Showing results 1 to 25 of 104
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Yes[_2_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 14th 20, 01:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Yes[_2_]
problem with audio - question

Paul wrote:

Yes wrote:
Steve Hough wrote:

Paul was thinking very hard :
Yes wrote:
I have an Asus B150-M-A mobo with an integrated graphics
chip and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 5th 20, 10:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Paul wrote:

Yes wrote:
I have an Asus B150-M-A mobo with an integrated graphics chip and
Realtek ALC887 codec. I connect it via HDMI cable to my living
room TV when I want to use the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 5th 20, 09:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Yes[_2_]
problem with audio - question

Steve Hough wrote:

Paul was thinking very hard :
Yes wrote:
I have an Asus B150-M-A mobo with an integrated graphics chip and
Realtek ALC887 codec. I connect it via HDMI cable...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 5th 20, 09:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Yes[_2_]
problem with audio - question

Flasherly wrote:

On Thu, 5 Nov 2020 04:28:01 -0000 (UTC), "Yes"
wrote:

At first I was thinking buy a cheap sound card because the current
problem is no...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 5th 20, 05:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By Yes[_2_]
problem with audio - question

I have an Asus B150-M-A mobo with an integrated graphics chip and
Realtek ALC887 codec. I connect it via HDMI cable to my living room TV
when I want to use the pc. It's worked very well for my needs...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 15th 20, 02:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Yes[_2_]
pr problem

Within the last few weeks, the screen will go blank literally for a
second or two when I'm using my pc. I'll be at a web site, and all of
a sudden the screen blanks (turns dark), no error messages. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 16th 20, 02:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Yes[_2_]
Western Digital quetion

Hi,

Does anyone have comments about the quality/reliability difference
between WD Black and WD Blue? Their ads say the Blue line is for
everyday perforamnce and the Black line is for power...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 10th 20, 05:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Yes[_2_]
SSD question

Paul wrote:

Yes wrote:
newbie questions he

Do internal SSD cards require a constant uninterrrupted supply of
power to maintain the data stored in it?

What about...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 9th 20, 07:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Yes[_2_]
SSD question

newbie questions he

Do internal SSD cards require a constant uninterrrupted supply of power
to maintain the data stored in it?

What about external SSD cards? I just saw an ad for a portable...
Forum: General May 7th 20, 05:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Yes[_2_]
USB Hub?

~misfit~ wrote:

On 7/05/2020 1:07 pm, Peter Jason wrote:

Paul

curious bystander here. Is there an USB 3 powered hub that people
agree works well? At one time,...
Forum: General May 6th 20, 08:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Yes[_2_]
USB Hub?

Paul wrote:

wrote:
On Fri, 1 May 2020 11:09:49 -0500, philo wrote:

On 5/1/2020 8:06 AM, wrote:
What are USB hubs used for? ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 24th 19, 07:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Yes[_2_]
question about mobo/graphics card

Flasherly wrote:

On Thu, 23 May 2019 20:00:04 -0000 (UTC), "Yes"
wrote:

So I'm wondering if mfrs have begun selling specialized mobos
catering to the crowd...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 24th 19, 07:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Yes[_2_]
question about mobo/graphics card

Paul wrote:

Yes wrote:
Considering that some of the graphics cards I've seen pictured these
days use two of the backplate slots to mount the card, have any
motherboard manufacturers...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 24th 19, 06:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

VanguardLH wrote:

Yes wrote:

Considering that some of the graphics cards I've seen pictured these
days use two of the backplate slots to mount the card, have any
motherboard...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 23rd 19, 09:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Yes[_2_]
question about mobo/graphics card

Considering that some of the graphics cards I've seen pictured these
days use two of the backplate slots to mount the card, have any
motherboard manufacturers started offering mobos that are...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 15th 19, 07:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Yes[_2_]
Thanks for the info what hardware is needed for multiple-screen displays

Thank all of you for the responses. I asked those questions because,
as I said originally, it piqued my curiousity and i almost always get
fascinated with wondering how they do that. At some time...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 15th 19, 04:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Yes[_2_]
what hardware is needed for multiple-screen displays

I just saw an ad for an ASUS monitor showing 9 monitors in a 3x3 matrix
being used to show a picture. It got me curious.

Other than the monitors themselves, what hardware would be needed to...
Forum: General February 4th 19, 11:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Yes[_2_]
question about CPUs and GPUs

Just a bit of curiosity on my part the state of CPU and GPU (a
discrete graphics card) technology out there. I'm not ready to upgrade
my pc or build a new one yet but read ads and a few reviews....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 29th 18, 08:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By Yes[_2_]
idle curiosity - why internal HD rather than external HD

Given some recent problems with my pc, I've started daydreaming about
moving all my HDDs (all are SATA) from inside the pc case to an
external device.

Please keep in mind that I don't have a solid...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 1st 18, 09:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Yes[_2_]
USB 3.0 hub question

VanguardLH wrote:

Yes wrote:

I'm thinking about buying a USB 3.0 external hub for my pc. I'm
looking for one that has about an 18 to 20 inch cable length and
will use the older 3.0...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 1st 18, 08:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Yes[_2_]
USB 3.0 hub question

Paul wrote:

Yes wrote:
I'm thinking about buying a USB 3.0 external hub for my pc. I'm
looking for one that has about an 18 to 20 inch cable length and
will use the older 3.0 USB...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 1st 18, 08:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Yes[_2_]
USB 3.0 hub question

VanguardLH wrote:

Charlie Hoffpauir wrote:

On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 17:23:28 -0000 (UTC), "Yes"
wrote:

I'm thinking about buying a USB 3.0 external hub...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 1st 18, 08:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Yes[_2_]
USB 3.0 hub question

wrote:

I'm thinking about buying a USB 3.0 external hub for my pc. I'm
looking for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 1st 18, 06:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Yes[_2_]
USB 3.0 hub question

I'm thinking about buying a USB 3.0 external hub for my pc. I'm
looking for one that has about an 18 to 20 inch cable length and will
use the older 3.0 USB connectors (Type A ???). Are there any...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 29th 18, 12:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Yes[_2_]
HDD ratings

Flasherly wrote:

3T models were recently atrocious, past few years, whereas 2/4/6TB
weren't. Strangely eye-opening. I'd still want manufacturing drive
dates, model verification numbers,...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 104