Showing results 1 to 25 of 193
Search took 0.49 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lars-Erik Østerud
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 2nd 13, 10:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
P4PE Mobo and Windows 8, Possible??

I have an old PC here with the above mother board in it. I use it as
a test bed. currently have Win XP and Win 7 on it. Would like to try

Did you have much trouble installing Win7 on your...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 1st 09, 02:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
To few colors on LCD-TV

I have an Nvidia GeForce 7600GS AGP.

When I connect my LCD-TV using the DVI
cobnnector and a HDMI adapter the image
is great, but for some reason I only get
8-bits color on the TV :-(

Why?

I can't...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 29th 09, 07:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
P4PE bios checksum error after being unplugged

Bert Hyman wrote:

the new one before installing it. Looks like the battery lasted almost
exactly 6 years.

About as mine (changed mine last year).
Not very expensive, so no big problem.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 27th 08, 10:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
Easy switch between VGA and DVI (or both)

In the Nvidia control panel click "Display Set up multiple displays" in
the left task tree then click the "Select the display you would like to use"
drop down menu and select the monitor...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 26th 08, 10:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
Easy switch between VGA and DVI (or both)

Is there a small utility to make it easy to switch between VGA - DVI
- BOTH (like on laptops between build-in and external). I have my
monitor on VGA and my TV on DVI, and would like an easy switch...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 26th 08, 10:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
No DVD playback on 2nd monitor (7600GS)

Overlay playback only works on one monitor (the one set to primary).
So I can't play videos with med 7600GS on my TV without switching
primary.
I can set media player to not use overlay for...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 23rd 08, 10:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
Asus P4PE Mobo and new or prelove AGP cards

I have a Nvidia 7600GS AGP in my P4PE. Fast as ****

Runs Half-Life 2 at 1280x1024 full everything with
the tweaks at http://osterud.name/games.html
--
Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 1st 08, 04:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

which card would be better in my partner's p4 2.8ghz out of a ti4200
or a 5200? I know the 5200's got a bad rep but it is newer and

Why not a 7600GS. Works very well.
I changed from a Ti4200 to...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 30th 07, 04:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
I got my SATA Drives working on my P4PE - more questions now..

Having said that IMHO this board is somewhat slow in performance probably
because of the single channel RAM.

Notice this on newer games. I have at Nvidia 7600GS AGP and my P4
2.53Ghz. None of...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 30th 07, 04:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
I got my SATA Drives working on my P4PE - more questions now..

are set to limit the speed to 1.8 GB's so I left them there, can I

I don't think I have such jumpers, but the speed of the Promise S-ATA
is a bit slow (I have my old S-ATA in an external USB2...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 29th 07, 03:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
P4PE and SATA ... DVDR problems

Sid Elbow wrote:

it looks like it may not be compatible with a full IDE system after all.
In which case it will have to go.

When I changed from IDE to S-ATA, I booted from my IDE with the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 28th 07, 11:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
P4PE and SATA ... DVDR problems

.... at least I thought it was fine until I noticed that now my DVD
writer (Master on IDE-2) continually shows data errors during
verification. If I unplug the SATA drive, all is well. I did...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 26th 07, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
P4PE - IDE plus SATA?

Sid Elbow wrote:

Don't know about XP (never use it). Win2K though, doesn't support 48-Bit
LBA by default. It needs a registry entry added or changed to activate
this support. See:...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 25th 07, 02:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
P4PE - IDE plus SATA?

Sid Elbow wrote:

... and as I said, it doesn't apply to the IDE controller either.
Perhaps Dave has an old bios - although 137 GB sounds suspiciously like

The limitation in Win98 and XP is...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 25th 07, 02:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
P4PE - IDE plus SATA?

Sid Elbow wrote:

Sorry, now I come to try this, one thing I'm still not sure about: in
the BIOS, under PCI Configuration do I enable Onboard SATA/IDE RAID
Controller ?

Yep. And also...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 24th 07, 03:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
P4PE - IDE plus SATA?

DaveW wrote:

installation CD before the board will recognize SATA harddrives. Also
remember that the P4PE is limited to 137 GB harddrives by its original BIOS.

Does not apply to the S-ATA...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 24th 07, 03:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
P4PE - not seeing SATA drives or network card.

DaveW wrote:

The P4PE, which I used to own, is an older motherboard whose BIOS can only
recognize up to 137 GB harddrives. Secondly you have to install the
motherboard's SATA controller...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 23rd 07, 09:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
P4PE - not seeing SATA drives or network card.

GS wrote:

I thought I went into the ASUS setup and did the 0+1 thing already, but
I'll try it again.

The raid controller setup is not in the normal BIOS setup.
It's a separate setup for the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 23rd 07, 07:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
P4PE - IDE plus SATA?

Sid Elbow wrote:

I really thought this was a simple question with a straight yes/no
answer so perhaps I phrased it badly. What I want to know is: In the
standard, as-intended use of this MB,...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 23rd 07, 07:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
P4PE - not seeing SATA drives or network card.

GS wrote:

I installed a 250 GB seagate sata drive in it, but when trying to
install XP Pro on it it would say that there was no drives present, so I
installed an IDE drive in it and was able...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 23rd 07, 03:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
P4PE - IDE plus SATA?

Well, as I said, I don't want to set up RAID nor do I want to boot from
the SATA. I simply want to keep my existing setup with two IDE HD's on
IDE-1 (booting from the first), two DVD drives...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 22nd 07, 07:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 16
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
P4PE - IDE plus SATA?

Sid Elbow wrote:

I have a system based on the Asus P4PE MB which is currently using IDE
Master/slave drives on the first IDE channel.

To get extra space, can I add a SATA drive to this...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 8th 07, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
4200 driver

Robin wrote:

Anyone know of the last driver that supported my old vga card. My 6800 has
died a death with vertical lines all across the screen. to keep the kids

I used 45.24. That seems to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 13th 07, 02:13 PM Posted to alt.games.half-life,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
Latest Nvdia 7600GS drivers with 2xQ AA support?

Mr.E Solved! wrote:

Regarding your issues with HL2 and FSAA, you have to understand that
there are several variables which might change when you force certain
things on or off. For example,...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 13th 07, 02:09 PM Posted to alt.games.half-life,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Lars-Erik Østerud
Latest Nvdia 7600GS drivers with 2xQ AA support?

It's still there, apparently, but 'hidden' a bit. Google the nvidia
related graphics newsgroups, it came up there recently.

In the settings imported from the old driver they showed as...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 193