Showing results 1 to 25 of 42
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gorby
Forum: Overclocking August 10th 08, 04:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 12
Posted By Gorby
Opinions on CPU choice please....

Gorby wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:

That's tiny!

I have a really good case for cooling, it's an iCute S901-5G1-BB, on
this page:

http://icute.com.tw/english/S901.html
Forum: Overclocking August 10th 08, 02:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking

~misfit~ wrote:

That's tiny!

I have a really good case for cooling, it's an iCute S901-5G1-BB, on this
page:

http://icute.com.tw/english/S901.html

They're relatively...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards July 7th 08, 02:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 6
Posted By Gorby
GA-MA78GM-S2H SATA Setup

Bill wrote:
In article ,
says...
I'm getting ready to assemble a system with the GA-MA78GM-S2H and a SATA HD
and Optical...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 25th 08, 06:15 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 28
Posted By Gorby
Verizon are jerks.... eliminating the .alt groups

Barry Watzman wrote:
It's not just Verizon.

Road Runner (Time-Warner, Northeast Ohio) cut off ***ALL*** newsgroups
with no warning as of today. ALL of them. The entire service is simply...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 25th 08, 06:15 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3

Barry Watzman wrote:
It's not just Verizon.

Road Runner (Time-Warner, Northeast Ohio) cut off ***ALL*** newsgroups
with no warning as of today. ALL of them. The entire service is simply...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 6th 08, 01:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Gorby
would a 9----GX2 card run in a single slot PCIe motherboard?

Augustus wrote:
Especially when you can get a brand new PNY 8800GTX 768mB OC unit for a
"right now" PRICE OF $289.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133200

Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 5th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Gorby
would a 9----GX2 card run in a single slot PCIe motherboard?

Hi all,
This may be a silly question, but I don't know the answer.
I have a Gigabyte P35C-DS3R motherboard. This motherboard has only a
single PCIe slot. I currently have a 8800GT 640meg video...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 10th 08, 04:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 25
Posted By Gorby
Should I KEEP my video card?

Augustus wrote:
"Robert Blass" wrote in message
I was planning on building a quad-core system [intel] and am...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 28th 08, 06:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By Gorby
7600 gt any good

Mr.E Solved! wrote:
RICHERD PEGG wrote:

7600 gt any good ????
7600 a doggy not !!!!
7600 Tangy Good !!!!
7600 got ya dong !!!!

I could go on and on, but mercifully, I...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 17th 08, 01:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Gorby
Aspect ratio question

Ant wrote:
On 3/17/2008 12:07 AM PT, rpgs rock dvds typed:

On 16 Mar, 13:21, Ant wrote:
On 3/16/2008 5:33 AM PT, RF typed:

Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 17th 08, 05:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 73
Posted By Gorby
LCD larger size -- what for ??

GMAN wrote:
In article , Gorby wrote:
GMAN wrote:
In article
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 17th 08, 03:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 73
Posted By Gorby
LCD larger size -- what for ??

GMAN wrote:
In article , Phil wrote:

Benjamin Gawert wrote:
* Michael Pachta:

I don't...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards February 13th 08, 11:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 8
Posted By Gorby
How does Gigabyte do its naming

Marcus Coles wrote:
Gorby wrote:
I'm a newbie to gigabyte motherboards. So far I have had no problems
with the board. I have a P35C-DS3R.

My prior motherboards have been ASUS. And I...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards February 13th 08, 01:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 8
Posted By Gorby
How does Gigabyte do its naming

I'm a newbie to gigabyte motherboards. So far I have had no problems
with the board. I have a P35C-DS3R.

My prior motherboards have been ASUS. And I was able to understand what
the naming of a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 13th 08, 01:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 11
Posted By Gorby
Video-In

Ryan Hatfield wrote:
Guest wrote:
"deimos" deimos@localhost wrote in message
Guest wrote:
How come this is not the standard? ****, it is...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 24th 07, 02:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Gorby
Problems with drivers

Gorby wrote:
Knud Rasmussen wrote:
HI - I have problems with the new Nvidia driver 169.25. My card is a
8800 GTS and the problem is that when I have installed the driver,
just when vista...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 24th 07, 01:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Gorby
Problems with drivers

Knud Rasmussen wrote:
HI - I have problems with the new Nvidia driver 169.25. My card is a
8800 GTS and the problem is that when I have installed the driver, just
when vista is showing, the...
Forum: Overclocking December 11th 07, 12:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 51
Posted By Gorby
Q6600 "safe" temps?

~misfit~ wrote:

Hi Gordy,

Mate, I love this case! I wish It'd been available when i first started
building PCs. In fact I'm seriously considering buying a couple more, just
so that I...
Forum: Overclocking December 10th 07, 01:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 51
Posted By Gorby
Q6600 "safe" temps?

~misfit~ wrote:
Somewhere on teh interweb Ed Medlin typed:
snip
Hi Ed,

Yeah, when I was looking at those cases so as to be able to give an informed
reply the first thing that came to mind...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 9th 07, 11:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Gorby
which driver version?

Riffrafter wrote:

"Ivan" wrote in message
which is the best so far for 8800GT?

169.12 is by far the best driver for Vista for...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 29th 07, 12:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Gorby
Vista and latest NDVIDIA driver failure!!!

Bill wrote:
In article ,
says...
'Bill' wrote:
| Not just the motherboard side. There are connectors on the power
| supply...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 28th 07, 01:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Gorby
Vista and latest NDVIDIA driver failure!!!

Bill wrote:
In article ,
says...
snip

Bill
The plot thickens! I took the PC back to the shop. They swapped the
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 26th 07, 09:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Gorby
Vista and latest NDVIDIA driver failure!!!

Bill wrote:
In article ,
says...
Bill wrote:
In article ,
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 25th 07, 03:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Gorby
Vista and latest NDVIDIA driver failure!!!

Bill wrote:
In article ,
says...
Guts, Horror, Hair, Vomit, Death!!!! I don't know how to express my FURY!

Background:
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 24th 07, 04:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Gorby
Vista and latest NDVIDIA driver failure!!!

Guts, Horror, Hair, Vomit, Death!!!! I don't know how to express my FURY!

Background:
Motherboard : P5N-e SLI
CPU : Intel core2 duo E6600
Video card : Nvidia GeForce 8800GTS 640 MB Gddr3
RAM ...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 42