Replies: 6
Posted By Rick F.
Anything in the front right corner of a Storageworks 4300 series enclosure?

On 2007-05-29, Barry OGrady wrote:
On 07 Mar 2007 16:38:35 GMT, "Rick F." wrote:

For those of you that remember, I won an auction on Ebay for a...
Forum: Compaq Servers May 18th 07, 12:54 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 4
Posted By Rick F.
Proliant 2500 not booting from SmartStart 5.50 CD

On 2007-05-17, VinceV wrote:
Did you burn this to a CDR? I've found that the older CD ROM drives
have a hard time with CD-RW media.

For some reason that SmartStart CD (not sure if...
Forum: Compaq Servers May 17th 07, 09:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 6
Posted By Rick F.
Extending array

On 2007-05-16, Shiraz wrote:
On May 16, 9:42 am, "NuT CrAcKeR"
wrote:
"Shiraz" wrote in message

Forum: Compaq Servers April 26th 07, 04:34 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 9
Posted By Rick F.
Question about redundant power supplies

On 2007-04-26, Phil wrote:
Rick,
Some OS and/or versions won't utilize all 4 cpu's anyway. Check your OS.

Thanks Phil.. I'm actually running Fedora Core 6 and it is...
Forum: Compaq Servers April 26th 07, 01:36 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

On 2007-04-25, Phil wrote:

40 is rather high unless you have every option that can be had. If it is 4
cpu, and in your case you don't need them, remove two cpu's and...
Forum: Compaq Servers April 24th 07, 04:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

On 2007-04-24, Phil wrote:

Two supplies will increase the current, but only slightly. The additional
fan of the added supply consumes the most extra power but that's...
Forum: Compaq Servers April 24th 07, 12:53 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

On 2007-04-23, Jez T wrote:

The power consumption of a server remains the same whether on 1 or 2 power
supplies. For a power supply to be redundant, it...
Forum: Compaq Servers April 23rd 07, 09:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 9
Posted By Rick F.
Question about redundant power supplies

Hi all.. Seems busy in here lately.. Anyway, just a quick question about
redundant power supplies on any Proliants (since I suspect they'll all
pretty much act the same).. I've got a 6400R with dual...
Forum: Compaq Servers March 26th 07, 06:19 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 8
Posted By Rick F.
Transferring RAID config to One Channel to another

On 2007-03-26, Pandi K wrote:

As I already told you, In my Smart arrry 642 controller, two SCSI
Channels are there..

(Smart array 642
Controller which has one...
Forum: Compaq Servers March 13th 07, 10:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 7
Posted By Rick F.
RAID drive replacement help!!

On 2007-03-13, Nut Cracker wrote:

I have seen that happen with Dell PERC controllers ... A LOT. Dell even has
a name for the event, which they call...
Forum: Compaq Servers March 13th 07, 09:34 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

On 2007-03-13, Nut Cracker wrote:

Pop the failing drive, and replace. All three of the LED's on the disk
should start flashing, indicating that its...
Forum: Compaq Servers March 9th 07, 05:16 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

On 2007-03-09, Phil wrote:

That or Less, I have a variety of those units, branded HP and Compaq. As
long as you have the modules, the 4214 and 4314 will work,...
Forum: Compaq Servers March 8th 07, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

On 2007-03-08, Phil wrote:
What ya give for a cage with no ps and cards? shipping would be much cheaper
that way.

Are you offering one? I paid $51 for this now goofed...
Forum: Compaq Servers March 7th 07, 04:38 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 6
Posted By Rick F.
Anything in the front right corner of a Storageworks 4300 series enclosure?

For those of you that remember, I won an auction on Ebay for a storageworks
enclosure only to find that it arrived damaged. The damage seems to be only
in the front right corner of the chassis which...
Forum: Compaq Servers February 19th 07, 06:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 7
Posted By Rick F.
Using old SA 3200 controller in new computer

On 2007-02-18, T-Man wrote:

I am bulding a new computer based on a Asus M2NPV-VM motherboard, and
was thinking of keeping the Smart Array Controller and the...
Forum: Compaq Servers February 14th 07, 06:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 2
Posted By Rick F.
Anyone ever resurrect a dead fan on a powersupply...

On 2007-02-14, NuTCrAcKeR wrote:

i have resurrected dead power supplies from the old PL4000/4500 era ...
there is a fuse that was 'unofficially' user...
Forum: Compaq Servers February 13th 07, 04:57 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 2
Posted By Rick F.
Anyone ever resurrect a dead fan on a powersupply...

My Proliant 6400 ate a power supply last week (leaving me in a single PS
configuration for the time being -- no spares right now).. Anyway, is it
worth my time & effort to take apart the bad supply...
Forum: Compaq Servers February 7th 07, 04:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 7
Posted By Rick F.
New latest acquisition...

On 2007-02-07, NuTCrAcKeR wrote:

my experience with UPS is that they take the damaged gear. You might want to
take all the good drives from the box before...
Forum: Compaq Servers February 7th 07, 06:35 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 7
Posted By Rick F.
New latest acquisition...

On 2007-01-30, mchero wrote:

Congrats on the purchase. Let us know what your needing when it arrives.
I'm sure we can dig up some parts for you. Yes, plug into...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 30th 07, 05:20 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 2
Posted By Rick F.
Using a HP Surestore DLT VS80 Autoloader on a Proliant 6400?

On 2007-01-30, NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
yah, that will work with a 6400 ... the thing to keep in mind is that most
backup software thinks of that as a "library" or...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 30th 07, 12:05 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 2
Posted By Rick F.
Using a HP Surestore DLT VS80 Autoloader on a Proliant 6400?

LC -- (or anyone else that knows)..

Can I used the above autoloader w/o problems on a Proliant 6400 w/o any issues? Just curious since
I've got someone locally selling one for $200 that was just...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 28th 07, 08:05 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By Rick F.
Many Compaq Servers and Parts for sale

On 2007-01-27, NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
post a parts list and what you want for them

also, dont be offended when we laugh.

Who knows.. I might need some of that...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 26th 07, 04:30 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 7
Posted By Rick F.
New latest acquisition...

On 2007-01-24, Nut Cracker wrote:

not bad ... just need a 68pin (or VHDCI) to VHDCI cable and you should be
in business.

Is this the same sort of cable...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 24th 07, 05:35 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 7
Posted By Rick F.
New latest acquisition...

Hi guys.. I finally found an enclosure that should work for me with a price
that wasn't too bad I guess ($51) which included 127Gb of drives.. I guess I'll
have to keep an eye out for some rails and...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 10th 07, 06:46 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 0
Posted By Rick F.
Anyone tried installing FC6 (fedora) on Proliant 6400?

My proliant is currently running FC3 just fine but I need to upgrade to a
newer version to get some stuff I'm now interested in running -- my current
setup has a broken set of python/yum bindings and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 63