Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JCMc
Forum: Dell Computers May 8th 08, 10:08 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 18
Posted By JCMc
XP Home service pack 3???

I installed it on my home PC running XP Pro. I see no differences, I guess
that is good and bad. I had no problems, that's good, but I see no
improvements, features, or reliability changes...
Forum: Dell Computers April 11th 08, 02:48 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By JCMc
Anyone know where I can get a cheap knock-off watch?

What's with the news-group pollution?
Forum: Dell Computers January 11th 08, 03:05 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By JCMc
Resolved: Additional Info: Lattitude D620 Inbuilt Wireless died

Thanks for all the advice. In the end, we replaced the motherboard and of
course that resolved the problem. Because this is pretty typical
configuration among my colleagues we swapped my hard...
Forum: Dell Computers December 29th 07, 01:17 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By JCMc
Additional Info: Lattitude D620 Inbuilt Wireless died

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

"JCMc" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers December 29th 07, 03:22 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By JCMc
Additional Info: Lattitude D620 Inbuilt Wireless died

Installed a new replacement Wireless mini-card from Dell today, and did not
resolve this problem. Typically, windows does not even find the device on
it's own, but I can force it to show up by...
Forum: Dell Computers December 23rd 07, 10:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By JCMc
Additional Info: Lattitude D620 Inbuilt Wireless died

You are right, it is still covered by warranty, and even that is not such a
big deal as it is my work PC, so it wasn't coming out of my pocket anyway.
I hope the help desk guys have a couple of...
Forum: Dell Computers December 23rd 07, 03:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By JCMc
Additional Info: Lattitude D620 Inbuilt Wireless died

I found the online documentation, and learned that the extra on/off switch
slider position I was poorly describing below is called the "Momentary"
position, and can be used to search for wireless...
Forum: Dell Computers December 23rd 07, 03:16 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By JCMc
Lattitude D620 Inbuilt Wireless died

My Dell Latitude D620 wireless died yesterday while connected. I had been
using wireless access in my home without any problem, as I do most days for
the past year plus. I walked away to do...
Forum: Dell Computers September 8th 07, 02:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By JCMc
1280 x 1024 15"

Pete, If you find that you can plug the LCD in before booting your laptop,
you could use a different profile to reflect the resolution change. I use a
laptop and frequently connect to a 19 inch...
Forum: Dell Computers September 2nd 07, 01:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 12
Posted By JCMc
Declining battery life: e1405 with 9-cell battery

It's a little hard to believe you were able to get 6.5 hours from a charge
originally, unless your hard drive was not being used, but in any event,
your battery should not have deteriorated that...
Forum: Dell Computers December 29th 06, 02:01 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By JCMc
Caps problem??

Don't know about your situation, but I have a couple keyboards around here
from long gone pc's. Most are probably PS2, but I also have one of those
USB-PS2 adaptors. If you have any combination...
Forum: Dell Computers November 6th 06, 11:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By JCMc
Resolved: Losing Screen Resolution setting on Latitude D620

Thanks for all suggestions. I did reload the driver for the on-board video
chip, and with the proper driver loaded, I used the Driver advanced
configuration screens and now resolution is preserved...
Forum: Dell Computers November 5th 06, 03:16 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By JCMc
Losing Screen Resolution setting on Latitude D620

I was changing the Windows Screen resolution properties on the "Settings"
tab of the "Display Properties" window. I was not using any "Advanced"
properties the Graphics provider offers. Maybe I...
Forum: Dell Computers November 4th 06, 03:03 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By JCMc
Losing Screen Resolution setting on Latitude D620

I just got a new Latitude D620 for work. It has the wide screen, and
appears to perform best when set to 1440x900 resolution. Unfortunately, it
will not maintain this setting across reboot. As a...
Forum: Dell Computers October 4th 06, 02:03 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By JCMc
Comments Latitude C640 vs D610

I currently use an old workhorse Latitude C640 with P4 2GHz processor. It
has 524k cache and 1Gig memory. Due to a recent reassignment of one of my
staff members, I could assume use of his...
Forum: Dell Computers August 17th 06, 02:44 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By JCMc
Substitute Battery while awaiting recall replacement

I own a couple Lattitude Laptops and one of them has a battery among those
identified for recall. I have an older Lattitude with a spare battery of the
identical dimensions that is not identified...
Forum: Dell Computers July 17th 06, 10:18 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By JCMc
Dell Latitude D820 --- College machine?

I chose the Latitude for my daughter for exactly that reason. It turns out
my daughter did not carry it around campus much last year, but did take it
to Spain for the summer semester there (mostly...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17