Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Torbjorn Lindgren
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 16th 19, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.arts.sf.written,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.keyboard,rec.arts.comics.strips
Replies: 0
Posted By Torbjorn Lindgren
xkcd: XKeyboarCD

Lynn McGuire wrote:
xkcd: XKeyboarCD
https://www.xkcd.com/2150/
I have been wondering when someone was going to put emoji keys on a...
Forum: General August 8th 10, 11:04 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 71
Posted By Torbjorn Lindgren
Intel's agreement with the FTC

Intel Guy wrote:
One of the needs that fostered the development of PCI-X seemed to be
giga-bit LAN cards. But there are plenty of conventional PCI giga-bit
lan cards these days,...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives November 29th 08, 05:01 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By Torbjorn Lindgren
sata or sas? performance greatly increased with sas?

wrote:
So you dont think the 7200 rpm (single port)? sas drives (ES2.1) from
seagate.. ie: 500gb, would be worth the bother over 32MB enterprise
drive equivalents that are...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives November 21st 08, 05:04 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 6
Posted By Torbjorn Lindgren
Why a Rasterizer ?

Talal Itani wrote:
[...]
AFAIK, Laser printers, however, only quote the actual hardware resolution
as they're unable to vary the amount of toner at a given location - it's...
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 11th 08, 06:02 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 43
Posted By Torbjorn Lindgren
Good RAID for New Desktop Machine?

Arno Wagner wrote:
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Maxim S. Shatskih
wrote:
I run the Adaptec SCSI card (160MB/s, the one with Windows...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives April 11th 08, 06:02 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 43

wrote:
I run the Adaptec SCSI card (160MB/s, the one with Windows...
Forum: Intel July 3rd 07, 05:23 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 14
Posted By Torbjorn Lindgren
Performance improvement using X5355 over 5080

Bill Davidsen wrote:
Qu0ll wrote:
Can anyone give me a rough guide to the relative performance gains I
would expect to get by swapping 2 x Xeon 5080 3.73GHz Dual-Core CPUs...
Forum: Intel June 24th 07, 12:39 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 14

Qu0ll wrote:
Can anyone give me a rough guide to the relative performance gains I would
expect to get by swapping 2 x Xeon 5080 3.73GHz Dual-Core CPUs with 2 x Xeon...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives May 19th 07, 05:54 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 5
Posted By Torbjorn Lindgren
Can copy tape on fly?

alex wrote:
On 5¤ë17¤é, ¤U¤È6®É30¤À, "Rob Turk" wrote:
"alex" wrote in message
Forum: Storage (alternative) April 6th 07, 02:48 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage
Replies: 41
Posted By Torbjorn Lindgren
Raid0 or Raid5 for network to disk backup (Gigabit)?

Maxim S. Shatskih wrote:
I wouldn't know. Linux ext2/3 has a 2TB file size limit.

Sorry. See the cite from include/linux/ext2_fs.h below and
"__u32 i_size;" in...
Forum: Storage & Hardrives April 6th 07, 02:48 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.arch.storage
Replies: 36

Maxim S. Shatskih wrote:
I wouldn't know. Linux ext2/3 has a 2TB file size limit.

Sorry. See the cite from include/linux/ext2_fs.h below and
"__u32 i_size;" in...
Forum: Intel March 16th 07, 10:03 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 10
Posted By Torbjorn Lindgren
Pentium D vs Kentsfield

Bob wrote:
In shopping for parts to build a new system (I haven't done it for a
few years), I find that a 2.66 Ghz Pentium D is going for about $71.00
while a 2.66 Ghz. Kentsfield...
Forum: Intel September 11th 06, 08:37 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 10
Posted By Torbjorn Lindgren
Tom's Hardware benchmarks Intel's first quad-core "Kentsfield"

Yousuf Khan wrote:
daytripper wrote:
This week I was surprised to read that Clovertown will be available
this fall. I'm a bit skeptical, as the errata list is still long
Forum: Storage & Hardrives August 28th 06, 03:23 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Torbjorn Lindgren
Inspiron 600m hard drive not found

sriram anand wrote:
hi,
I was using the inspiron 600m notebook and suddenly the system crashed.
When I tried to reboot , I got an error message saying "No...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15