Showing results 1 to 25 of 53
Search took 1.28 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ~misfit~[_14_]
Forum: General February 5th 10, 11:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
My Antec TPN-650 "exploded"!

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps) wrote:
something else... but it is a bit beside the point, a visual
inspection of the PSU would tell you if a capacitor had...
Forum: General January 21st 10, 07:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Can't boot from DVD drive

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Flip Wilson wrote:
VanguardLH wrote in :

There isn't a boot *order* configuration (i.e., what order of drive
Forum: Ati Videocards January 20th 10, 09:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 19
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Another reason for owning an air compressor.

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Barry Watzman wrote:
THE LUNGS WILL CLEAN THEMSELVES IN A YEAR OR TWO BUT YOU DO HAVE TO
***STOP SMOKING***

Yeah, if only.....

I've stopped smoking for four years now...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 20th 10, 08:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 19
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Another reason for owning an air compressor.

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Michael W. Ryder wrote:
Cronos wrote:
GMAN wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/13/ventblockers/

Ugh, some people are just disgusting. How anyone can...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 20th 10, 06:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Question about LGA 775 cooler backplate adhesive tape.

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Benedict wrote:
"Bozothedeathmachine" wrote in message

Forum: General January 20th 10, 06:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Question about LGA 775 cooler backplate adhesive tape.

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Benedict wrote:
"Bozothedeathmachine" wrote in message

Forum: General Hardware January 19th 10, 12:07 AM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,comp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
What kind of 2.5" HD adapter do I need?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Paul wrote:
wrote:
Hello,

I decided to replace HD in my laptop. It is HP Pavilion DV2000....
Forum: General Hardware January 18th 10, 10:08 AM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,comp.hardware,comp.periphs.scsi,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
What kind of 2.5" HD adapter do I need?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Paul wrote:
wrote:
Hello,

I decided to replace HD in my laptop. It is HP Pavilion DV2000. I
need some kind of adapter to connect it to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 16th 10, 03:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Question about LGA 775 cooler backplate adhesive tape.

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Flasherly wrote:
On Jan 14, 3:58 pm, Bozothedeathmachine
wrote:
Hi, all.

I just got a used LGA 775 CPU and cooler. The...
Forum: General January 16th 10, 03:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

wrote:
Hi, all.

I just got a used LGA 775 CPU and cooler. The...
Forum: General January 16th 10, 03:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Vadem ? (long shot)

Somewhere on teh intarwebs philo wrote:
kony wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 08:07:56 -0600, philo
wrote:

Someone just gave me a working Vadem
Forum: General January 6th 10, 04:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Steps to enhance computer memory speed

Somewhere on teh intarwebs james.taylor wrote:
sachin_mishra;890614 Wrote:
Hi,

I am using windowXP and the RAM is 256MB but computer speed is too
slow, is this Computer Memory problem...
Forum: General December 30th 09, 02:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Hard drive failure - advice required

Somewhere on teh intarwebs philo wrote:
wrote:
"Eric Shune" writes:

Unfortunately, my hard drive has now failed completely. I hear...
Forum: Overclocking December 25th 09, 11:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 8
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Im desperate

Somewhere on teh intarwebs reborn20 wrote:
Help me, my cpu keeps overclocking... From 2,2 to 2,7Ghz.. It causing
most of my games run too fast or some of them slow. Plus usb devices
are working...
Forum: General December 24th 09, 11:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 29
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Why Widescreen?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs GT wrote:
"kony" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 17:01:53 -0000, "GT"
Forum: General December 19th 09, 12:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 29
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Why Widescreen?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Sjouke Burry wrote:
Bug Dout wrote:
It's more natural for people to scan (move their eyes) side-to-side
than up and down...hence the shift to screen wider in both...
Forum: General December 19th 09, 01:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 29
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Why Widescreen?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Gary Brown wrote:
Hi,

Most monitors nowadays are widescreen. What is the advantage?
I would prefer to get taller, not wider.

Almost all LCD monitors on the market...
Forum: General December 19th 09, 12:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 29
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Why Widescreen?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs UCLAN wrote:
Gary Brown wrote:

Most monitors nowadays are widescreen. What is the advantage?
I would prefer to get taller, not wider.

Stop eating. Put...
Forum: General December 18th 09, 12:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
adding external drive

Somewhere on teh intarwebs kony wrote:
Unless the price difference is quite large I'd rather buy
separate drive and enclosure, even if it does mean having to
buy a new enclosure instead of...
Forum: General December 18th 09, 12:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
adding external drive

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Mickel wrote:
"Tippi" wrote in message
Hi, I want to add an external...
Forum: General December 18th 09, 12:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 49
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
PC parts with the style of a mac?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Mickel wrote:
"kony" wrote in message
Then why are you wasting your time and ours?

It is...
Forum: General December 16th 09, 07:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
Help choosing parts for new build

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Allen wrote:
Randy wrote:

Then please allow me to channel the Spirit World by looking into a
Crystal Ball for your budget and find out if you want an Intel
Forum: General December 14th 09, 11:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
P-IV mobo header broken off

Somewhere on teh intarwebs philo wrote:
The machine was one I had actually found in the trash.
It was brand new and partially assembled and who ever...
Forum: General December 14th 09, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 30
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
CRT Resolution Trouble

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Jon Danniken wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:

I play a couple games too but they're older ones that don't / can't
use widescreen. It just deforms the characters /...
Forum: General December 14th 09, 08:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By ~misfit~[_14_]
P-IV mobo header broken off

~misfit~ wrote: