Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Boris Epstein
Forum: General March 4th 11, 08:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By Boris Epstein
HP Proliant server with an HP Smart Array 400

Hello all,

I've got this sever which was originally configured some years ago.
Now I want to reconfigure the RAID array on it (HP Smart Array) and
apparently you need a special stand-alone CD-based...
Forum: General September 26th 10, 12:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By Boris Epstein
SuperMicro/3Ware 32 TB raid array in RAID 6 configuration

Hello listmates,

We've got an array described in the subject line, trying to initialize
it as a RAID 6 (it's got 16 2TB drives) and the initialization process
has already been going on for about 30...
Forum: General June 30th 10, 04:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Boris Epstein
tape as an archival medium

On Jun 29, 11:34*pm, "Mark Opolo" wrote:
"Boris Epstein" wrote in message

Forum: General June 29th 10, 08:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Boris Epstein
tape as an archival medium

Hi all,

I used tapes aplenty back in the 1990's. They were a relatively cheap
way to save your data; obviously, slow if you had to access it. And
after 2-3 years they would usually go flaky (I am...
Forum: General May 19th 10, 05:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Boris Epstein
printers comparable to Xerox Phaser 8560 series

Hi all,

We are looking to replace a Xerox Phaser 8560DN that seems to have
broken down. Do you know what printers if any that are out there are
in the same league? Specifically what we value is its...
Forum: General May 4th 10, 09:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Boris Epstein
Xerox Phaser 8560DN - potential print head problem

Hi all,

Out printer was happy... until we got this error: 07,010.43:73178 .
Based on what little I managed to find on the web something seems
wrong with the printhead.

To this end, I've got a...
Forum: General November 9th 09, 10:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Boris Epstein
TV as a monitor

On Nov 9, 12:46*pm, "GT" wrote:
"GT" wrote in message

I have just...
Forum: General November 9th 09, 10:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By Boris Epstein
6-15 TB range redundant data storage solutions

Hello groupmates,

Just wondering what you would recommend for this range. What we need
is RAID5-level redundancy and reasonable performance.

Thanks.

Boris.
Forum: General March 2nd 09, 07:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Boris Epstein
getting a Mac address off of a dead motherboard

On Feb 26, 9:15 pm, Grinder wrote:
Some of the things other people have mention reminds me of another
possibility: My router keeps a list of MAC address so that it's...
Forum: General February 26th 09, 03:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 26
Posted By Boris Epstein
Grounding an ungrounded outlet

On Feb 26, 9:24 am, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:
"Skeleton Man" wrote:
Hi all,

I just discovered today that none of the outlets in my house are grounded.
The...
Forum: General February 26th 09, 03:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Boris Epstein
getting a Mac address off of a dead motherboard

Hello people,

I have a Dell Optiplex GX620 who motherboard appears to have died.
Well, what can you say? Everybody dies one day, right?

However, there is a small problem he we' ve got this...
Forum: General February 25th 09, 07:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Boris Epstein
weird Xerox Phaser 8560N printer noise

On Feb 22, 6:42 pm, kony wrote:
On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 13:23:49 -0800 (PST), Boris Epstein

wrote:
Hello all,

This printer we've got (a Phaser 8560N)...
Forum: General February 25th 09, 06:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By Boris Epstein
a REAL web-based camera

Hi all,

We've just got a webcam from 4XEM ( http://4xem.com/ ) which was
advertised as a web-camera (IP camera, whatever). There was only one
caveat - it only works in the Internet Explorer as it's...
Forum: General February 23rd 09, 02:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

wrote:
Hello all,

This printer we've got (a Phaser 8560N)...
Forum: General February 22nd 09, 10:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical
Replies: 6
Posted By Boris Epstein
whining noise from laptop speakers

On Feb 21, 7:46 pm, Sjouke Burry
wrote:
someone_else wrote:
Hi all,
My HP Pavilion laptop has started making a whining noise through the
speakers. It...
Forum: General February 22nd 09, 10:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Boris Epstein
weird Xerox Phaser 8560N printer noise

Hello all,

This printer we've got (a Phaser 8560N) is perfectly functional but
keeps making continuous humming noise. We know it is not normal as we
have 2 other printers of the same model that do...
Forum: General February 6th 09, 12:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By Boris Epstein
hard drive for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad T43p (type 2668)

Hi all,

We've got the above laptop (product ID 2668G2U, if that tells you
anything). We got it with a 60 GB factory installed hard drive which
we now would like to upgrade.

Apparently, these things...
Forum: General January 8th 09, 11:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By Boris Epstein
need to test a SONY VAIO TT190

Hello everyone,

This may be a stupid question... but here goes nonetheless. We need to
get a notebook for a test drive (the one in the subject line). We are
going to put the OS we normally use...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18