Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.14 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Al Pilarcik
Forum: General March 13th 07, 06:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Replies: 18
Posted By Al Pilarcik
Does a Windows XP install format the Master Boot Record?

Mark wrote:
How can it be that after formatting a disk during a Win XP install
that, after the install, two versions of windows are proposed in the
startup menu? On Partition 1 and partition 2?...
Forum: General February 26th 07, 12:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 27
Posted By Al Pilarcik
FAST reliable router?

Ken Maltby wrote:

I just did a Google on "BEFSR41 heat problem" and could find
no problems that were found to be heat related, all the problems
were found to be firmware related later in...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 14th 07, 06:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Al Pilarcik
A7N8X-E supported hard disk size

kleffi wrote:
On Feb 12, 10:06 pm, "Al Pilarcik" wrote:
david wrote:
Hi everyone
thanks for helping me out with the following question:

I need a new hard...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 12th 07, 10:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

david wrote:
Hi everyone
thanks for helping me out with the following question:

I need a new hard drive an I´m not quite sure which one to take. Is
there a limit in the hard drive (SATA)...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 11th 07, 07:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 12
Posted By Al Pilarcik
64 bit OS

Mike wrote:

Read this first:
http://kadaitcha.cx/vista/dogsbreakfast/index.html

I have an Asus a8n32-sli deluxe with an
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ socket 939
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 30th 07, 05:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 7
Posted By Al Pilarcik
939 Chipset - time to buy?

edavid3001 wrote:
I have an a8n-sli p with an AMD 3000+ processor.

I've been watching the price of AMD 939 chips fall. Seems I can get
an AMD Opteron 185 Denmark 2.6GHz Socket 939 Dual Core...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 23rd 07, 07:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Al Pilarcik
mobo 4 Athlon64X2 5200+

Rob wrote:

Following AMD's massive price cut on the Athlon 64 X2 5200+,
can anyone recommend suitable Asus mobo's for it?

Must-have's:
2 onboard firewire ports (400 or 800)
At least one...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 22nd 07, 07:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By Al Pilarcik
M2NPV-MX + Sempron 2800: is 300W enough ?

Me wrote:
Hi,

I recently upgraded a 3-year old computer to the following
configuration: Asus M2NPV-MX (I'm using the onboard sound, LAN and
VGA)
Sempron 2800+ with stock cooler (QFan...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 19th 07, 07:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Al Pilarcik
Controller Marvel Yukon on A7N8X-E

jtitan wrote:
Hi !

I have the Mainboard A7N8X-E with an integrated network controller
Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit.
I am looking for the DOS drivers to use DOS Ghost
I...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 15th 07, 01:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Al Pilarcik
A7V8X: LAN drivers for Win 2003 Server

brischt wrote:
Al Pilarcik wrote:
You did download win_xp_2k3_32-9.81d.zip, correct ? The MD5 is:
c09e4834cf18cca773e8ae5b63f79758
Does this directory contain b57xp32.sys, b57win32.cat,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 14th 07, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Al Pilarcik
New System Build - Want Opinions

Crash55 wrote:
Hi,

It is about time for me to upgrade my PC and after reading the latest
PC Gamer I started looking at prebuilt systems (a special deal was
advertised). I haven't given up...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 14th 07, 06:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Al Pilarcik
A7V8X: LAN drivers for Win 2003 Server

brischt wrote:
Hi Al,

thanks for your reply.

Al Pilarcik wrote:
http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/netxtreme_server.php

I tried those drivers there, but Windows wouldn't...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 14th 07, 06:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Al Pilarcik
A7V8X: LAN drivers for Win 2003 Server

brischt wrote:
Hi,

I recently installed Win 2003 Server R2 on a machine with a Asus A7V8X
mainboard. Unfortunately, I was not able to find drivers for the
integrated LAN controller, a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 8th 07, 07:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Al Pilarcik
MB for core 2 duo with AGP and DDR?

arro239 wrote:
Al Pilarcik wrote:
arro239 wrote:
I guess it's time to upgrade my AMD 2000+ based desktop which is
loaded with a dual-screen AGP video and 1.5 GB of ram in 3 512
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 8th 07, 10:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

arro239 wrote:
I guess it's time to upgrade my AMD 2000+ based desktop which is
loaded with a dual-screen AGP video and 1.5 GB of ram in 3 512 pieces
- and i am totally happy with this video...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 8th 07, 09:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By Al Pilarcik
Motherboards?

Steve W wrote:

The other one is that even dealers don't seem to bother with
anti-static precautions. Look at eBay for MoBO in good working
order, sat on a nylon carpet for the eBay mug...
Forum: General January 7th 07, 07:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Al Pilarcik
Dual co Core 2 Duo vs. Athlon 64 X2?

Cyde Weys wrote:

Well, it definitely looks like Core 2 Duo is taking over the high end.
Does the Core 2 Duo have more room for upgrades within the
architecture than Athlon 64 X2? Are Athlon...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 07, 10:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By Al Pilarcik
Motherboards?

Davej wrote:
Why does it seem that every motherboard is disliked by 1/4 of the
owners? It makes it difficult to figure out which motherboards are
better than others.

Not really. Abit, MSI,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 07, 08:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 29
Posted By Al Pilarcik
Motherboards?

Dave wrote:

Simple really. A good percentage of home builders shouldn't even
think about building themselves. A lot of the complaints you will
see about motherboards boil down to idiot...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 07, 08:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 44
Posted By Al Pilarcik
BIOS hard drive size limitations

Patty wrote:

This is normal. It has to do with the way that manufacturers label
their hard drives. They use the decimal system and consider 1KB to
be 1,000 bytes. However, this is not...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 30th 06, 09:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Al Pilarcik
Trouble Formatting WD Raptor

Kiah68 wrote:
First of all I'm no IT tech by any means, but I just purchased a brand
new WD Raptor for my system, ran into a problem where the Windows XP
Installation CD is telling me it can...
Forum: Dell Computers December 26th 06, 03:42 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Al Pilarcik
black ice

alphadec wrote:
When do they come out with black ice. ?

http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_dynamic.main?SP=1&PN=10&sid=26412

Your money would be better spent on a hardware router capable of SPI.
Forum: Overclocking December 25th 06, 03:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 63
Posted By Al Pilarcik
What's the point of overclocking?

mike3 wrote:

Well, I don't have a Core 2 Duo, but have been thinking of getting
one. I found some Core 2 Duos at 1.86 GHz clock-speed rating for $170
or so. How much could these be...
Forum: General December 24th 06, 07:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Al Pilarcik
Where to find small and silent components?

Charles wrote:
I'd like to assemble myself tiny (such as the Mac Mini), silent (such
as a laptop), and powerful computers during my free time. The idea is
to have the best desktop computer...
Forum: General December 20th 06, 03:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Al Pilarcik
easy question from a chicken

sf wrote:

Thanks, that's done. In the mean time I discovered that the wrong OS
was installed on my replacement HD last summer. Dayum! I'd just
gotten this computer running the way I like...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31