Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 1.45 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jef Roe
Forum: General November 29th 09, 07:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 23
Posted By Jef Roe
Laptop display all white

"Jef Roe" wrote in message

"Jerry West" wrote in message
Forum: General November 29th 09, 07:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.sys.laptops
Replies: 23
Posted By Jef Roe
Laptop display all white

"Jerry West" wrote in message
I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 with a Mobility Radeon 9600 Pro Turbo card in
it. The other day it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 28th 09, 01:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Jef Roe
PC has died overnight

"Roibert" wrote in message
My PC consists of a Asus PQ5 Pro board with a Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
2.93Ghx, which I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 27th 09, 07:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By Jef Roe
Monitor blinks after virus removal

"Ray K" wrote in message
Dave C. wrote:

You've still got a virus somewhere. Probably dozens of them. One of
them has...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 26th 09, 06:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Jef Roe
Moving WinXP Installation to Different Disk

"asdf" wrote in message
I want to move it from a partition on one physical disk where it's
installed to another disk where it will occupy...
Forum: Dell Computers November 24th 09, 07:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Jef Roe
UltraSharp U2410 Monitor - opinions please

"georgie" wrote in message
Looking for opinions on this monitor before purchasing. Would
Forum: Dell Computers November 24th 09, 05:49 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Jef Roe
Tuning a Latitude D600 for DVD playback

"Paul-J, Kbh" wrote in message
I am in trouble because I have promised a 10y child in my family a laptop
as Christmas...
Forum: Dell Computers November 20th 09, 07:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Jef Roe
Monitor warranty

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
Jef Roe wrote:
Something I have been pondering on with monitors.

I purchased a Samsung...
Forum: Dell Computers November 20th 09, 06:34 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Jef Roe
Monitor warranty

"William R. Walsh" wrote in message
Hi!

I purchased a Samsung monitor in January 2007 which,...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 20th 09, 02:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 16
Posted By Jef Roe
CAT 9.11 official are released

"Wile E. Coyote" wrote in message
Jef Roe wrote:

what a load of bollix...
Stop crapping in my thread, ****.

think you are...
Forum: Dell Computers November 20th 09, 06:35 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By Jef Roe
Monitor warranty

Something I have been pondering on with monitors.

I purchased a Samsung monitor in January 2007 which, as with many monitors,
had a 3 year manufacturers warranty. That warranty was from day 1. I am...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 19th 09, 05:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 16
Posted By Jef Roe
CAT 9.11 official are released

"Wile E. Coyote" wrote in message
Jef Roe wrote:

what a load of bollix...
It's '********' and not "bollix".

yes I know,...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 18th 09, 06:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 16
Posted By Jef Roe
CAT 9.11 official are released

"Wile E. Coyote" wrote in message
Jef Roe wrote:
IS released, surely.

No, ARE. There is more then one component to the...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 17th 09, 09:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 16
Posted By Jef Roe
CAT 9.11 official are released

IS released, surely.

"Wile E. Coyote" wrote in message
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
Forum: General November 15th 09, 04:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Jef Roe
funny ebay sales

"Jef Roe" wrote in message
I have been watching a few sales for the Dell 1525 laptop and find some if
not many of the...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 09, 09:30 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Jef Roe
Notebook With Plug In Hard Drive?

"W" wrote in message
"Steve W." wrote in message
W...
Forum: Dell Computers November 14th 09, 07:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Jef Roe
Notebook With Plug In Hard Drive?

"W" wrote in message
I'm looking for a notebook with a 17" widescreen monitor that has its hard
drive...
Forum: Dell Computers November 14th 09, 07:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Jef Roe
monitor prices

"Pen" wrote in message
Jef Roe wrote:
I am thinking about changing my monitor and looking at the Dell 24"
range.

Forum: Dell Computers November 14th 09, 06:30 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Jef Roe
monitor prices

I am thinking about changing my monitor and looking at the Dell 24" range.

Why is the 2408WFP more expensive than the U2410. Is it a better quality
unit.
Forum: General November 14th 09, 06:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Jef Roe
funny ebay sales

I have been watching a few sales for the Dell 1525 laptop and find some if
not many of the descriptions very comical. a few examples.

1. 'Has a fault (they don't list what it is) and it's got a...
Forum: General November 12th 09, 03:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Jef Roe
Steer clear of

"kony" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 06:40:45 -0800, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

Jef Roe...
Forum: General November 11th 09, 06:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Jef Roe
Steer clear of

"Jef Roe" wrote in message
Samsung monitors.

I thought their warranty service was good up until now.

I am into my 34...
Forum: General November 10th 09, 06:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Jef Roe
Steer clear of

Samsung monitors.

I thought their warranty service was good up until now.

I am into my 34 month of the 36 month warranty and on the 4th replacement
monitor, now awaiting the 5th. The monitors have...
Forum: Dell Computers November 8th 09, 04:58 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Jef Roe
New Dell Advice

"Tony Harding" wrote in message
Pen wrote:
Tom Lake wrote:
"Pen" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers November 4th 09, 05:32 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Jef Roe
No 950?

"Tom Lake" wrote in message
After watching Dell's prices for a while, I was just about to order an XPS
9000 with a Core i7 950. All...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 55