Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: MZB
Forum: Dell Computers July 5th 17, 01:16 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By MZB
computer fried--query about restoring on new used computer

On 7/4/2017 6:23 PM, Ben Myers wrote:
Yes, Mel, put the hard drive from the fried computer into an identical replacement and the replacement should boot right up. There is an outside chance that...
Forum: Dell Computers July 4th 17, 02:16 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By MZB
computer fried--query about restoring on new used computer

I bought an HP Probook 6570b laptop, used, years ago. Loved it. We had a
coffee spill and it fried my computer.
Ok, just ordered a used computer – same exact model – from Amazon (it’s
also...
Forum: Dell Computers May 24th 13, 05:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 20
Posted By MZB
when to defrag?

W7 Home. I turned off defrag scheduling as I prefer to do it when I
choose. Laptop is running reasonably speedy but when I do the analysis
it says 10% fragmented files.

Is there a rule of thumb....
Forum: Dell Computers May 12th 13, 10:30 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By MZB
Need advice on getting a wireless printer

OK, I need some advice. I currently have an old Dell Dimension 2400
desktop in the basement. It is connected to a Linksys Cable Modem and
Linksys router. I have had a parallel printer (Epson Color...
Forum: Dell Computers March 10th 13, 03:49 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By MZB
laptop not recognizing printer

On 3/9/2013 9:41 PM, RnR wrote:
On Sat, 09 Mar 2013 00:15:58 -0500, MZB wrote:

On 3/8/2013 3:11 PM, MZB wrote:
Ok, I know this is a Dell group and my desktop is a...
Forum: Dell Computers March 9th 13, 05:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By MZB
laptop not recognizing printer

On 3/8/2013 3:11 PM, MZB wrote:
Ok, I know this is a Dell group and my desktop is a Dell Dim. 2400.

But we got smart folks here, so maybe someone has an idea:

I am having a problem...
Forum: Dell Computers March 8th 13, 08:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By MZB
laptop not recognizing printer

Ok, I know this is a Dell group and my desktop is a Dell Dim. 2400.

But we got smart folks here, so maybe someone has an idea:

I am having a problem getting my brand new HP Windows-7 Pro computer...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 12, 01:25 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By MZB
OT-- Charter Requiring Their Modems?

On 11/14/2012 2:33 PM, Ben Myers wrote:
On Tuesday, November 13, 2012 5:15:33 PM UTC-5, MB_ wrote:
Hoping someone can help. I currently use a Dell desktop, connected to my

Linksys Modem...
Forum: Dell Computers May 4th 12, 01:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By MZB
Need rec. for a b/u UPS

On 5/4/2012 5:56 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:
On Thursday, May 3, 2012 9:06:57 PM UTC-5, MZB wrote:
I have this old Dell Dimension 2400 desktop with a printer. The cable
modem and router is also...
Forum: Dell Computers May 4th 12, 03:06 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By MZB
Need rec. for a b/u UPS

I have this old Dell Dimension 2400 desktop with a printer. The cable
modem and router is also connected to it.

Anyway, it continues to work great. It forms the base of a network (I
have 2...
Forum: Dell Computers October 22nd 11, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By MZB
Ext. HD Prob--suggestions

Just to add to this: when I do a search for eSATA to USB I get extremely
confused as there seems to be so many variations, adapters, etc.

What I want is for one end to plug into the HD eSATA port,...
Forum: Dell Computers October 22nd 11, 09:06 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By MZB
Ext. HD Prob--suggestions

Make that an eSATA port

Mel
"MZB" wrote in message
Howdy:

I have a Fantom HD that has worked fine. I use it for backups.

Forum: Dell Computers October 22nd 11, 08:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By MZB
Ext. HD Prob--suggestions

Howdy:

I have a Fantom HD that has worked fine. I use it for backups.

Recently, I've been having a problem. It just cuts out and reboots or I get
other assorted errors (eg: computer suddenly...
Forum: Dell Computers August 8th 11, 09:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By MZB
Having problems adding network printers

Ok, downstairs I have a desktop computer with XP Home. There is an old
(but works GREAT) Epson Color Stylus printer connected to the parallel
port. I also have a Canon Pixma ip4000 connected to...
Forum: Dell Computers August 8th 11, 02:56 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By MZB
OT--DVD Problem (?)

Actually, I guess I jumped the gun. I had adjusted some settings and thought
that it wasn't working.

BUT, after I rebooted, it works fine.

Thanks.

Mel
"Cmplx80" wrote in...
Forum: Dell Computers August 8th 11, 01:43 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By MZB
OT--DVD Problem (?)

Ok, I just got a new Toshiba laptop and I'm having a strange problem.

When I put a CD in the DVD player, it whirls around but does not auto start.

When I click on Windows Explorer, it does not...
Forum: Dell Computers August 7th 11, 03:37 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By MZB
Image Restore Query

Ok, I have a Compaq laptop. Hard drive died. An individual who repairs
computers is replacing the hard drive (actually a smaller capacity HD) and
will reinstall Windows (a different serial # -- no...
Forum: Dell Computers November 29th 10, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By MZB
OT-best way to send a link?

Thanks all. Got it working. I did need to set TB as the default

Mel
"Hank Arnold" wrote in message
On 11/27/2010 3:29 PM, Pen wrote:
Forum: Dell Computers November 27th 10, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By MZB
OT-best way to send a link?

When I used XP with IE 6.0,/OE 6.0 if I wanted to send the link to a site I
was on, I would just click file/send/link by email.

I now have W7 and IE 8.0 and Thunderbird. I can't seem to find the...
Forum: Dell Computers June 28th 10, 05:53 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By MZB
New Inspiron Problem

Ben:

Nah... I just bought a new laptop. The Inspiron is still working. I'm sure
the jack will go totally in the near future. At this point, I've had it
maybe 7 years and it is time to say...
Forum: Dell Computers June 27th 10, 04:32 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By MZB
New Inspiron Problem

Ok, I have an aging Inspiron 2200. Lately, the battery charges/doesn't
charge. If I jiggle the AC Adapter, it charges. Same problem with a
different charger, so it appears to be the receptacle in...
Forum: Dell Computers June 27th 10, 04:29 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By MZB
Backup question

Well, folks, I finally did spring for a new laptop: A Compaq Presario for
$299 at Best Buy.
It had good reviews on the BB site.

Now a backup question.

I have been using Acronis True Image 10 Home...
Forum: Dell Computers June 26th 10, 04:43 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By MZB
Does main chip really matter

I'm researching some laptop deals. I am looking for a new laptop. My usage
is basically office software, online poker, and general internet/email
stuff. Nothing heavy at all.

I see a laptop with ...
Forum: Dell Computers June 25th 10, 07:43 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By MZB
Toshiba Satelite

It sounds great and others must have thought so as they are out-of-stock..

If any of you spy comparable deals, please advise.

Thanks for your insights

Mel

"Christopher Muto"...
Forum: Dell Computers June 24th 10, 02:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By MZB
Toshiba Satelite

I know this is a Dell newsgroup, but I'm wondering if any of you are
familiar with this particular computer?

The L505D-LS5005 model is on sale ($465 total cost).

15.6" screen.
250 gb HD

2 gb
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500