Showing results 1 to 25 of 64
Search took 1.85 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bill Bradshaw
Forum: General May 1st 20, 04:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Samsung P460 Laptop Ram

Bill Bradshaw wrote:
Paul wrote:

Does your laptop have any BIOS file updates available ?

Generally, I don't do such updates, unless the
company providing the BIOS, has "release...
Forum: General April 30th 20, 06:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Samsung P460 Laptop Ram

Paul wrote:

I relied on your post in T500. So I am going to blame you if it
they do not work :-). My computer has Intel's Mobile Intel(R) 4
Series Express Chipset. I am having a problem...
Forum: General April 29th 20, 05:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Samsung P460 Laptop Ram

wrote:
Experimenting with Windows 10 Pro 64bit.
I want to replace the two chips with 4GB chips.
Could use any suggestions what I might need that will work...
Forum: General April 28th 20, 05:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Samsung P460 Laptop Ram

Paul wrote:
Bill Bradshaw wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 14:34:20 -0800, "Bill Bradshaw"
wrote:

Experimenting with Windows 10 Pro...
Forum: General April 27th 20, 07:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Samsung P460 Laptop Ram

Paul wrote:
Bill Bradshaw wrote:
Experimenting with Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I do have x64 running on a
different harddisk that I am swiching out. Below ares the
specifications: System...
Forum: General April 27th 20, 06:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Samsung P460 Laptop Ram

wrote:

Experimenting with Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I do have x64 running on a
different...
Forum: General April 26th 20, 11:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Samsung P460 Laptop Ram

Experimenting with Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I do have x64 running on a
different harddisk that I am swiching out. Below ares the specifications:

System Name: SAMSUNG-BILL
[System Summary]

Item...
Forum: General April 9th 20, 09:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Last on Earth

philo wrote:
On 4/6/20 3:43 PM, Norm Why wrote:
Hi,

I found the last 4GB Samsung DDR2 RAM, it was priced at USD 15,000.

I went shopping for 2GB Samsung DDR2 RAM. Well priced, four...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 8th 20, 06:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
"This free Windows 10 upgrade offer still works. Here's why -- and how to get it"

Take a look at this if you want to upgrade from 7 to 10.

https://lifehacker.com/quickly-upgrade-windows-7-to-windows-10-for-free-with-t-1840843214#rssowlmlink
--
Bill

Brought to you from...
Forum: General July 5th 19, 05:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
External Backup?

wrote:
I have had bad luck with portable USB storage.
Such as the small 'sticks', and larger hard drives.
I have had them all fail on me. I am tired of it.
I think I wud do...
Forum: General December 4th 16, 07:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Track Unknown Download Bytes

I connected the network to the internet and noticed through my network
monitor that over 100 mbs had been received and was continuing. I
immediately disconnected from the internet. That seems to...
Forum: General April 10th 16, 06:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
How Can I Confine the Mouse Cursor to the display?

Do you have 2 monitors and do you have extended display selected in your
monitor setup operating mode (the second monitor is turned off)? Maybe you
have it set like you have 2 displays even if you...
Forum: General March 6th 16, 07:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
CPUs

Thanks, this gives me some things to think about.

Bill

"Paul" wrote in message
Bill Bradshaw wrote:
Why would people still be building...
Forum: General March 5th 16, 07:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
CPUs

Why would people still be building high end systems using the Haswell versus
Skylake? Is it a price or performance issue or both? I am gathering
information while trying to figure out how I want...
Forum: General February 15th 16, 10:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Replace 120 GB Barracuda ST3120026A

Forget eveything, I am throwing in the towel. I am going to go around to
the thrift stores Wednesday and see if I can not find an old computer that
is running WinXP. Maybe I can even find one...
Forum: General February 15th 16, 08:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Replace 120 GB Barracuda ST3120026A

I located on Amazon this Raid Card. It says it does not work with Sata...
Forum: General February 15th 16, 06:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Replace 120 GB Barracuda ST3120026A

I am only looking to upgrade the hard drives to around 200 gigs each. The
computer is a Micron 800 Mhz Pentium 3 that was purchased in March of 2000.
It is only kept for one specific task and is...
Forum: General February 14th 16, 08:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Replace 120 GB Barracuda ST3120026A

It looks like I can replace the raid card for SATA. So I guess the
remaining question is how large of a hard drive can I go?

Bill

"Bill Bradshaw" wrote in message...
Forum: General February 14th 16, 08:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Replace 120 GB Barracuda ST3120026A

Here is more information about the disks:

ST3120026A
Firmwa 8.54
ATA Version: ATA/ATAPI-6
Current Mode: UDMA 5

Adapter Information:

Softwa Silicon Image
Forum: General February 14th 16, 07:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Replace 120 GB Barracuda ST3120026A

Running WinXP Pro on an old computer with Barracuda's in Raid 1 that are 11
years old. I can hear the start of a bearing problem in one of them. So I
have to replace them. I have found the...
Forum: General January 14th 16, 07:44 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Printing USB to Parallel

I have a generic USB to parallel port cable I use with my Windows 7 Pro
laptop and a HP r80xi printer I purchased in 2000 so it is pretty old and I
am waiting for the day I can no longer buy ink...
Forum: Printers January 14th 16, 07:44 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,comp.periphs.printers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 19
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Printing USB to Parallel

I have a generic USB to parallel port cable I use with my Windows 7 Pro
laptop and a HP r80xi printer I purchased in 2000 so it is pretty old and I
am waiting for the day I can no longer buy ink...
Forum: General October 14th 15, 07:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Two computers one keyboard/mouse two VDU

I use Input Director but my computers are networked through my router.

http://www.inputdirector.com/
--
Bill

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska

"philo" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 19th 15, 07:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Can't delete a desktop icon in W8.1

The next time you delete something from the desktop and it does not
disappear right click on the desktop and select Refresh and see if that
works.
--
Bill

Brought to you from Anchorage,...
Forum: General January 25th 15, 07:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Bill Bradshaw
Computer Builds

I have finally decided to bite the bullet and build my own desktop. I
am looking for sources where I can read about what others are doing
while building their systems. I must not have used the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 64