Showing results 1 to 25 of 326
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael A. Terrell
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 22nd 13, 09:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 2
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
Combatting Oscillation with randomness for cooling fans andharddisks.

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:

In article ?,
"Skybuck Flying" ? wrote:

? Hello,
?
? I just cleaned my PC...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 22nd 13, 09:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 3
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
Combatting Oscillation with randomness for cooling fans andharddisks.

Kevin McMurtrie wrote:

In article ?,
"Skybuck Flying" ? wrote:

? Hello,
?
? I just cleaned my PC...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 19th 13, 01:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 86
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
Why are PC sales declining ? (Skybuck thoughts on it too)

amdx wrote:

Oh, I think the slide in PC sales has to do with mobile.

Along with so many people out of work, and no decent job on the
horizon.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 11th 12, 03:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 29
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
I want a passively cooled desktop/cpu/gpu by 2016, powersupplymayhave fan.

Ting Hsu wrote:

On Dec 10, 8:17 pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
Mark Thorson wrote:
Ting Hsu wrote:
1. Power supplies *can* be fanless; there are...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 11th 12, 02:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 29
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
I want a passively cooled desktop/cpu/gpu by 2016, power supplymayhave fan.

Mark Thorson wrote:

Ting Hsu wrote:

1. Power supplies *can* be fanless; there are several on the market.
But the one I ended up using was the SeaSonic X series, which only
turns...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 2nd 12, 09:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 67
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
PC only boots after on/off/on cycle ?

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

What makes you think Panasonic didn't destroy their old tooling? WTF
would it end up on ebay?

Nobody dumped any tooling...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 2nd 12, 06:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design

On 2012-12-01, Chris S. wrote:

ITYM "marked Sony, made in Japan".

Clearly stamped "Japan" on the battery. Marked...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 2nd 12, 06:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design

On 2012-12-02, Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Well, unless you misspoke, if the batteries are marked "Sony" on the
card, and stamped...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 2nd 12, 03:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 67
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
PC only boots after on/off/on cycle ?

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 19:03:17 -0800, ChairmanOfTheBored
wrote:

On Sat, 1 Dec 2012 19:03:28 -0500, "Chris S."
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 29th 12, 06:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 67
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
PC only boots after on/off/on cycle ?

GMAN wrote:

In article , ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:15:59 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 12, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

Rodney Pont wrote:

On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 08:50:33 -0800, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Note: I've had a triple bypass heart operation and am therefore
immune to electrocution by current through...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 12, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Note: I've had a triple bypass heart operation and am therefore
immune to electrocution by current through the heart. Unfortunately,
a silver spike or silver bullet...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 12, 02:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

rickman wrote:

On 11/21/2012 4:06 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:

I also live in an appartment high up, so I am not sure if grounding wall
sockets is a good idea.

What? Why would...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 11:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 18
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
Anti-Resonating-Technology.

Pete wrote:

On 22/11/2012 18:17, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Pete wrote:

Traditionally HDD's were mounted using rubber mounts which attenuated
the vibration stopping it from...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 07:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 18
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
Anti-Resonating-Technology.

Robert Baer wrote:

So, according to your own gravity stupidity, your back would "break
by gravity".

It broke his only functional neuron.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 07:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design

Pete wrote:

Traditionally HDD's were mounted using rubber mounts which attenuated
the vibration stopping it from being an issue.

http://www.thebookyard.com/images/mbp15hdgrmt.jpg

I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 12:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Drivel: At home with a cold or flu for a few days. Sorry about the
spew but all I can do right now is alternately sleep and rant on
Usenet.

So, SNAFU? ;-)
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 12:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 15:35:26 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Like some people & wrist watches? No matter what they have, it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 12, 09:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 13:39:05 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Any computer he touches sucks. He's the one that Murphy warned you
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 12, 08:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 30
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
DreamPC2006 died again probably because of usb port/plugmisalignmenton pins.

Johann Klammer wrote:

Skybuck Flying wrote:
Skybuck's Dream PC from 2006 has died again it seems.

Possible causes:

1. Static electricity discharge from either me or the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 12, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

Jeff Liebermann wrote:

On Wed, 21 Nov 2012 06:04:45 +0100, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

When USB was invented I thought what I stupid idea.

It replaces a 25 pin...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 12, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

Pete wrote:

That case is screaming out for a RAID array, looks like it is a nice
quiet build also. An SSD and a passive CPU cooler will have a really
quiet and low power sucking machine.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 14th 12, 08:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,alt.nl.electronica.zelfbouw,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 21
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
Computer frooze today.

pleerol wrote:

You were quiet for a while. Did you spend some time in a freezer?

Must have been one of those 'Cold days in Hell' we hear about.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 23rd 11, 12:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By Michael A. Terrell
The Monitor Inch Lie...

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:

I thought that after blowing up your dream PC, you were just going to give
up all this technology garbage and join an ashram or something.

A ninniery? ;-)

--
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 8th 11, 07:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.politics.liberalism,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 27

George Herold wrote:

On Nov 7, 4:10 pm, Joerg ? wrote:
? John Doe wrote:
? ? Does anybody know how to exclude "google.com" in Google search
? ? results? Somehow I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 326