Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dr. Richard Cranium
Forum: Ati Videocards October 30th 09, 02:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
4870 x2 compatibility

"First of One" wrote in message
One of the selling points of an X2 card is that you don't need a
Crossfire-capable...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 21st 09, 04:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
ATI Radeon video card(s) causing Sims 3 Hair and folage major havoc

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote in message
It's more of a problem with Sims3 than with ATI. Have you downloaded and
installed the...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 21st 09, 04:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
ATI Radeon video card(s) causing Sims 3 Hair and folage major havoc

"Dr. Richard Cranium" wrote in message
I've been playing the Sims 3 since it was released.

I have two copies...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 20th 09, 06:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
ATI Radeon video card(s) causing Sims 3 Hair and folage major havoc

I've been playing the Sims 3 since it was released.

I have two copies (registered at ea) and my two game machines

have an 1GB DDR5 Diamond ATI Radeon HD 4890 XOC , Ruby Edition

and a DIAMOND ATI...
Forum: Asus Motherboards July 22nd 08, 06:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 22
Possibly new problem discovered with air cooling: Static electricity build up.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
Hello,

Meeeee, Skybuck, has possibly discovered a new problem with...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 22nd 08, 06:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 18
Possibly new problem discovered with air cooling: Static electricity build up.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
Hello,

Meeeee, Skybuck, has possibly discovered a new problem with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 22nd 08, 06:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 23
Possibly new problem discovered with air cooling: Static electricity build up.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
Hello,

Meeeee, Skybuck, has possibly discovered a new problem with...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 13th 08, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.programming,alt.lang.asm
Replies: 5
Audio processing via GPU

"cr88192" wrote in message

wrote in message
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 13th 08, 05:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.programming,alt.lang.asm
Replies: 5
Audio processing via GPU

"cr88192" wrote in message

wrote in message
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 7th 08, 08:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 12
8600 gt refresh rate problem

"Sachin" wrote in message ...
On Feb 7, 11:30 pm, "Dr. Richard Cranium"
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 7th 08, 06:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 12
8600 gt refresh rate problem

"Sachin" wrote in message ...
Hello members,

i have recently bought a GeForce 8600 GT graphic card.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 6th 08, 10:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
HP Pavilion dv2700t Special Edition with 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Gheesh, I might of answered my own question. If you look further into the MXM spec. It say MXM-I spec is for small laptops, (128mb memory max limit among other specs). MXM-II is for medium sized...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 6th 08, 09:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
HP Pavilion dv2700t Special Edition with 128MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Okay,

So I just purchased one of these bad boys. I was wandering down the threads here and maybe figured out that with NVidia's MXM form factor, I could replace the 8400M GS with the 8600M GS.
I...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 4th 08, 08:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Catalyst Media Center splits large files

"Bill Anderson" wrote in message ...
I just tried for the first time to record a movie on TCM using the
Catalyst Media...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 12th 07, 06:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 3
Anyone Having Problems Loading CAT 7.10 ?

no prob with a x300 in a dell 8400.

haven't tried the new cats on these yet. I guess I will now, that they work on the x300.
http://www.smokeypoint.com/My_PC.htm

What is with AMD ? who is "steam"...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 4th 07, 12:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Radeon X1600 broken!?

wrote in message ...
I am having some major issues with my X1600("Made by ATI"), in fact, I
think it may be dead and/or...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 18th 07, 09:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 15
PCI - E card

ah yes. 3Dfx, SLI voodoo2's

a little bit of history can be found he

http://www.smokeypoint.com/3dfx.htm

rumoured that Nvidea will be using the 3Dfx API (soon ?).

if they do bring back the...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 5th 07, 06:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Xp saying there is a secondary GFX card - please help

you have a sound card ?

sometimes that interferes with the video driver installation. Even though that problem is usually with NVIDIA.
So you might have to pull your sound card out of your PC. Then...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 1st 07, 10:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Cat 7.6 out

i have to re set to desktop all the time also.

I thought it was the 24 bit World of Warcraft and then switching to 32 bit Final Fantasy XI that kept hosing me.

tedious yes. Part of my regular...
Forum: Intel June 11th 07, 10:18 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 7
Computex 2007: Intel planning to enter discrete graphics card market in 2008

"AirRaid" wrote in message ...

Ricky Morris, DIGITIMES, Taipei [Thursday 7 June 2007]

"Many of the card...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors June 11th 07, 10:18 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 8

"AirRaid" wrote in message ...

Ricky Morris, DIGITIMES, Taipei [Thursday 7 June 2007]

"Many of the card...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 11th 07, 10:18 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

"AirRaid" wrote in message ...

Ricky Morris, DIGITIMES, Taipei [Thursday 7 June 2007]

"Many of the card...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 11th 07, 10:18 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

"AirRaid" wrote in message ...

Ricky Morris, DIGITIMES, Taipei [Thursday 7 June 2007]

"Many of the card...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 28th 07, 10:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 11
NVIDIA is clueless about gaming software?

stuff like this, and having to load specific versions of Nvidia drivers
for different games caused my move to ATI.

you can see my path of video card upgrades and the sudden
fed upness with Nvidia...
Forum: Ati Videocards October 23rd 06, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
ATI video card on Nvidia chipset?

The AGP video card I swap in the agp pro slot ATI Radeon x800 256meg DDR (12 pipes)
YES! I pulled the Nvidia something out of my HP a530n and stuck in the ATI 9800pro (whoa), then the ATI x800...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 26