Showing results 1 to 25 of 81
Search took 0.48 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Lee M.
Forum: Ati Videocards July 4th 08, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 0
Posted By Lee M.
Question about recent CAT drivers

I am still on release 7.5. Are any of the 8.x series considered more
stable/bug-free than others or are there any versions to avoid? I have a
Radeon 9600XT on a socket A mobo running XP SP2.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 1st 08, 02:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 20
Posted By Lee M.
agp motherboard

"dilbert firestorm" wrote in message
spodosaurus wrote:
dilbert firestorm wrote:
anyone reccommend a agp 8x...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 11th 08, 03:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Lee M.
Next upgrade?

Now that my system is fully upgraded to late 2003/early 2004 technology (AMD
AthlonXP 2800+ (Barton core), nVidia nForce400 chipset mobo, AGP 8x video
(128 bit memory interface and 256MB RAM),...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 7th 08, 07:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Lee M.
Thanks

"Lee M." wrote in message
Can I connect a fan to a 4-pin molex connector with the power on without
damaging...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 7th 08, 03:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Lee M.
Making connections with power on

Can I connect a fan to a 4-pin molex connector with the power on without
damaging anything?
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 5th 08, 02:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Lee M.
abit memory upgrade question.

"Paul" wrote in message ...
corky wrote:
"Paul" wrote in message ...
corky wrote:
I have a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 08, 09:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Lee M.
Do you think case volume affects cooling?

"Matt" wrote in message
Lee M. wrote:
"Matt" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 08, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Lee M.
Do you think case volume affects cooling?

"Matt" wrote in message
Lee M. wrote:

So my question is: is it the larger volume, the side panel vents or the
combination...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 08, 05:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Lee M.
Some devices won't work on USB hub on Dell monitor

My Dell 19" monitor has a USB hub with 4 ports. Two ports are permanently
occupied with my keyboard and memory card reader. The other two ports work
with my GPS and memory stick but won't...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 30th 08, 12:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Lee M.
Do you think case volume affects cooling?

Some of you may remember my earlier discussions on case cooling and CPU
temps. My concern was my Athlon 2700+ system in which the mobo sensor
(which I will refer to as case temp) indicated about...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 30th 08, 12:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Lee M.
What difference does L2 cache make?

"GTS" wrote in message
Building a budget PC and ordered an OEM AMD X2 5600 2Mb cache (2x1mb)
ADA5600IAA6CZ

BUT...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 25th 08, 02:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Lee M.
Any reason to upgrade from socket A?

"Flasherly" wrote in message
On May 23, 5:38 pm, "Lee M." wrote:
My computer...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 23rd 08, 10:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Lee M.
Any reason to upgrade from socket A?

My computer use consists mainly of internet browsing, email, Excel
spreadsheets and word processing, photo & video viewing (You Tube),
occasional ripping CDs and writing CDs. My main machine is an...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 20th 08, 12:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Lee M.
Removing 3 tab heatsink clip

I'm having a heckuva time removing a (socket A) Spire Microflow II heatsink.
Just can't seem to pry it outward enough to clear all 3 tabs. Removed the
fan for better access but that didn't help. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 15th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 110
Posted By Lee M.
Is it worth buying 4GB RAM for an XP machine?

"nobody " wrote in message
Mac Cool wrote:
class_a:

Why would I want less functionality and stability...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 10th 08, 01:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Lee M.
Mobo "case" temp sensor vs actual case temp

"VanguardLH" wrote in message
"Lee M." wrote in :

The sensor that reports...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 9th 08, 10:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Lee M.
Mobo "case" temp sensor vs actual case temp

The sensor that reports "case" temperature on my (Epox socket A) mobo,
typically reads in the 95-100F range. If I stick a thermometer inside my
case (it sits on the bottom next to the empty PCI...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors May 8th 08, 09:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 2
Posted By Lee M.
CPU temp difference between 2400 and 2700

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
On Thu, 08 May 2008 14:33:29 -0400, Lee M. wrote:

All other things equal, what would you expect...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors May 8th 08, 07:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 2
Posted By Lee M.
CPU temp difference between 2400 and 2700

All other things equal, what would you expect the CPU idle temp difference
(if any) to be between an AthlonXP 2400 (266FSB) and a 2700 (333FSB)? Would
you think a 5-6F lower ambient and better...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 1st 08, 03:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Lee M.
Correct way to apply thermal paste?

I have seen sites that say put a small drop in the center of the die and
others that say cover the die with a thin layer using a straight edge
(credit card or razor blade). Is one method more...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 30th 08, 05:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By Lee M.
Error message mscoree.dll

Recently did a fresh install of Windows 2000 and the current ATI drivers for
my video card (Radeon 9250). At startup I get an error message saying it
can't find the dynamic link library...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 28th 08, 01:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Lee M.
Hard drive and DVD burner on same IDE channel

"philo" wrote in message

"Matt" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 23rd 08, 06:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Lee M.
Kingston DDR memory question

I have two 512MB sticks of Kingston PC3200 RAM. One is KVR400/512R and the
other is KVR400X64C3A/512. One has 1 rank/4 banks and the other has 2
ranks/4 banks. Other than that, the specs appear...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 14th 08, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 62
Posted By Lee M.
XP Authentication after June 30?

"johns" wrote in message
Yeah, that's what we tried to say with Win2k.

You can trot right over...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 14th 08, 04:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Lee M.
Best Socket A mobo

wrote in message