Replies: 73
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
Wireless charging mouse pad

On 3-5-2018 5:10, nospam wrote:
In article , Mr. Man-wai
Chang wrote:

I have seen local new (Hong Kong) about some...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 1st 18, 04:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 63
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
Recommend data recovery company?

On 1-5-2018 3:50, B00ze wrote:
On 2018-04-30 21:35, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

In message , B00ze
writes:
On...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 27th 17, 11:44 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 45
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
USB stick leaking

On 26.04.17 2:44, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 04/25/2017 02:23 PM, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:

[snip]

Common mistakes: "silicone chip" for semiconductors; silicon for breast
implants (which...
Forum: Intel September 18th 11, 02:42 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
Intel i7 3930K - question about clocking

Tony Marsili wrote:
On Sep 13, 5:18 pm, Sjouke Burry
wrote:
Netman wrote:
Uzytkownik "Jim" napisal w wiadomosci
Forum: Intel September 13th 11, 10:18 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel

Netman wrote:
Uzytkownik "Jim" napisal w wiadomosci
Oops read that wrong limited overclock is going be probably the max...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 31st 11, 07:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 30
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
Something very scary just happened.

JW wrote:
On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:46:41 +0200 "Skybuck Flying"
wrote in Message id:
:

my mind

Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 19th 11, 09:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
Another root kit detector utility

John Doe wrote:
Looks like it might be made by Sysinternals guys.

http://sites.googlxxxxxxxrootrepeal/

I am smelling some week old fish here....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 19th 11, 03:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
quick question about USB cards...

Eric wrote:
My friend has a relatively new Win7pro system (I don't have the specs at the
moment) and we added a USB 2.0 card (Rosewill NEC 4+1 Port USB2.0 PCI CARD
Model RC-101 ). Now if he...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 19th 11, 03:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.anti-virus,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Replies: 33
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
Would you continue using a HD you disinfected--or do a cleanreinstall or Ghost an older HD image?

RayLopez99 wrote:
Just what the title says. Do you really feel good using a PC you have
disinfected? Don't you feel better with a known PC that never had a
virus? Do you eat your own...
Forum: General July 23rd 11, 09:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
Notebook lid

Barny wrote:
What is the maximum(safe) pressure(weight) allowed for notebook Lid
cover?(Dell vostro 1520)
I mean if notebook just stay at the table with closed Lid and if we put some
heavy...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 8th 11, 05:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 30
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
curious if people are satisfied with their old machines?

Jon Danniken wrote:
Sjouke Burry wrote:
Its a DVD ROM.
Reading the disk works oke.
Windows media player cannot play a dvd movie.
(some driver?/codec? missing)
Ripping the dvd to disk...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 7th 11, 01:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 30
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
curious if people are satisfied with their old machines?

Patrick wrote:
Sjouke Burry wrote:
Trevor Smithson wrote:
The computer I'm writing this on is now over four years old. It's
been upgraded some, like most every computer I've owned, but...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 5th 11, 02:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Trevor Smithson wrote:
The computer I'm writing this on is now over four years old. It's
been upgraded some, like most every computer I've owned, but its
far and away the most satisfied I've...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 17th 11, 04:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 36
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
Why is PC chasis put on voltage when earth/ground wire is missing?!?

Paul wrote:
Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

Apperently PC's have "incoming netfilters/powerfilters" in the Netherlands
possibly Europe which filter out fluctuations caused by other...
Forum: General April 20th 11, 08:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
Power Saver device

Corvet wrote:
Can this 18KW Power Energy saver useful for energy saving? (for desktop PC,
250W power supply)
http://eecrest.com/enjoy24hours/278-1.jpg
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 19th 11, 06:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
Cloning problems

Timothy Daniels wrote:
"philo" wrote:
"John B. Smith" wrote in message ...
I'm using WindowsXP. I back up by using an...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 19th 11, 06:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
Cloning problems

John B. Smith wrote:
I'm using WindowsXP. I back up by using an imaging program on my C;
drive. Being a belt-and-suspenders man, I also use a cloning drive.
It's a SATA 80gig Seagate, same as...
Forum: General March 8th 11, 03:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
DVD problems w/ Ubuntu

Doomed Soul wrote:
Do you know the DVD drive is definitely OK?

Yes. When I started the drive couldn't play anything at all.
Would not even show in the file system. Now I have .cda .mp3...
Forum: Intel March 1st 11, 01:41 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 9
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
SATA III - is it going to immprove anything?

Shaun wrote:
I was reading specs on hard drive, specifically data transfer rates and it
looks like they're much lower than even the SATA II maximum data transfer
rates, so why did they come...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 28th 11, 05:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
Upgrade system Taking longer to loadup Windows XP

Red Cloud wrote:
With new mobo, cpu and fast memory installed, Windows XP loading up
is much longer, Take a 3 time longer to loadup Windows XP than old
system.....I'm trying to fix. I looked...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 23rd 11, 09:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
WordPad problems

noodles@. wrote:
On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:46:18 -0800, Mike Easter wrote:

I will assume that you used a version of WordPad which came with Win 95,
98, Me, or Win2K and...
Forum: General February 14th 11, 05:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
cannot copy-"no address mark was found on the floppy disk"

Bob Smith wrote:
When transferring files to my floppy disk drive I get a Windows error
message:

"Cannot copy (files) no address mark was found on the floppy disk" .

At first I thought...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 1st 11, 11:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
how many wires needed from CD to sound card

DJW wrote:
I want to make up a cable to go between my sound card (sound blaster
live PCI)and my CD-ROM drive. I know the right and left channels wires
are the furthest out to both sides of the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 29th 11, 10:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
What is the latest free temp monitor

Metspitzer wrote:
I took my cover off my computer to record the alarm sound it makes
occasionally and the alarm quit. So I guess that means it is getting
too hot.

It was a faint alarm...
Forum: General January 26th 11, 06:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Sjouke Burry[_2_]
turning on old ibm power supply api-6043

mynick wrote:
it has no green or black-brown-blue-white wires?
Because it just had a physical on/off switch in those days?
Just -12/12/5/ground wires.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 187