Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Trojan Hussar
Forum: Compaq Servers October 14th 09, 01:59 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 0
Posted By Trojan Hussar
Compaq Proliant ML350 (G1) no longer booting

Anyone know if the LEDs inside are in any way diagnostic? I have an
ML350 G1 which I just sold on eBay and typically in the last week it
has developed a fault (it worked fine when I listed it).

I...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 19th 07, 02:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By Trojan Hussar
Multi-processor machine, only showing a single processor in OS [SOLVED!]

SOLVED!!!

I went into the SCU again, and set the OS type to 'Other' rebooted and
when it loaded the OS there was still only one CPU being reported. So
I used the SCU to change the OS back to Linux...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 19th 07, 02:14 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By Trojan Hussar
Multi-processor machine, only showing a single processor in OS

On 18 Sep, 17:55, "NuT CrAcKeR"
wrote:
Yah, you have to go into the SCU and set yer OS to Unix/Other.

only then will you actually get 4 proc's in yer...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 19th 07, 01:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Trojan Hussar
Any know the compaq part number for a VRM for an ML350?

On 18 Sep, 21:21, peacekeeper wrote:
On 18 sep, 12:06, Trojan Hussar wrote:

I have a ML350 (G1) which is currently running a single PIII 600
Forum: Compaq Servers September 18th 07, 11:06 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Trojan Hussar
Any know the compaq part number for a VRM for an ML350?

I have a ML350 (G1) which is currently running a single PIII 600
(133MHz FSB), and it uses a VRM with the part numbers
330638-001/329267-001. I'm planning to drop a pair of 933MHz PIIIs
into it but...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 18th 07, 10:47 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By Trojan Hussar
Multi-processor machine, only showing a single processor in OS

Thought I'd try here as I'm getting no help in Ubuntuforum.org...

I have a Proliant 5500 which is currently running three Xeon 550MHz
processors, I've installed Ubuntu Server 7.04 and it has auto...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 18th 07, 10:42 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By Trojan Hussar
Possible to remove Proliant 8500 style heatsink from a Xeon 550MHz?

heatsink. The 8500 heatsink is held on by 5 torx and the processor
retention clip. Remove them all and then firmly pull the heat...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 15th 07, 10:46 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By Trojan Hussar
Possible to remove Proliant 8500 style heatsink from a Xeon 550MHz?

I've just got out a spare 500MHz Xeon and the heatsink is held on with
a simple metal clip, so it shouldn't be an issue to remove it. I've
never had the opportunity to handle a Xeon with the...
Forum: Compaq Servers September 12th 07, 01:18 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By Trojan Hussar
Possible to remove Proliant 8500 style heatsink from a Xeon 550MHz?

I have a Proliant 5500 Xeon which currently has a pair of SL3CF (2Mb
cache) 550MHz Xeon's. In the UK it's proving difficult to find this
stepping and those which I am finding are equipped with...
Forum: Printers September 9th 07, 12:00 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Trojan Hussar
Konica-Minolta 2300 Series (DL & W models) paper feed problems - anyone else had this?

I've cleaned the paper path and rollers and there would appear to be
no physical blockage, the fact that occasionally the paper does emerge
albeit folded very neatly would seem to suggest there is no...
Forum: Printers September 7th 07, 02:25 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By Trojan Hussar
Konica-Minolta 2300 Series (DL & W models) paper feed problems - anyone else had this?

I posted around a year ago regarding a paper feed problem with my
Konica Minolta 2300DL reporting phantom paper jams. Having picked up
the paper it didn't reach the second set of rollers quick enough...
Forum: Compaq Servers August 21st 07, 01:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 1
Posted By Trojan Hussar
IDE drives on an ML350

I have a G1 ML350 happily running Ubuntu 7.04 Server, now I recently
noticed during a RAM upgrade that this has a secondary IDE channel
available as well as a cradle for a 3.5" drive in the top 5.25"...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 1st 07, 11:21 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 4
Posted By Trojan Hussar
Proliant 2500 not booting from SmartStart 5.50 CD

In the end I dug out a generic x52 CD-ROM drive and it booted from the
SmartStart CD first time, obviously the SmartStart boot sectors are
more picky about the type of drives they like to be read...
Forum: Compaq Servers May 17th 07, 12:03 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 4
Posted By Trojan Hussar
Proliant 2500 not booting from SmartStart 5.50 CD

This is a thread I originally posted around two years ago, that time I
found a workaround, this time I can't figure it out.

I have a Proliant 2500 Dual PPro 200, 384Mb, 221 disk controller....
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14