Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kroma
Forum: General December 15th 08, 11:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Kroma
Beeps of death

"Kroma" nospam@nospam wrote in message
I don't have another AGP enabled computer to test on (or a spare AGP card)
so the simple and free swap...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 29th 07, 06:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Kroma
1440x900 on a FX5200 128Mb AGP 8X

Hi,

My trusty FX5200 128mb AGP 8X has given excellent service over the past 4
years. I hope it will continue to do so but...

I'm hoping to upgrade my monitor from a 17" CRT to an LG L194WT 19"...
Forum: Printers May 20th 07, 10:27 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Kroma
Print Server query

"Warren Block" wrote in message

First, make sure you have the latest firmware. The website shows 3.10
from 2004, so you...
Forum: Printers May 18th 07, 12:18 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Kroma
Print Server query

I've just bought a D-link DP-301P+ parallel print server.

Everything seems to work fine with my HP 970cxi printer except for two
things:

1) The ink statistics will not show - I'm not too bothered...
Forum: General March 6th 07, 09:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Kroma
Non standard CPU fan

The fan totally packed up last night. I turned the PC on and left it for a
while to let the fan build up a bit of speed. When I returned, expecting it
to be ready to restart, the BIOS was still...
Forum: General March 4th 07, 12:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Kroma
Non standard CPU fan

"kony" wrote in message

Either lube it, or left the system turned off till you had a
replacement. If you want to avoid this...
Forum: General March 4th 07, 12:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Kroma
Non standard CPU fan

"meerkat" wrote in message

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=353438

Thanks for the link but that is...
Forum: General March 4th 07, 12:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Kroma
Non standard CPU fan

"philo" wrote in message

Here is what I've done from time to time. It works absolutely fine...
but it's an add-ball...
Forum: General March 3rd 07, 03:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Kroma
Non standard CPU fan

Hi,

My CPU fan is failing fast - it starts at less than 600rpm and gradually
works its way up to 1800ish RPM whereas it should run at 2500rpm. It gets
worse on a daily basis. I've taken it out...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 27th 07, 12:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Kroma
"Hardware Error"

"Rob" wrote in message

"Kroma" wrote in message
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 22nd 07, 09:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Kroma
"Hardware Error"

I've just found the problem. The PC just started with the same warning and,
as quickly as possible, I hit 'delete' and sped to the hardware monitor
menu.

The CPU fan was spinning up to speed and...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 22nd 07, 12:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Kroma
"Hardware Error"

"Ghostrider" wrote in message

IIRC, the fan speed threshold might be as high as 600 RPM or at whatever
speed anybody might have...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 21st 07, 11:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Kroma
"Hardware Error"

Apologies if this post has shown up twice - had problems with Google Groups
earlier and tried to cancel...

I've recently fitted a new fan and power supply to my PC (fitted with
a P4S800...
Forum: General February 4th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Kroma
ATX/ATX2.0

"kony" wrote in message

Yes, because you don't have a lot of HDDs or a power
hungrier video card it should be acceptible.

OK,...
Forum: General February 3rd 07, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Kroma
ATX/ATX2.0

"kony" wrote in message

I mentioned "all major components" above because it is not
only the motherboard considered when...
Forum: General February 3rd 07, 12:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Kroma
ATX/ATX2.0

"kony" wrote in message

Yes but the older your system is, the more likely it needs
more 5V current, not as much 12V current....
Forum: General February 2nd 07, 12:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Kroma
ATX/ATX2.0

Hi,

After my problems with a power supply and a hot computer (don't ask), I've
decided upon another power supply which will also help to cool the computer
a little.

However, the one I've seen is...
Forum: General January 31st 07, 12:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Kroma
Case fan installation

Hi,

I've just had to replace my PSU after the last one started smoking. My new
PSU only has a single fan (the last had 2) and as a result I've noticed that
my PC temperatures are up.

My...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18