Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Forum: Ati Videocards January 22nd 07, 12:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
Switching Cable Systems - Best Way to Connect X800XT to Direct TV DVR

Ken Maltby wrote:
"jj" wrote in message
My condo building is switching cable companies on March 1,...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 20th 07, 04:04 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.games.video.sony,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.sony-playstation3
Replies: 1
Posted By [email protected]
NVIDIA hiring eDRAM engineers - for Sony's PSP2?

AirRaid wrote:
NVIDIA hiring eDRAM engineers - for Sony's PSP2?
[snip]

I'd guess more likely for phones and portable players - note the
acquisition of PortalPlayer, and the "4800" phone chip...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 26th 06, 02:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
8800 GTS vs. 7950 GX2 What would you do?

Conor wrote:
In article , John says...
I have a 7950 GX2 in my system presently. I won an 8800 GTS card in a
contest.

Which should I use...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 22nd 06, 04:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
8800 - wait and see...

HockeyTownUSA wrote:
[snip]

Gotcha. That was my point. I figured he was trying to say that there's no
need to worry since we have DX9L. From experience I say no way in hell.
Backwards...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 22nd 06, 04:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
8800 - wait and see...

HockeyTownUSA wrote:
[snip]

Gotcha. That was my point. I figured he was trying to say that there's no
need to worry since we have DX9L. From experience I say no way in hell.
Backwards...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 20th 06, 07:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
8800 - wait and see...

wrote:
Folk wrote:
On 19 Dec 2006 14:28:08 -0800, "
wrote:

I've OC'd the 8800GTS to 600/900 w/o...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 20th 06, 07:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
8800 - wait and see...

Folk wrote:
On 19 Dec 2006 14:28:08 -0800, "
wrote:

I've OC'd the 8800GTS to 600/900 w/o a problem so far.

Any chance that's the...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 20th 06, 04:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
8800 - wait and see...

Claude Leclerc wrote:
I wanted all the GPU power I could get because I'm using TH2G. (3840x1024
resolution) so I bought a EVGA8800GTX.
ATI is not an option here because it doesn't support these...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 20th 06, 04:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
8800 - wait and see...

Claude Leclerc wrote:
I wanted all the GPU power I could get because I'm using TH2G. (3840x1024
resolution) so I bought a EVGA8800GTX.
ATI is not an option here because it doesn't support these...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 20th 06, 05:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
8800 - wait and see...

John Lewis wrote:

Usual "early-adopter" joys. No news here. The 8800 is a revolutionary
departure from previous nVidia GPU architectures. Takes a while to
mature the drivers. ATi have had...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 20th 06, 05:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
8800 - wait and see...

John Lewis wrote:

Usual "early-adopter" joys. No news here. The 8800 is a revolutionary
departure from previous nVidia GPU architectures. Takes a while to
mature the drivers. ATi have had...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 20th 06, 05:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
8800 - wait and see...

First of One wrote:

Any time you have a separate piece of software released independently from
the core drivers, you will be constantly dogged with version mismatch and
other conflicts. Look...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 20th 06, 05:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
8800 - wait and see...

First of One wrote:

Any time you have a separate piece of software released independently from
the core drivers, you will be constantly dogged with version mismatch and
other conflicts. Look...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 19th 06, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
8800 - wait and see...

Benjamin Gawert wrote:
[snip]

BTW: what are your system specs and OS version?

Benjamin

WinXP 32bit, AMD Opteron 165 @2.5Ghz, 2gb RAM on Asrock Dual-SATA m/b.
I've OC'd the 8800GTS to 600/900...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 19th 06, 08:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 23
Posted By [email protected]
8800 - wait and see...

Just some FYI for anyone who is considering an 8800 purchase.

I picked up an 8800GTS on an eVGA trade-up for my 7900GTO, since the
trade-up window was going to close soon.

First off, you can crank...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 19th 06, 08:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,rec.autos.simulators,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 28
Posted By [email protected]
8800 - wait and see...

Just some FYI for anyone who is considering an 8800 purchase.

I picked up an 8800GTS on an eVGA trade-up for my 7900GTO, since the
trade-up window was going to close soon.

First off, you can crank...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 12th 06, 12:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By [email protected]
GeForce 7950GT - the best brand?

hj wrote:
The GeForce 7950GT is available from several manufacturers:

XFX

EVGA

Asus

BFG
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 24th 06, 12:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
game prob after upgrade

Peter wrote:
After loading a game it starts out choppy and pauses etc a couple of times
then later its ok. Most 3d games do it.
Someone said to replace power supply. My 7600gt worked fine...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18