as the required VT was not enabled or
not supported by mainboard.

Is there a setting...
Forum: Intel April 22nd 09, 05:45 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 3
Posted By gg
Intel dg31PR and pice video card

before any beep. but it does boot with 512 MB 9500 series

"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message
gg wrote:
It seems DG31PR mainboard with 4GB RAM...
Forum: Intel April 5th 09, 05:58 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 3
Posted By gg
Intel dg31PR and pice video card

It seems DG31PR mainboard with 4GB RAM does not boot with 1GB PCIe evga 8000
series

Is there a bios update or other word around?
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 8th 08, 04:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 0
Posted By gg
P5Q-E and SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 3650 512MB

Will I have any problem with SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 3650 512MB on a P5Q-E based
with 2 kits of Corsair 4GB XMS2-6400 DMX TWIN2X Dual Channel DDR2 Kit (2 x
2GB) (TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX)?
Will the board...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards September 13th 08, 06:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By gg
X48-DQ6

just curious why would you use beck on board that is more or less catered to
gamer?

did you see any ecc Ram listed in the qvl RAM...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 28th 08, 05:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By gg
Any comments about P5Q PRO?

don't know much about Foxconn quality but The on I used from foxconn will
reboot if I plug/unplug USB devices not so carefully.

the MB from foxconn is certainly cheap

"Kent_Diego" ...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 2nd 08, 06:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By gg
any actual end user experience on P5Q Prem or other P5Q?

your actual user experience is much appreciated esp. with full configuration
for system with 8GB running at 1066 stable for 64 bit Windows and raid
thank you
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 27th 08, 05:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 14
Posted By gg
Any new Asus boards that support ECC?

false ad by asus
quoting
http://asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=2070&l1=3&l2=11&l3=640&l4=0
"4 x DIMM, Max. 8 GB, DDR2 1200*/1066/800/667 ECC,Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory
"

"Patrick Vervoorn"...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 2nd 08, 06:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By gg
A difficult choise - Maximus Formula/P5Q Deluxe or P5K Premium Black Pearl

pardon me for jumping in.

1. what is the meaning of "5000hrs" vrm as in "100% High-quality Japan-made
Conductive Polymer Capacitors! (5000hrs VRM)"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 28th 08, 06:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 39
Posted By gg
Asus M2A-VM: Would a dedicated video card be an improvement?

yes, it will help reduce swapfile delay however memory may take longer as ti
may require translation

IN that case I would go with more than 4GB on a 64 bit assuming I have the
right software for...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 28th 08, 06:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 36
Posted By gg
Asus M2A-VM: Would a dedicated video card be an improvement?

yes, it will help reduce swapfile delay however memory may take longer as ti
may require translation

IN that case I would go with more than 4GB on a 64 bit assuming I have the
right software for...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 28th 08, 06:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 40
Posted By gg
Asus M2A-VM: Would a dedicated video card be an improvement?

yes, it will help reduce swapfile delay however memory may take longer as ti
may require translation

IN that case I would go with more than 4GB on a 64 bit assuming I have the
right software for...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 26th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 40
Posted By gg
Asus M2A-VM: Would a dedicated video card be an improvement?

I believe the built-in card uses system memory from the pc. if so it would
reduce the memory avail for your video editing
also nothing wrong with disable the internal video and use something...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 26th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 36
Posted By gg
Asus M2A-VM: Would a dedicated video card be an improvement?

I believe the built-in card uses system memory from the pc. if so it would
reduce the memory avail for your video editing
also nothing wrong with disable the internal video and use something...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 26th 08, 09:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 39
Posted By gg
Asus M2A-VM: Would a dedicated video card be an improvement?

I believe the built-in card uses system memory from the pc. if so it would
reduce the memory avail for your video editing
also nothing wrong with disable the internal video and use something...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 26th 08, 09:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By gg
Could I be fighting a "To much memory" problem?

go trying lowering to 2 or 3 GB as suggested by ytrewq

you can also look into configuring your GPU, main board with regard to
memory
or if you don't have any device driver problem with xp pro 74...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 25th 08, 04:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By gg
For once, a pleasant download surprise...

I understood you said downloading files are faster after Acer let Akamai
handle the ftp traffic

I was just try to point out that web surfing experience with ASUS
improved also with the .com...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57