Showing results 1 to 25 of 96
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Miles Bader[_2_]
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 22nd 11, 10:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,comp.graphics.api.opengl,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Replies: 24
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
OpenGL works slow without graphics drivers, and also in Virtual Machines (VMWare) ?

fungus writes:
... because reading documentation just isn't the way
starbucky rolls.

.... and I suspect it's a pretty good bet that he rolls.

-miles

--
"Nah,...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors June 8th 11, 02:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,rec.games.video.nintendo,rec.games.video.nintendo.wii,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video

Any idea what specific tech will be used? Presumably not whatever's
cutting edge now, but...

-Miles

"1971 pickup truck; will trade for guns"
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 17th 10, 02:50 AM Posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.games.video.nintendo
Replies: 33
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
PSP2 has PS3 quality graphics

Jordan writes:
They did announce the pricing for Japan and it did come out to be
about $300 after using the conversion rate.

The yen is insanely strong vs the dollar at...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 15th 10, 02:15 PM Posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.games.video.nintendo
Replies: 33
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
PSP2 has PS3 quality graphics

The Closer writes:
If it's a "mock-up" is based on the GO, it's more than likely coming a
fan, in which case it not going to be the *actual* design.

Incidentally,...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 10th 10, 11:58 PM Posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.games.video.nintendo
Replies: 33
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
PSP2 has PS3 quality graphics

The Closer writes:
Anyway the PSP2 - here are my thoughts -- the biggest factor to its
success is not going to its graphics ability but the screen quality --
it...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 10th 10, 11:56 PM Posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.xbox,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.games.video.nintendo
Replies: 33
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
PSP2 has PS3 quality graphics

(GMAN) writes:
Does this mean the PSP2 is going to cost $300-400 at launch?

Its rumored the 3DS will.

Such a rumor would almost certainly be false of...
Forum: Intel November 24th 10, 09:36 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardwre.amd.x86-64,comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 10
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
Upgrading my current computer system parts: AMD or Intel?

Ant writes:
Say, AMD 1090T Phenom II x6 ($300) + appropriate Gigabyte/ASUS MB
($100-150) + 4GB RAM ($100-150) + whatever PS ($60?)

... leaving a bit of money for...
Forum: Intel November 24th 10, 09:57 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardwre.amd.x86-64,comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 10
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
Upgrading my current computer system parts: AMD or Intel?

Ant writes:
I do NOT want to buy brand names PCs. I want to buy and build my own
parts. I haven't bought a brand name desktop PCs since my IBM PS/2 Model
30 Model 286 10 Mhz...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors October 9th 10, 02:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 4
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
Good news for Owners of AM2+ /w SB600

Yup, I'm pretty happy with Gigabyte.

[...looking to upgrade to X6 myself sometime...]

-Miles

--
P.S. All information contained in the above letter is false,
for reasons of military...

Paul Keinanen writes:
While in the past it has been necessary to specify the update rate,
spatial resolution, gamma and color space according to the available
display...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 26th 10, 06:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design,sci.engr.color

Paul Keinanen writes:
While in the past it has been necessary to specify the update rate,
spatial resolution, gamma and color space according to the available
display...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors May 14th 10, 04:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 13
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
Thuban compatibility with AM2+ Motherboards

AGross writes:
Is it likely that SB700 AM2+ MBs will support X6 cpus if the
manufacturer doesn't explicitly say so?

I looked at the web page for my MB and it didn't...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors May 13th 10, 11:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 13
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
Thuban compatibility with AM2+ Motherboards

AGross writes:
As a rule of thumb, users with AM2+/SB600 should limit themselves to
X4 Phenom II CPUs or switch to a AM3 motherboard or AM2+ with SB700 or
better.

Is it...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 25th 10, 07:37 AM Posted to rec.games.video.nintendo.wii,rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
Nintendo DS 2 likey to use Nvidia Tegra 250 and ARM

"Skipai Otter" writes:
Find out at E3 when they show off the Nintendo 3DS won't we. Now the
question is, since this is coming out, wonder when Sony will do
something...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 23rd 10, 06:48 AM Posted to rec.games.video.nintendo.wii,rec.games.video.nintendo,uk.games.video.handheld,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
Nintendo DS 2 likey to use Nvidia Tegra 250 and ARM

Gene Poole writes:
It looks like the DS2 will be faster than the Wii.

that's depressing for so many reasons. Friggin Nintendo.

Er, why is it depressing?

March of...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors March 20th 10, 11:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 13
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
Phenom 2 955BE 4 core?

"Peter Geddes" writes:
I have an AMD PhenomII X4 955 Black Edition and this is a 4 core processor?

Yes.

I have run CPUZ 1.54 64 bit and it says that the processor is...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors December 17th 09, 04:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 4
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
Opteron 250 and amd-v

kevinm3574 writes:
I'm a little ****ed about this as I bought this server thinking that
that CPU supported Hardware Virtualization and now I'm thinking I've
been duped. Any...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 2nd 09, 04:40 AM Posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
Replies: 36
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
PS4 graphics to be PowerVR Series 6 ?

The alMIGHTY N writes:
It would be disastrous for Sony if they repeated that mistake next
generation. If they're going to go with a new architecture, I for one
hope that...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 2nd 09, 04:40 AM Posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
Replies: 39

The alMIGHTY N writes:
It would be disastrous for Sony if they repeated that mistake next
generation. If they're going to go with a new architecture, I for one
hope that...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 28th 09, 03:57 AM Posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 39
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
PS4 graphics to be PowerVR Series 6 ?

"First of One" writes:
The PS2 could also do both edge AA and even FSAA (with both supersampling
and multisampling), but early games evidently didn't use them. Sony's early
Forum: Ati Videocards November 28th 09, 03:57 AM Posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"First of One" writes:
The PS2 could also do both edge AA and even FSAA (with both supersampling
and multisampling), but early games evidently didn't use them. Sony's early
Forum: Ati Videocards November 26th 09, 01:10 AM Posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video
Replies: 2
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
PS4 graphics to be PowerVR Series 6 ?

Benjamin Gawert writes:
Sony would be mad if they choosed PowerVR for the PS4.

Sony hasn't exactly shown a whole lot of good judgement in designing
their past systems...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors October 22nd 09, 09:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 2
Posted By Miles Bader[_2_]
How can i deactivate the speakers on the iphone?

I'm still waiting for someone to post about their favorite fortified wine...

-Miles

--
/\ /\
(^.^)

Geez, that sounds like a press-release...

-miles

--
"1971 pickup truck; will trade for guns"
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors September 11th 09, 03:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Jure Sah writes:
* On Intel, the microcode grew more and more sophisticated and it now
does a great deal of processing (basically runtime optimization as code
is fed into...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 96