Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 0.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Flip Wilson
Forum: General January 30th 10, 10:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't boot from DVD drive

Some additional info.

Since my PC was insistant on booting Windows 7 from my primary hd no matter
what I specified in the boot order, I disconnected the power and data
connections to my primary hd...
Forum: General January 30th 10, 10:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't boot from DVD drive

Some additional information.

Since my BIOS seemed insistant to boot Windows 7 from my primary hd no
matter what I specified in the boot order, I disconnected the power and
data connections.
Forum: General January 30th 10, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't boot from DVD drive

Joel wrote in
:

Bootable CD/DVD is another good question too. I dunno but it
seems like
we have more question...
Forum: General January 30th 10, 10:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't boot from DVD drive

Joel wrote in
:

Flip Wilson wrote:

"Jan Alter" wrote in
Forum: General January 30th 10, 10:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't boot from DVD drive

Joel wrote in

Until you give enough information so other won't have to make
newer wild
guess, all I can do is giving you the very basic simple general answer
Forum: General January 30th 10, 10:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't boot from DVD drive

Joel wrote in

1. If the BIOS can't see the DVD then you may want to check the
connection.

Checked power and data connections. Both are fine.

Forum: General January 18th 10, 10:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't boot from DVD drive

VanguardLH wrote in :

Well, I've gone as far as I can on a *generic* host since you never
have identified your make and model. Could be you have...
Forum: General January 18th 10, 12:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't boot from DVD drive

VanguardLH wrote in :

There isn't a boot *order* configuration (i.e., what order of drive
types to use)? Try using the following boot device...
Forum: General January 17th 10, 07:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't boot from DVD drive

philo wrote in
:

Well if the device is usable from within the OS it's got to be OK

It should be listed somewhere in...
Forum: General January 17th 10, 07:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't boot from DVD drive

"Jan Alter" wrote in
:

So what happens if you choose 5) - 7) Hard drives and select the
subcategory HL-DT-STDVD-RA...
Forum: General January 17th 10, 02:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't boot from DVD drive

philo wrote in

That's the problem then you will need to let your bios re-detect it

Note: it may say CDROM instead of DVD

I did try unplugging the power and data cables...
Forum: General January 17th 10, 01:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't boot from DVD drive

"Jan Alter" wrote in -
september.org:

Is 'CD' or 'CD-ROM' listed as one of the items that you can boot?

In the CMOS setup utility, my CDROM...
Forum: General January 17th 10, 01:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't boot from DVD drive

VanguardLH wrote in :

Flip Wilson wrote:

I installed windows 7 a few weeks ago. Now my DVD drive isn't
available to boot from. The drive...
Forum: General January 17th 10, 04:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't boot from DVD drive

I installed windows 7 a few weeks ago. Now my DVD drive isn't available to
boot from. The drive is detected in my BIOS, and works fine once windows
boots. Any help would be appreciated.
Forum: General November 8th 08, 02:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Flip Wilson
Card reader words externally, but not internally

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 23:47:19 -0500, Paul wrote:

Flip Wilson wrote:
On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 00:00:51 -0500, Paul wrote:

Flip Wilson wrote:
I have a card reader that I previously...
Forum: General November 6th 08, 03:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Flip Wilson
Card reader words externally, but not internally

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 00:00:51 -0500, Paul wrote:

Flip Wilson wrote:
I have a card reader that I previously connected via USB port and
worked fine. After upgrading my mobo, I decided to...
Forum: General November 5th 08, 02:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Flip Wilson
Card reader words externally, but not internally

I have a card reader that I previously connected via USB port and worked
fine. After upgrading my mobo, I decided to connect the same card reader
to a set of USB pins on the motherboard...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 16th 07, 02:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 0
Posted By Flip Wilson
Can't install 6200 driver on Mandriva 2006

I'm having a problem with ghosting cursors, (not the mouse cursor) particularly when I move a cursor quickly around a text box on a website or in openoffice.org.

I'm trying to install the nvidia...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 14th 07, 08:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Flip Wilson
GeForce 6200 & ghost cursors

On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:28:17 -0500, First of One wrote:

In Windows, enabling FSAA through the driver control panel can occasionally
cause these refresh issues. Is there a similar setting you...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 14th 07, 07:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Flip Wilson
GeForce 6200 & ghost cursors

Newbie here. Got my first ever graphics card, Nvidia GeForce 6200 running
under Mandriva 2006. Seems to run fine except for my cursor. My mouse
cursor works fine, but if I'm using openoffice, or a...
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20