Showing results 1 to 25 of 107
Search took 0.48 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Tony DiMarzio
Forum: Ati Videocards April 19th 09, 07:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 23
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Do you care about the H.264 hardware decoding function in the ATI display cards?

"First of One" wrote in message
"Tony DiMarzio" wrote in message
Forum: Ati Videocards April 19th 09, 05:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 23
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Do you care about the H.264 hardware decoding function in the ATI display cards?

I downloaded the Zelda Film trailer and first tried it using Apple's
QuickTime decoder. The framerate was terrible while CPU is pegged at 100%. I
then viewed the same H.264 file using libavcodec...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 18th 09, 11:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 23
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Do you care about the H.264 hardware decoding function in the ATI display cards?

Whoops. I was confusing H.264 with WMV HD (VC-1). Silly me. I don't believe
I have any true H.264 content on my machine. I will download the CODEC you
linked below and see what kind of CPU...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 18th 09, 03:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 23
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Do you care about the H.264 hardware decoding function in the ATI display cards?

"Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=V32B)" wrote in message

@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 17th 09, 11:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 27
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Direct3D functionality not available (again)

"PhilT" wrote in message
Congrats! I'm not familiar with this NetSupport software and I'm very
Forum: Ati Videocards April 17th 09, 09:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 27
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Direct3D functionality not available (again)

"PhilT" wrote in message
On 17 Apr, 14:43, PhilT wrote:
Well, my plan...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 15th 09, 02:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 27
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Direct3D functionality not available (again)

"PhilT" wrote in message
On 15 Apr, 00:48, "First of One" wrote:
The low video...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 14th 09, 04:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 26
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Cat 9.4 drivers

"First of One" wrote in message
Don't use the ATI Uninstall utility. Just remove the display drivers
through Control Panel...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 10th 09, 01:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 26
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Cat 9.4 drivers

"Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=V32B)" wrote in message
Carl wrote:
I had a few issues with the install of the 9.4 on a 4870X2 vista...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 21st 09, 04:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
I heard that Catalyst 9.3 was out....

Tony DiMarzio wrote:
Damn ... 9.3 doesn't fix WMV9 DXVA in Vista 64 on X1K cards.

Watch out... The card might be too long for your motherboard and might
block SATA plugs on the...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 19th 09, 02:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
I heard that Catalyst 9.3 was out....

Damn ... 9.3 doesn't fix WMV9 DXVA in Vista 64 on X1K cards.

Ah well ... my X1900XT isn't cutting it in the 3D department anymore either.
Time or an upgrade. Possibly a 4890 ...

"Man-wai Chang...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 8th 09, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Catalyst 9.4 to Drop Support for Pre-R6xx Cards

Hopefully Cat 9.3 fixes WMV9 DXVA in Vista 64 on X1K cards. If not, I'll
just have another good reason to upgrade.

Tony

"First of One" wrote in message...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 22nd 09, 05:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Cat 9.2 released

Cool! I've got a Windows 7 CPP ISO sitting on my drive that I was going to
try out at some point anyway. Cat 9.3 will give me additional incentive.

--
Tony DiMarzio

"First...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 20th 09, 08:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Cat 9.2 released

Haven't tried it yet. Appears to be mostly performance optimization and bug
fixes (though every release addresses at least some bugs), as opposed to new
features/functionality.

--
Tony...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 30th 09, 03:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Hmmm... I wonder what the chances are of it now working with the old NVidia
Dawn demo using the ATI GL wrapper. I used to love that demo but it broke
somewhere around Cat 6.5 I think. Hasn't worked...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 29th 09, 09:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 12
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Catalyst 9.1... Almost Here

"First of One" root@localhost wrote in message
Well, as of this post the front page says 9.1. When you click on the links
it takes you to...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 26th 08, 07:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 10
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
CAT 8.10 driver released yesterday

GTX290 eh? No love for the 4870 or 4870 X2?

I hear the crossfire implementation in the x2 is completely transparent.
Personally, I'll be picking up a 4870 (not an X2) pretty soon.

Tony

"First of...
Forum: Ati Videocards September 28th 08, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Comcast Dropping Usenet

"Adam" wrote in message

"nospam" wrote in message
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 28th 08, 02:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Comcast Dropping Usenet

"Adam" wrote in message

"nospam" wrote in message
Forum: Ati Videocards September 22nd 08, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Comcast Dropping Usenet

"ShadowTek" wrote in message
"Tony DiMarzio" wrote in news:nO6dnbA0O-
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 22nd 08, 02:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Comcast Dropping Usenet

"ShadowTek" wrote in message
"Tony DiMarzio" wrote in news:nO6dnbA0O-
Forum: Ati Videocards September 21st 08, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Comcast Dropping Usenet

"nospam" wrote in message
http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/

I guess to make bandwidth available for their crappy digital phone
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 21st 08, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
Comcast Dropping Usenet

"nospam" wrote in message
http://www.comcast.net/newsgroups/

I guess to make bandwidth available for their crappy digital phone
Forum: Ati Videocards July 14th 08, 03:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 14
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
drivers for 4870 are crap

"Dauphin de Viennois" wrote in message
"Tony DiMarzio" wrote in
Forum: Ati Videocards July 14th 08, 03:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 14
Posted By Tony DiMarzio
drivers for 4870 are crap

"Augustus" wrote in message

ATI's Catalyst driver team is a world class organization. I know... I
work with
them on a daily...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 107